List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    If you play some games that are mentioned in this thread, it may help. A hint system would also help. There seems to be a ton of bugs. For example, every time I enter an area and find something, when I return to that area, the item I found pops up making me think there is nothing else left to do. I clicked on the pulpit numerous times and nothing happened. After I got the hammer in my inventory I clicked on the pulpit and got fire. I had no clue that the hammer was used until I clicked inventory and saw it missing. I never clicked to use it. You may want to take it down until you clean it up. :rolleyes:

2. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Did anyone check out Mansion Ch 1? It's new and supposed to be similar to Myst. It's $.99 now.

3. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    I'm back :p Excuse me I didn't respond to your questions about The Train. I had a date with a wonderful girl :D

I have somewhere Treasure Seekers, but I don't like it. I enjoyed Dr. Stanley's House 1 and 2 very much :)

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    For a date you are forgiven. That's much more important than answering our questions anyway :)

As for Treasure Seekers, if you tried part one, I'd still recommend giving part two a shot. I'm pretty sure there is a free version. I really didn't care for part one either, but then I got the opportunity to review part two and loved it.

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    A girl:) how did it go? I happen to be one of those (shhh) , so feel free to ask for advice. I keep it on the down low;)

I couldn't and can't stand Treasure Seekers!!!! It was so painful getting through the 3rd one, which is free now, or was. I think I deleted it. I loved Dr Stanleys House 2 but got stuck w some bugs on the first one. I played the 2nd one first.

@pointoflight what games does head case make or give away? Not sure if they are a dev bc didn't look them up:)

Who has an iPad here? I have a code for a game I don't want to waste. Its a "boys" game lol

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    What was so painful about Treasure Seekers? The third one wasn't quite as good as the second, but I certainly wouldn't describe it as painful.

As for HeadCase Games, yes they are a developer. They made a casual matching game called 180. Unfortunately, I don't think they are giving away games any more. For a long time they had a promotion where each day a random winner would get to choose one game that either cost .99 or 1.99. I suppose I should remove that from my signature :)

7. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010

It was great! My surprise for her (indian food, Bollywood movies, roses, incenses etc.) was a full success :)

8. GamerAdi

GamerAdi Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Over here! I have an iPad :)

That's nice, congrats! :)

BTW, I have iTunes account in US :)

9. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I felt Treasure Seekers was soo slow, boring and monotonous. I guess if one enjoys a slow paced hidden object game it would be fine. It irks me how you have to find about 5 items for 1 main item. Just wasnt a fan. :confused:

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I guess if you don't like the "multiple items for a key object" mechanic than Treasure Seekers would be a bit difficult to get into. I personally didn't find it slow and monotonous, but that's different tastes, I guess :)

11. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Which game are you talking about? :) It happens that I have an iPad :D

12. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Talking about Treasure Seekers. Nelly and Tom lol

13. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I need a new game now. :rolleyes: I finish them so fast. Then again I am on vacation so I have the time lol suggestions??

14. SoftGamers

SoftGamers Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    How about 1112 series... I heard that episode 3 is coming soon...

15. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    #336 TheMoonwalls, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
    Maybe something different this time? You can try some of these:
    1. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/infinight-a-thrilling-light/id409314233?mt=8
    2. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hysteria-project-2/id408378691?mt=8
    3. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touch-detective/id438842356?mt=8
    4. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/soul-trapper-episode-1-ollie/id292616556?mt=8
    5. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alternate-endings/id297375560?mt=8
    6. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dream-scape/id431161106?mt=8
    7. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sid-meiers-pirates!-for-ipad/id438635005?mt=8

:)

I almost forgot - The Train episode 02 is now 'In Review', so it should be available tomorrow :)

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I must have missed a few pages of conversation in this thread, because I don't remember seeing this post at all (hence the really late reply). Yes, I do have a U.S. iTunes account. I would definitely appreciate a copy of part 2, but no matter how you get it to me I'll write a review, so if for some reason I can't do it on iTunes with a code I'll just post it to one of my review sites instead.

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    @TheMoonwalls - am I going nuts, or did you post pics of the safe combination in this thread at one point? Maybe it's the official thread I'm thinking of. I'll go check that tomorrow because I've got to go to bed now.

18. Five magical amulets

Hello there, fellow adventure game fans!

Sorry for the shameless plug, but we just released a lite version of our fairytale adventure game Five magical amulets. If you haven't tried the game yet, now you can safely test the first chapter and if the game suits your taste, you can easily upgrade it to a full version using In-App Purchase.

P.S. Special thanks to PointOfLight for maintaining the adventure game list. As a gamer I find the list extremely useful (it's not exactly easy to find point'n'click adventures using just the App Store search :) )