List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Evalulu

Evalulu New Member

Aug 7, 2011
  2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Thanks for the link. I would never have finished it otherwise. Too hard for my liking but a nice twist at the end

3. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    How do I read the spoiler?? Anyway, I tried getting the card out of the guys pocket but no luck. Then I was stuck on that screen. I'll go back now and try again lol

4. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Just click on it. Steady hands and you will do it. Not a pickpocket then?!?

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Is it suppose to freeze when inserting virus?

6. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010

Freeze? Nope, just move your device (use accelerometer), to move the virus. If you get to the Bin, you will have to start from the beginning.

7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Ohhhh hahaha what's the emperors name? Lol

8. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Talk to the man with the briefcase and look for capitals

9. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    #289 TheMoonwalls, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
    Gregorius :)

:)

BTW, Could you recommend me some nice HOGs or adventure games? I'm looking for some inspirations, how to use iPhone or iPad multi-touch screen, or other iDevice's components (such as microphone, accelerometer, front camera etc.).
    I enjoyed 1112 very much, because of many nice ideas (safe, radio and other things). Also Infernus: Verse 2 has some interesting ideas :)

10. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    I really enjoyed "Drawn:the painted tower" on iPad. Hog game, with some nice puzzles.A really excellent art style which creates an excellent atmosphere. Very Alice in Wonderland.

11. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    If you look in this thread, I think we all have voiced games we like/dislike. Big Fish makes a lot. Grisly Manor, Broken Sword, Salem Witch Trials to name a few. I need to go back and look at my purchases to trigger my memory :)

I'm stuck on the safe and about to fall asleep. What a long day:) time for a nap:)

12. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    I played a lot of those games, but for example Grisly Manor doesn't have what I'm talking about. Also Broken Sword is a great game, but it's just a conversion, and it doesn't have so many brilliant ways to use iDevice's technology (such as: multi-touch screen, microphone, accelerometer, etc.), like 1112.

@scarypharaoh, thank you for this recommendation - I'll take a look :)

13. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I haven't played 1112 enough to know what you're talking about there, but I will say that most of the adventure games I've played do very little to make innovative use of the iPhone hardware. Most are conversions, and even the ones that aren't usually have a traditional look / feel to them. I don't know if people are just afraid to integrate anything new or what, but I think you'll be hard pressed to find the examples you want. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

14. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    In my games I used some of those functions (lockpicking with a screwdriver, watch, hacking the computer, safe, kisses etc.).
    There were such nice interactions in 1112 (myself I love turning off the radio, by shaking iPhone). There are also some great ideas in Hysteria Project 2 (for example curling the sleeve), or in Infernus Verse 2 (opening the door by pushing them with your finger, and crouching).

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    There's no question that The Train strays from the norm when it comes to interaction with "mini-games". I loved how you had to get the binoculars, for instance. I actually don't remember what you're talking about in Hysteria project 2 with the sleeve, though I do remember the sequence where you were hiding in the dresser (and how frustrating it was). In general the two Hysteria Project games are among the most original adventure games that have graced the App Store. I haven't played Infernus Verse 2 yet, because if I remember correctly I didn't like part 1 all that much.

16. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    That's great that you like it :)
    In Hysteria Project 2 it was one of the first "puzzles", after you escaped from the first room, you had to open the door with code on your arm, to see it, you had to move the sleeve.
    I didin't like the first part of Infernus too, but I downloaded the second episode for free, from freegameoftheday.com, and it's much better than the first one.

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I remember what you're talking about now. I play way too many games, and sometimes it's hard for me to remember the details :) I believe I actually got Infernus Verse 2 for free as well, so I guess I'll have to give it a whirl at some point.

18. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    #298 TheMoonwalls, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
    Thank you for this recommendation! It's amazing, stunning game!

I just finished Lite version of dream:scape, I know that it's not classic adventure game, but did anyone play the full version? I'm wondering if entire game is just walking around without any puzzles...

19. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    The Secret of Father Simons is now out on iPhone. Looks interesting but I will wait to see reviews as I have loads of games pending just now

20. GamerAdi

GamerAdi Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010