List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. I don't know that it falls under Adventure, but Waking Mars is on sale and I'm completely addicted. It's very puzzle-y, so you guys would probably enjoy it as well. Reminds me a bit of Perfect Cell.

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I really want to push the Buy button on that one, especially since I loved their Spider game. I just know I won't have the time to play it, though.

3. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I finished a while back and had the same issue. I think you have to pay more for the additional content which I was too miffed to do.

I enjoyed the game but it was way too short for the price.

4. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    #3984 mrsleny, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    Thank you! Graphics look gorgeous. Gamezebo reviews of PC game were mixed. From the name I expected an Asian theme ... well the dragon mountain part anyway. Here's a review that's pretty in depth. Review

5. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
  6. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Have contacted G5E to see what the crack is. If I buy a game I expect to finish it and only then decide if I want to buy the additional content. If its a case of pay again to finish the game then I will keep my money and never buy a game from them again

7. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I've been playing Another World - an old school platformer which requires a lot of puzzle solving - I'm loving it. I know it's a little off the point and click adventure genre but has anyone played this game. It really has that authentic old school charm and difficulty. I'm really excited to be discovering this game on my ios having never played the original (but I did beat Flashback several times which is made by the same company).

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I was in the same boat (other than the fact that I never beat Flashback). I loved the iOS port of Another World, and actually managed to finish it. Another World actually felt kind of like an adventure game to me, albeit a very action oriented one.

9. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I loved that game!!!! It didn't show "free" for me but I bought it for my iPhone ages ago:)

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I gave up on that game. I loved the first 2 but this one was a let down.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  12. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thanks! I loved Perfect Cell and didn't realize that this one was similar.

13. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    It was just for that day, I should have made that clearer.

14. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #3994 paul.hendricks, Aug 7, 2012
  15. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thank you! The Youda time management game that G5e released a while ago was pretty good, so I hope this turns out well.

16. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #3996 paul.hendricks, Aug 7, 2012
    There is a new freemium City Builder HoG game posted (link to TA forum for the game):

Ski Park HD: Create The Best Mountain Resort

Strange combo, I'll report back later on it.

Not much of a HoG-you look for items in various buildings and houses to outfit workers, but looking involves upgrading the building and then the item pops out onto the sidewalk. Otherwise a standard freemium city builder.

17. Well, it's the closest comparison I can think of at the moment from games I've played.
    It's definitely well worth the 2 bucks. I've put in quite a few hours already and still haven't unlocked everything.
    You basically explore underground caverns of Mars, learning about the different species, collecting data on them, and helping them reproduce. Some of them are dangerous, but you need to make them multiply anyway. It's very relaxed it that dying doesn't have any real consequences and you can easily hop around to locations you've been to by using the map.
    Overall, really great experience.

18. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Sold! Thanks for the additional info. Perfect Cell was awesome and this sounds equally fun, if a different experience.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    No fair. You got post #4000 :) Hope you enjoy the game, though.

20. Lol nope, you did! Reported the spammer and his post disappeared. You're welcome ;)