List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. GamerAdi

GamerAdi Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    1. Broken Sword
    2. 1112 episode 01 and 02
    3. The Train episode 01, and as far as I know, episode 02 in few days

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I haven't delved too much into the iPhone version of Broken Sword yet, but I loved the PocketPC verison. It was the first mobile game I have a 10/10 rating to. From what I can tell, however, the iPhone and PocketPC versions seem quite different. Still, I'm sure the iPhone version is just as good.

I haven't played The Train yet. I really need to get around to that one. As for 1112, was part 2 any better than part 1? I was never a big fan of the first one.

3. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Just finished Cryptic Keep. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The puzzles were the most logical I have cone across. But it was a bit short and the ending was totally out there. Do you think they have set it up for a sequel?

There have been a few more 'Escape Games' but they seem to be releasing a free one then a paid one and then after a few days taking the free one off the app store. Weird

4. GamerAdi

GamerAdi Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    I like 1112, but I think that the second episode is worse than first. The biggest cons is the story - in first episode are many questions - you don't know what's going on, and in the second episode you won't find any answer, just more questions.

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I've talked with the developer of Cryptic Keep, and amazingly enough, the ending was not meant to imply a sequel. I kind of got the impression that at the moment he doesn't plan on doing one. I feel like an idiot, but I can't seem to pass the puzzle where you have to light up the three rings in the king's bedroom. If you can think of a hint you could PM me without necessarily giving me the answer, that would be great. I'm assuming that's the last puzzle I need to pass before I complete the game.

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Maybe one of these days I'll try part one again, but from the sounds of it I don't have much to look forward to with part 2.

7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    That's a shame because it was very enjoyable. Can you give ne a bit more about the rings because I can't remember it. I have had it forca while and dud mist of it ages ago but just got stuck on the last little bit which I finished off today

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    How long ago did you get the game, and did you update recently? Within the last couple of weeks the developer added a whole new section to the game where you actually get to explore the keep in the middle of the square. Did you do the puzzle with the four dragon heads?

9. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #209 Teagan, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
    Played all of the above. I really enjoyed both Broken Swords. I wasn't able to get into The Train Episode. I tried multiple times but it wasn't able to hold my attention. I love the long games with a good storyline, hidden objects and decent mini puzzles that make sense. Some don't give instructions and/or are so out there that people don't stand a chance.

Is cryptic keep worth purchasing or is it very short?

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Btw Antrim Escape 1 is free today:) I already played it on my iPhone but downloaded free for my iPad.

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Yes had the dragon heads but my memory has always been shocking. And seems to be getting worse the older I get. There was one puzzle with three rings on like a candlestick sort of thing. Is that the one?

12. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Just had to play through the game again. If it is the rings beside the bed you are looking for. PM sent. You will kick yourself though. Before you look at it touch everywhere in every room and you will find it

13. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I just played the free version of Twisted Lands and its great. Will I be disappointed if I purchase the full version? What about Mushroom or stroke of midnight?

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Haven't finished Twisted Lands yet, so I can't answer that for you. If by "mushroom" you mean Mushroom Age, then, no, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I thought that game was a lot of fun. Not sure about Stroke Of Midnight either. It doesn't look like they have an iPhone version of that one.

15. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Mushroom Age was good and quite long. It was quite funny too. Must get myself an iPad soon as I feel I'm missing out. Would be quite good for me as I usually take my glasses off to play games on the iPhone so I can see the screen and objects clearly. I have a year left on contract but worry that eventually my iPhone will be out of date and newer games will no longer play on it if I don't upgrade every two years

16. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I installed splashtop on my iPad and it's great! It's a remote desktop that allows me to access anything but most importantly I can browse websites that use flash and play online games or games on my computer. You may want to check it out if you have a lot on your computer.

Yes, the trend does seem to be heading toward the iPad with many of these games. I LOVED the trial of Twisted Lands but am nervous to buy it (not on sale) and have it end soon. I've already wasted a TON of money on full price games for the iPad. I saw somewhere in a forum that if you play older Big Fish games on the iPad the resolution is fine. It's the newer games that make a difference. Anyone know?

I can't wait to get the new midnight mysteries: devil on the Mississippi!!

Ah, yes, I was referring to Mushroom Age. I started playing the trial but deleted bc there was too much talking and it seemed silly. Then again I only gave it about a min.

I saw the Forgotten Places (Circus game) is on sale for $2.99 as of last night. Maybe we should start a thread that lists price drops or sales for these games. I don't want to bother pple by going off topic here but it's nice to have found pple who enjoy the same games:)

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I enjoyed Forgotten Places and would highly recommend getting it if it is on sale. I like a mix when I get a game. A bit of HOG a few puzzles and a good story.

It is good to chat with like minded people about the games I enjoy so I'm glad this thread was started. The reviews on the app store sometimes do not do a game justice but here honesty and maturity are the order of the day and it helps me decide which games to get

18. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Finished Twisted Lands and really enjoyed it. There is an iPhone version:) I played the trial of forgotten places but wasn't very impressed. If it was on sale for $.99 I would def buy it. Any other recommendations? I'm a tad hooked at the moment if you haven't noticed lol

19. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Secret of Grisly Manor is good and I enjoyed Dracula:path of the Dragon and Egypt the Prophecy although the latter did not get good reviews. I also liked Mishap but again this seems to be very hit and miss with reviews

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I enjoyed all of these except Egypt The Prophecy. I tried two different times to get into that one on the PocketPC, and it could never hold my interest. Didn't even bother with the iPhone version.