List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. kendahlj

kendahlj Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Beat Grisly Manor last night. Not really grisly. Had three kids sitting around me helping... It was a fun family activity. Only took an hour or so. Going to buy Lost City and do the same...also the Broken Sword games. Any others that might provide good family adventure solving fun?

2. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I LOVE the Broken Sword games!

3. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I think you're really going to like Lost City as will your kids. For family adventure stuff I think The Mystery Lighthouse 2 is pretty good (definitely not the same level of quality as grisly/lost city) but pretty good. The Mystery Of Crimson Manor which is a little too "inspired" by the lost city, is a good game (better than the Mystery Lighthouse games in my opinion). Cryptic Keep is really good also - better than the Mystery Lighthouse stuff.

I totally recommend getting the free room escape game DOOORS - each "room" is just a puzzle on how to open the door - but it is really fun game to play with the kids. My kids (4 and 6) really got into it (as did I), and I couldn't believe how much it got their problem solving skills working. Also, try any of the bored.com escape games (preferably not the 3d ones). They are free and my kids and I have fun figuring them out.

4. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    There are a lot of apps like Dooors. My son usually ends up taking my phone off me once new levels come out. He likes to better his mum

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Playing the Haunt and not as impressed as everyone else:(

6. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    The only downside so far are the graphics. I don't know if it's just me but they seem kinda fuzzy. Should not have played Snow Hill first because I think that spoilt me a bit as everything was crystal clear.

7. No problem on my iPhone. Maybe it's not optimized for iPad?

8. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    It does look better on iPhone.

9. Lol I had the puzzle all misunderstood. It's nothing like the ones from Closed Room. I just overlooked the clue needed to solve it ;).

10. syndessol

syndessol Well-Known Member

#3930 syndessol, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    Just an FYI...
    We plan to update the graphics with full resolution in our first update. We originally were preparing a separate HD version...but we've decided to include the HD graphics into the original. The HD graphics are 4 times the current resolution and will be crystal clear on iPads.

Thanks for the feedback everyone on The Haunt.
    Cheers!

11. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I'm finding the puzzles impossible to complete due to the size of the screen. I think it's suitable for ipad but no phone. Anyone else having the same issue?

If this continues I may ask for a refund.

12. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Good to hear, hopefully it won't be too long before the update comes out

New release Escape Game: Hospital. Looks like the classic point n click with a satchel for your finds.

13. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    New BFG in Canadian app store:

Age of Enigma: the secret of the sixth ghost

Graphics are cartoon style but well drawn. Mostly adventure and puzzles from what I remember of the PC version which I played a while ago. I don't think there were any true hidden object scenes. Some might consider the game too "girly" as you play a young female medium who must help six ghosts find peace and redemption.

Gamezebo reviews of PC version said gameplay was on the short side.

14. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yes, it looks very blurry!

15. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Puzzles seem very small on iPhone so I will just have to wait until the update comes out and pray that the graphics improve a lot

16. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    It feels like we were talking about this a while back, but there is a release thread for Atlantis 2 HD (and non-HD).

Is this the game that has been around from a couple of different publishers?

17. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    There was Atlantis: The New World, which I think was the one we had discussions about last time. I'm pretty sure there have been at least 3 or 4 different Atlantis adventure games, and I don't think they were all named the same as what they were on the PC. Nothing like trying to confuse potential buyers :)

18. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I'm sure I haven't seen this one on ios before, looking at the screenshots. Will wait a while because they always seem to put them on sale not long after release

19. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm a bit surprised that I haven't seen any press releases from Anuman on this one yet.

20. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thanks. Their intricate confusion strategy worked on me!!!:)