List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Done! So anything else new guys? You all have been pretty quiet lately. A new room escape game called Mobai Room1 just came out which I added to the list.

2. Law_NYCE

Law_NYCE Member

Oct 27, 2010
    THANKS! For updating the older thread to this new one! I love adventure games and it so hard to keep track of the new ones that come out. Will add to the list when I see anything new!

3. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    Don't forget Ios exclusive 1112 épisode 01 and 02
    and Soon to be released Ep 03 !

4. Law_NYCE

Law_NYCE Member

Oct 27, 2010
  5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    They're already on the list (well, except part 3, which I'll add when it comes out)

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    From the description I don't quite gather that it qualifies. Does anyone else that's played this have a comment one way or the other (I haven't actually played it yet).

7. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Amerzone - The Explorers Legacy. Parts 1, 2 and 3 is just out. Seems to be the same mechanics as Path of the Dragon

8. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    There is also Destination:Treasure Island which looks like a point and click. And Dream:scape when it is released tomorrow

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Added these. I could not add Destination: Treasure Island because it is not available on the U.S. App Store yet (at least it wasn't showing up for me). I'll check back again later.

10. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I am in the UK but it was only just released today on IPhone so you will probably see it later. Thanks for updating your list. It is a great idea

11. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I think it qualifies. ;)

12. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Escape from LaVille

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm still not seeing this one. I assume you're talking about an iPhone version of Destination: Treasure Island and not the iPad one (which is already on my list), correct? Also, I don't see Escape From LaVille in the App Store either.

14. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Yes. Both are on the UK app store. Destination treasure island was released here yesterday and escape from LaVille is released today

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Since there were two votes for and none against (I don't count mine), I went ahead and added Sword & Sworcery. I added the universal version, though, instead of just the iPhone one. Folks can get to the iPhone one easily enough from the universal link :)

16. GamerAdi

GamerAdi Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    I think that this list should be more rigorous (like the old one). I think that S&S, Dream:Scape, or Hidden Object games shouldn't be on the list. They aren't real adventure games.

17. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Disagree. Some hogs, etc have a variety of adventure to them so its totally subjective as to what is a true adventure game to any one person. Besides many have been looking here to find (and will) most hog's or anything closely related to adventure games. Most look at this thread as an umbrella for any of these type of games and not just specially for what one would call an adventure game. I don't think deleting all of these hog's in the thread is a very good suggestion and never hope its taken seriously.

18. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    +1 Besides.. they are catagorized. You can ignore the types you don't like.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You beat me to the punch on this one. I agree about the HOGs. Many of them nowadays have better stories than a lot of "true" adventure games. As for S&S and Dreamscape, I'm still not completely sold on those, so at this point I'd have to agree with GamerAdi on those two titles. Now if enough people actually dislike the broadening scope of the list I'll consider changing it, but for right now I'm happy with the information it contains.

20. GamerAdi

GamerAdi Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    #40 GamerAdi, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
    That's great that you have your own beliefs, and that we can debate on this topic. I consider myself as a hardcore adventure player. I played my first adventure game about 20 years ago :) I don't like casual games (and HOGs are casual adventure games), and I don't consider casual players (like my wife for example - she loves FarmVille), as players.
    The previous list (here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=41704) is much better, because the creator of this list (TheFamousEccles) refused many times to put a HOG on the list.
    But I think that we need to thank Eric for this new list, and for keeping the adventure fans community together :) Thank you Eric!