List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I find Forgotten Places - Lost Circus pretty unplayable on an iPod Touch 3g. Text is so small as to be unreadable, touch focus is off on a few items, and the look is blurry. May be a very different story on an iPad or a Retina Display, though.

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Yea, the wheel is a nice concept in Crystal Portal but way too sensitive to the point of being annoying to use at times. Although a great game to play I found some objects extremely close (if not behind think?) to the other wheels in the same screen while playing which caused them to be open and close continually. If they'd refine them to being more stable I wouldn't mind them as much.

3. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Okay, played the free version of puppet and loved it. I'm also using an iPad so it makes a big difference when finding objects. Played free version of Rome and that was nice for a change. Also played the free version of the circus one you recommended but did not enjoy. Sooo I think I will purchase the puppet show. It gets very pricey when purchasing for the iPad .

As for Doors, don't waste your time. As for Snarks, don't waste your time. The dang game has crashed on me several times, is buggy and extremely boring. The free version is the best part of the game. They drag you in thinking the game will remain interesting but it goes straight down hill. There were many times I had to exit the game and come back bc glitches prevented me from doing something. It has frozen several times etc. What upsets me the most is the money I have spent on games that are unable to be played. Seems that devs are rushing to put things out before working on the bugs.

Is treasure 3 good? I did not enjoy the first one. Hope this helps those that were considering the above games. :)

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Treasure Seekers 3 is good, but I prefer 2. Keep in mind, however, that I have finished 2 and not yet completed 3, so 3 might get better. Still, from my experience to this point I'd recommend 2 over 3. They are both good games, however.

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Have you played both Crystal Portal episodes? I remember having a couple of issues in the first one, but I certainly didn't come off with quite the negative experience you seem to have had. I have not played part 2 yet.

6. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I played them all and loved them. I played them on my iPhone too. Those were actually great games and ones i would reccomend. I just recently got an iPad and thus all of my games are for(and have been played on) my iPhone except for the ones I recently mentioned.

There has only been one game where I was completely stuck and unable to find any online help. That would be King of Africa. Lol I got fed up and deleted it.

7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #187 Teagan, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
    I wish it was Xmas time so there would be mass sales. Go figure that the one time I want to load up on a ton of games is during summer:) no wonder when Xmas rolls around there is nothing I want bc I have already purchased everything lol yes, I lack patience :rolleyes:

Btw should the Jolly Gang be included on the list?

8. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    The Jolly Gang game is an odd one. Mostly HdO, a few puzzles, but with a strange cartoon/stick figure (arms at least) look to some of it. I'm still on the fence about it. I think I'll finish it, but don't know right now.

9. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Honestly, I can't recall which it was but I do remember the annoyance of it. Don't take this as a complete negative on the whole game because I really enjoyed everything else about it. Aside from this I consider it one of my better experiences on playing an adventure game.:)(both games in fact)

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I have a question. When I search for an app on my iPhone in the app store, it only shows me apps/games for the iPhone. When I search for an app/game on my iPad, it shows me both. However, when I just now searched for Puppetshow on my iPhone it came up as $2.99. When I searched for it on my iPad, it only showed me the HD version for $6.99. However it says "compatible with iPad". One would think it would show me both versions no?

Also, I have appshopper on both devices. The problem is that bc I set it up on my iPad, when I open it on my iPhone, it only shows me apps/games compatible with the iPad. I probably make no sense but hopefully someone will understand enough to explain. :(

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I primarily use iTunes (for better or for worse), but that has quite a few problems with searching, so I wouldn't expect the on-device App Stores to be any different.

I added Jolly Gang (both iPhone and iPad). I thought I had actually done that yesterday, but I guess I most have gotten distracted.

12. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Playing Amazon now AGAIN lol I had it on my iPhone but never got into it bc it's difficult to find tiny objects on a small screen. I'm disappointed that they didn't make the iPad version a full screen but rather small with a border. I started last night and am just about done. They don't include any instructions for the mini games. I've guessed on the majority of them and used hints to skip others.

I still have my wish list but at around $8-$9 per game, I think I will try using some patience :rolleyes:

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I guess that's one thing that makes me glad I don't have an iPad yet. I spend enough money as it is on my iPod Touch :)

14. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Oh once you get an iPad, you are doomed lol I'm officially addicted. Goodbye laptops, hello ipad. I bought an iMac desktop for my main computer and stashed away the laptops lol I should be looking for an iPad anonymous group right about now. I can't imagine my life without it haha

I got the 64gb 3G model but have yet to use 3G bc there is usually wifi wherever I am. I canceled my 3G plan. I figure, I always have my iPhone so unless I'm traveling, there is no need for 3G.

15. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Do you have Salem Witch Trials on the list? The sequel Midnight Mysteries:Devil on the Mississippi came out today. :)

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Both have been added.

17. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Prison Break? I think it's an escape the room game.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Added it. Interestingly enough, they have a game called iPrison Break that came out last year which is essentially the same thing. This one looks a little nicer, though.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Just added a new game to the list called Raving Factory. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I've played the predecessor, Raving Manor. Manor was a cool adventure game / comic book hybrid. This one looks to be more of a straight adventure game, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be interesting none the less. Of course you can check it on the list, but here's the iTunes link anyway: Raving Factory

20. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    For the 2nd time, I got stuck in Salem Witch Trials. The first time I started over but wasn't happy about it. This time there is no chance that I will start over AGAIN bc it's not worth it. The game is amazing, I've really enjoyed it minus the bugs. They came out w a sequel the other day which you added. I'm not taking a chance on that until I know it's bug free.

I also finished the full version of the Void. In addition I played Amerzone....I was in shock when it ended. It was shorter than a trial version.I forced myself to play after several prior attempts that just about put me to sleep. I wouldn't recommend this if it was free. There are more parts that are sold separately but again, unless free, I wouldn't consider.

Anyone play anything good lately? I have a wish list going in my appshopper app:) I'm still waiting for the sequel to Grisly and the new game the dev is putting out. Any news re:dates?