List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. siege187

siege187 Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Actually loving The Haunt thus far, the graphics update will be welcomed however. There is a collectible HoG-esque puzzle that is integrated quite well, if a little difficult to see on the iPhone.

The Detective Grimiore game hit its kickstarter goal so something else to look fwd to.

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  3. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I'm liking the game but the devs ought to make zoom in available. Also there's some letters and things I simply cannot read. There's a connect the cords puzzle in the child's room with toys that is proving to be impossible due to sheer size of the threads!

Unless they do something to it to allow zoom I think I'll just delete. It's not worth the frustration or eye strain.

I'm stuck but can't advance but am unable to read some text.

Sp promising!

4. I might be wrong, since I haven't finished it yet, but I think the scribbles that are hard to read (like on the safe) are not used for anything.

I haven't solved the puzzle in the kids' room yet either. Hoping there will be a clue somewhere to solving it, like with the last puzzle I was stuck on.

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I'm not loving the game. Soooo blurry and if I don't feel like doing a puzzle, I can't skip it! I've had to use hints on a few and would have NEVER guessed the answer:( oh well.

6. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
  7. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #3947 paul.hendricks, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    I've been slacking in my posting duties, sorry. For BFG, two games out Monday (links to AppShopper):

Season Match2 HD

Fun game, in vein of first Seasons game, with more mini-games and power-ups. Good graphics, repetitive music, and overall a decent purchase if you like this style of game.

Cate West: The Vanishing Files HD

Cate West: The Vanishing Files

Haven't had a chance to spend much time with this, like the initial look of the graphics and the tone, will add more impressions tomorrow.

For BFG, one game out Tuesday(links to AppShopper):

Age of Enigma: The Secret of the 6th Ghost HD

Age of Enigma: The Secret of the 6th Ghost

Odd, but engaging storyline, decent graphics, mixed gameplay (HOG and adventure). Haven't decided what way to go on this one. I think mrsleny liked the game when it was released in Canada.

Last game from BFG just out (no links, will update with those and impressions tomorrow):

Shiver: Poltergeist HD

Shiver: Poltergeist

8. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thanks for posting this!! I think I'll have to take one of each, excepting that Big Foot one-not a big fan of the games that try to splice in photo's of people.

9. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    #3949 mrsleny, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    Yes I liked Age of Enigma. I played the PC version but it was on the short side. Still quite fun and a nice break without the traditional junk pile HoG scenes.

Also bought and am enjoying Shiver Poltergeist. Still trying the demo of Hidden Expedition Uncharted Islands. I can't seem to get into it. This one should be released soon in US. I may go back to it. I really liked Hidden Expedition Amazon.

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  11. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
  12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  14. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    If you have a retina display, the Hidden Collection HD is very blurry, making it almost unplayable for small items.

15. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
  16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Thankfully I wasn't even interested in that one, so that's something I don't have to worry about :)

17. Hey everyone!

First of all thank you so much for all of the nice comments and feedback, it really means a lot!

And thanks for finding and reviewing all these great games for me! ;-)

Just wanted to let you know that I posted some new screenshots of our upcoming adventure game, Mosaika, in the existing upcoming games thread:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2375227&posted=1#post2375227

Let me know what you think!

Warm regards,
    Joe

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    As always it looks awesome. This also reminds me that I still haven't played Lost City yet. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

19. Omg do any of you know how to get an iCloud save to load if it's not?
    I reinstalled IB2 for the update and my lvl 80 or so character was reset to 0 :/. I *think* my save file is still in iCloud, but don't know how to access it. Any info I could find says I need to wipe my phone an restore from backup... Which I refuse to do for a single game.
    Any ideas?

(PS - I've deleted and reinstalled the game in the past and my save loaded fine. Not sure why it decided to break now.)