List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. enoch-gamer

enoch-gamer Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Can somebody recommend the best point-and-click adventure game to me please?

I love to play adventure games and I want to buy and play some of the point-and-click adventure games on my summer vacation. Can somebody recommend some of the best point-and-click adventure games to me? Thanks sooooooooomuch :)!!!!!:):):)

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Thanks for the heads up and no apologies necessary for the plug. That's what these forums are all about. I have downloaded the taster and will give it some undivided attention soon.

3. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    From other topic :)

SPOILER

Screenshots:
    1. http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1562/38903497.png
    2. http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8126/62216832.png
    3. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1364/10746768.png
    4. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/414/81404261.png
    5. http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6459/73623137.png
    6. http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7666/34664906.png
    7. http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1367/41500271.png

Please remember that you HAVE TO release your finger
    after every number. So you have to release your finger on screenshots:
    3.; 5.; 7.

Description of screenshots:
    1. This is what do you see at the beginning. The safe is set to 0.
    2. Now you have to set the first number (13 left). You have to turn
    the safe counter clockwise to 13.
    3. You are now on 13. Release your finger.
    4. Now you have to set the second number (3 right). You have to turn
    the safe clockwise to 3.
    5. You are now on 3. Release your finger.
    6. Now you have to set the third number (9 left). You have to turn the
    safe counter clockwise to 9.
    7. You are now on 9. Release your finger.

Please also remember that if you are turning the safe f.e counter
    clockwise to 13, and you missed it (and now you are on 14 or higher),
    you can't go back, by rotating the safe clockwise. You have to turn it
    by 360 degrees counter clockwise back to the 13.

SPOILER END

Regards,
    The Moonwalls.

4. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    #344 TheMoonwalls, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
    The Train episode 02 is approved, and it will be available in next few hours :)

I have all e-mails :) I will send you gifts as soon as the game is available in US AppStore.

5. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Excellent timing. Going on holiday on Saturday so this will keep me entertained(if I can wait that long)

6. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
  7. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    When I hear statements like this I'm glad I don't have an iPad. My games are much cheaper :)

8. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Grrrrrr thanks for rubbing it in lololol that's not bad considering most games are around $7. Well, the BigFish ones I downloaded along w Salem Witches and Devil on Mississippi were. :( I need to learn to have patience and wait lol

I won't put a smile on your face and tell you what I spent last month lol

Did you get the safe?

9. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I played it on my iPhone :) I refuse to double buy apps lol I want Words With Friends for my iPad but can't make myself buy it again. Lol

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I got my first iPod Touch in 2008, and between the two of them (a 2G and a 4G) I've spent just over $1000. Of course that includes gift cards that I've gotten for gifts and from contests and such. The total number of games I've bought for that money is 849. Ironically, that even includes a couple of iPad only games :) Now when you start factoring in free downloads, games I've gotten for review and ones I've received for beta testing, the number is really rather disgusting... but I think there's another thread for that.

I did get the safe, and actually completed the game over lunch. I really do like the game, but man I couldn't believe it when the game was over. I thought it must be a joke, because there were still so many things left to do! Of course Moonwalls, you know you've backed yourself into a bad corner now. There were enough loose ends in this game that you'll have to keep going until you've satisfied all of us current users with enough details :) You better hope there's a lot of resolution in part 2!

11. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Don't worry Eric, most questions are answered in the second episode :)
    But I left few things for the third part :p

12. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    thank goodness I found a lite version of that new Big Fish game (not sure y the user posted a link to the full version) bc it has a bug preventing you from continuing on in one of the mini games lol so happy I didn't buy it!!! :)

13. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Lite versions are such a good idea. Especially for higher priced games. Would be a good idea if all expensive games released a taster app first to give you an idea of gameplay

14. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I 100% AGREE! it should be required bc many times there are glitches when games first come out. I finally got out of the glitch on the game I mentioned above and I actually really enjoyed the lite version. It said "free" on the app page and said UNLOCK FULL VERSION FROM WITHIN GAME. I went to download full version from within game and it charged me!! No where on the apps page in iTunes does it say or list a price like every other Big Fish game! It came out today so I figured maybe it was free. Very misleading.

Oh well, at least I won that iTunes gift card so I don't feel that bad :(

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That's good to know. So when's that part 2 going to be available???

I agree, as long as you can transfer data from the lite to the full version when it makes sense. Otherwise they are mostly a waste of time. I think it's a shame that Apple hasn't made better provisioning for that after all this time.

16. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    The in app purchase does seem to be in more of the HOG/Puzzle Adventure games but I think people are wary of them when it comes to re-downloading.

17. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Hey everyone,
    The game is available, but I can't make a gift, because (I have no idea why), it's impossible to make a gift with iTunes credit (from Gift Card), and I don't have US Credit Card, or PayPal account. I will send Promo Codes for you in few minutes.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm actually one of those people. I guess what troubles me is that some developers put a button in their options menu to re-download IAP purchases. Does that mean if the developer doesn't supply such a mechanism than you are out of luck? I would think since the IAP is handled via the App Store, the developer shouldn't even have to worry about it.

I got my code, thanks!

19. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I am also one who does not like in app purchase. Had a bad experience with a game I bought about 6 months ago. Went to redownload it after something went wrong and it charged me twice. Now I wait for the normal app to come out before I make a purchase. I like the fact that it is mine and it is easy to re-install.

Thanks for the promo code. It is a shame that we won't be able to write a review on the app store but if you have a separate thread for Episode 2 then we will be able to leave a review on there and on Facebook

20. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010