List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Already deleted haha I don't like how you have to pay for hints. No point in making a game that difficult. :(

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    There seems to be a few good games in the pipeline. Secret of Chateau de Moreau. The Lost City. Dead Escape. Claire Moorcroft and the Lost Castle. And one without a title but a claim to be an epic point and click adventure. And The Train 2. Seems to have been ages in the making but I am not a developer and have no clue where to start so I must show some patience

3. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    I make the whole game (except music and sounds), all by myself :) So it can take pretty long. The hardest and the most time-consuming parts, are:
    1. Graphics, because I draw everything with my bare hands :)
    2. Optimizing the game to work on every iDevice available.

Before making this game, I had many things to improve in The Train episode 01. But it was worth the time - after the biggest update (with in-game menu, options, hint system and others), The Train episode 01 was featured under main games N&N, and under main games "What we're playing" :)

I can assure you that The Train episode 02 is much better, and more polished than the first episode.

Best regards,
    The Moonwalls.

4. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    You are a very talented artist. And not so bad on designing games. I enjoyed The Train and hope that part 2 is bigger and better. It is good that you can develop and improve for future games

5. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Thank you very much for your kind words! :)
    The Train episode 02 is about twice as big as the first episode - more dialogues, more locations, more items, and puzzles.
    There are fewer loading times, and they are shorter. Also I deleted the Virtual Analog Stick, and make full screen backgrounds, optimized for Retina.

My favorite part of the second episode is living world - there is a working watch, you can meet characters in different locations - they are going to the restaurant, or to the bathroom. Some of them are even talking with each other.
    My dream is to hire actors, and make full voices in the third episode :)

Regards,
    The Moonwalls.

6. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Are you already thinking about a third episode then. Or will you wait to see how the second one is received?

7. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    I think that if I started this series, I have to finish it :) But the bigger sales are, the longer and better the third episode will be.

And after the third episode... I will make some other adventure game :)

8. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Cool. You will have to keep us posted. Does the second episode follow on from the first? May have to redid load the first one to refresh my memory if this is the case. Haven't played the improved version so it may just be worth it

9. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    The second episode starts where the first episode ends. There is a "Previously In" scene, so you will know everything you should know from the first episode.
    I made it that way, so even a player who didin't play the first episode can enjoy the second part.

BTW, I don't know if you noticed the description, but in the second episode you will play as the Great Emperor :)

10. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Stop with you teasing now or I will have to hassle you on Facebook again. Might just play the first part anyway just to help me get into your mindset and hopefully help me to solve sons puzzles when it's released

11. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    I'm always glad to help :) You can write anytime, with anything :)

12. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Downloaded and ready to play

13. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I missed quite a bit of discussion while I was out watching Captain America :) Anyway, I've been putting off playing The Train 1 for too long, so that's what I'm going to do tonight.

That Father Simmons one looks interesting as well, except for the whole iPad part. Hopefully there will be an iPhone version.

I was playing Joan Jade for the iPhone last night, which is another typical hidden object / collect items / mini-game type game. I probably could have gotten into it story wise, but in the two main screens I played there was only one hidden object segment and three mini-games. Terrible balance if you ask me. Not to mention the fact that I couldn't play the third mini-game because it wouldn't let me drag the pieces around the screen. That got the big old delete.

14. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    I just want to let you know that all active people from this thread will get a Promo Code for The Train episode 02 :)

15. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    The train looks interesting. I was planning on picking it up but never did.

16. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I played Joan Jade but can't remember much about it(no surprise there) so it can't have been that good.

Very disappointed to here Father Simmons is for iPad. I thought it was iPhone and iPod. Why put it in the upcoming iPod/iPhone when it's not. Oh well I suppose that has saved me a bit of money

Have you tried Ellie yet?

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    That's great but will we be able to leave a review on the App Store because I'm sure I read on one of these forums that if you have promo code then you can't leave a review

18. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Oh gosh, I'm going to have to play the first episode again bc it's been ages. However, now I want to play it on my iPad vs iPhone. After playing all of these new games on my iPad, I can't fathom how I ever used my iPhone to play games. :rolleyes:

Is train 1 on sale? If not I'll try to play iPhone version on iPad. My only rule is that I refuse to double buy games:) I just can't do it lol

Moonwalls , your drawings and graphics are incredible. Very polished! I would rather a dev take his/her time vs rushing and putting out junk. Feel free to use us as guinea pigs lol :p We, at least I, will give you an honest, straight forward feedback. I'm sure the others would as well. Yes, you can leave review w promo code. Look in the promo code forum, devs give codes in exchange for reviews. However, I too, was told the same thing. I will confirm this bc a dev gave me two codes and wants reviews. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the list of upcoming games. I've been waiting on the sequel to Grisly forever (in addition to the new one the same dev is putting out).

Has anyone finished Ellie???

19. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Train 1 won't download on my iPad but says it's comparable w the iPad. Help please Moonwall:(