List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Egypt the Prophecy,to me, was exactly the same as Dracula but just a different storyline. Same with Secret of the Lost Cavern but that just had bug after bug. I enjoyed them all.

This is why it is so difficult to recommend games as everybody has differing tastes and expectations

One of the best games I have ever played was The Amazing Hunt Around the World. It kept me entertained for weeks and I even contacted the developer to see if he was going to do more. He told me that he hadn't had enough interest so didn't plan on adding a new episode. But this is vastly different to the HOG/puzzle games I usually play. Horses for courses!

2. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I played Grisly and LOVED it, enjoyed Dracula but haven't checked out Egypt due to the neg reviews. Never heard of Mishap. Is Nostradamus any good?

3. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Have got it downloaded and ready to play but haven't got around to it yet. Must have been on sale at some stage. Think the first part may still be on sale. What's weird is the first part says it's a three parter but the second part states is just a two parter

4. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I think they said the 2nd part is a two parter bc it's referring to part 3. It should have said "the 2nd of 3 parts" or something similar. Lol yes, the first part is on sale.

5. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Mishap is a Namco game and really quite good, I thought. I haven't played Nostradamus, but find that most Anuman games are really similar and am not a real fan.

6. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    If I had to pick my fav game thus far, it would be Salem Witch Trials. Then again, I'm sure I am forgetting some I played awhile back.

7. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The Anuman games are all basically the same engine, so they will play similar. As long as you can tolerate the mechanics, it's really a matter of whether or not you like the story and how well the game is paced. For Egypt I neither cared for the story nor the pacing. It seemed to take too long to find anything. The biggest problem I have in general with Anuman games is that they are very hard to navigate, because compass directions don't seem to mean a lot in their engine. For Dracula I was able to live with it because I enjoyed the story.

As for Mishap: An Accidental Haunting, that is a great game in my opinion. I love the fact that each chapter ends with a mini-game, but they aren't the typical mini-games that you're used to in HoGs. They actually relate to the ghost you are trying to capture in that chapter. Plus, the voice acting is cheesy but quite amusing at times. I really wish they'd release part 2 on the iPhone.

A couple older HoGs that are good are Rosecliff and Stone Of Destiny. Rosecliff is more for the hardened item seekers, because there isn't a lot of adventure elements to it. However, there are 25 chapters, each with multiple scenes, so there is plenty to keep you busy. Stone Of Destiny was cool because you played through the game twice from two different perspectives (that's kind of a spoiler, but still worth playing). I've finished a number of HoGs on my PC, but Stone Of Destiny was one of the few I have played all the way through on my iPhone.

8. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #228 Teagan, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
    There seems to be a lot of bugs in the Anuman games. Or at least that has been my experience. I agree with the Dracula comment.

What are some other good "older games"? I skip all of the convo parts of a game lol I'm so impatient lol

9. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
  10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
  11. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    #231 TheMoonwalls, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    Hello :)
    I just want to let you know about our discounts:

The Train episode 01 2.99 => 1.99

The Train episode 01 HD 3.99 => 2.99

Best regards,
    The Moonwalls.

12. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    FYI treasure seekers 1 is avail for iPad free. Dracula pt 2 is $.99 along w Nostradamas 2. :)

I finished midnight mysteries devil on the Mississippi. Salem was better bc they are both very similar in game play. I also finished Witches Curse and was not impressed. Very buggy and my helper, tinker bell was quite annoying:) started awakening but there are no instructions and/or goals so it's like playing in the dark guessing at what I am supposed to do. Is anyone playing any good games?

13. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Another one for your list is Ellie....Help me out...Please. It's free but very hard. You have to pay for hints though

The first Treasure Seekers is now free and Awakening Moonfell Wood is on sale for £0.69 both on iPhone

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I assume you mean The Train Episode 01 HD, right? I was excited for a minute when I thought Episode 2 was actually out :)

Added. I actually downloaded that one yesterday, but wasn't feeling productive enough to put it on my list.

15. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Thank you for this question :) I meant The Train episode 01 HD :)

The Train episode 02 will be available next week. The Train episode 02 HD in two weeks.

Best regards,
    The Moonwalls.

16. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Just downloaded Ellie. I wonder why I never heard about this? Hmm I already finished Moonfell Wood (iPad) and enjoyed it. I'm currently playing Awakening which is a buggy mess. The fairy doesn't work, usually takes multiple clicks/tries for the app to respond, overall it has been painful to play due to all the glitches (iPad). I read other reviews w same issues so at least it's not me:)

I'll try and help w Ellie but I'm not great at escape the room apps lol

I got Treasure Seekers but find it VERY boring. Clicking on 1 item to then find a couple items that go with that item slows the game down. I enjoy games w a faster pace and better storyline. Are the other Treasure Seekers similar to this one?

I thought I would try Last King of Africa again since they claim to have fixed bugs but no go. It wouldn't even load on my iPad although it says compatible w iPad. I don't feel like shelling out more money for a game that took the devs a year to fix.

Any other suggestions? Does the UK have the same sales?

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I am saving Moonfell Woods for my holidays so I will see how that goes. I looked at getting Last King of Agrica but the reviews put me off. I notice that there is a second episode out hopefully better than the first one.

I am in the UK so the price drops I mentioned are on the UK app store. Don't know if they are worldwide

18. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Omg Ellie is VERY hard! Her voice irks me so I turned off the volume. All I got was the mirror off and the coin flattened lol I can't get the drawers open but know the code above is related. Don't think I can help, sorry :)

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Ellie just came out, so that's probably why you hadn't heard of it :) I've seen a trailer but haven't had the chance to try it yet. They way you all are talking, it sounds like I need to give it a shot just for the challenge!

I'm sad to hear all the trouble everyone is having with Awakening, because I played the PC version and enjoyed it enough to play it all the way through (which doesn't happen often for me). I hope the sequel fares better, because I just bought that one for my iPod Touch. As for the Treasure Seeker games, it's been a while since I played part one, but the other parts are definitely more interesting. I finished part 2 and am now working on part 3. I would say 2 is the best so far, though I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 3 will surprise me in the end.

20. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I've given up with this one. I like a challenge but this is impossible. Will save it for another day methinks