Universal Lionheart: Dark Moon (by Emerald City Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KevinECG, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Bluntmaster

Bluntmaster Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    This game seems hard on the whales. I legit think coin purchases are way more worth it than keys.

2. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    This game has a lot of potential to be great as others have stated. However, I have not been able to collect my daily rewards for the past 2 days. I tap them and nothing happens. Nothing arrives in my inbox either. Makes me very hesitant to actually spend money on the game if other basic functions are not working. I have also noticed that everything is an absolute gold-sink. The grind is extremely heavy and everything costs a ton of gold. The summon chances seem very bad so far but I am still pretty new to the game. Most gacha games have horrible rates anyways...

As for the gameplay, I love how the auto-play feature isn't very useful unless you have cleared a stage before. The difficulty requires you to take control. I don't like auto-play features except when you must grind certain levels repeatedly. This is a perfect in-between for me. However, the difficulty ramps up surprisingly fast and you will find yourself grinding levels repeatedly very early on in the game. Everything about the f2p and monetization systems feels excessively aggressive. I'm afraid that many players won't feel like making purchases is worth it. I would suggest including a monthly package for purchase to receive premium currency at a discount for logging in everyday. The energy system is also atrocious. I can't believe how quickly it runs out in this game.

I know this was all over the place but that's my two cents on the game. Hopefully the developers continue to listen to the community here. Good points have been made.

3. KevinECG

KevinECG Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Appreciate the feedback on the game. As mentioned, we are working on the some ideas towards changing the energy system.

I assume by daily reward you meant the login reward that works towards earning a hero? Just one note, you don't actually have to click on the daily reward to collect. It will add automatically. We haven't seen it not adding automatically here but let us know if you believe that to be the case.

We will continue to listen so feel free to post more feedback or to send us an email at [email protected].

Thanks.

4. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    @Kevin

I just started playing and it won't let me progress the "defeat Red Bandit" quest on Skein. I've replayed those 3 levels multiple times and fought the little red chucks but the quest will still show 0/3. Not sure if it's a bug or not. Yes I have force restarted but I've used all my energy up 2x now(you've already addressed the energy issue) trying to finish that quest. Can you let me know if I'm missing something?

5. Kiddy

Kiddy New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I have the same issue. I also have daily defeating gaea's but no idea where to find them. Maybe when you press go to show where to find them...

6. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    That's not my issue. I know where to find them but it doesn't count toward actually finishing the quest

7. KevinECG

Nov 12, 2013
    There are a few quests that have a bug in them.

These two have been fixed for the next update:
    - Bandit hunt
    - Revisit Caerholme.

We continue to work on this one:
    - Arena ranking still needs to be fixed.

If anyone notices any others, don't be shy about letting us know and we will make sure to get them fixed right away.

8. Opticon

Opticon Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Kevin, et al,

Overall I enjoy the game, aside from the energy system and insane gold requirements, however I can't seem to get passed one major issue -- what happened to the previous Lionheart game that someone linked before.

How can you assure players of your new game that the same won't happen? Not only does that thread clearly show that for a couple of years updates were continually promised but never delivered, it shows the game was actually removed from the App Store for lack of updates while you never admit the game development effectively stopped, stringing players along for many months instead of being direct and honest. As it stands now, I unfortunately have no reason to believe the same won't happen to this game.

I would love to make this my new game, but there are so many instances of shady tactics from the previous game that I find it difficult to actually commit full time to this one. What can you say about this?

9. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Gold is a severe bottleneck.

10. Opticon

Opticon Member

Oct 17, 2017

Many people, and rightfully so, comment on the horrid energy system. Once you play for a couple of days however, it's clear that gold is the real problem. A really, really bad one. Energy means nothing when you can't afford to upgrade anything.

11. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I honestly don't think even 2x gold would be enough. I can't afford to spend 300 gold, let alone 3000, upgrading a common to play test it. So I have huuundreds of tokens I'm not using for characters I'll never get a chance to play. Skill gems? I've got 70 elemental along with dozens of others I can't use.

Just let me trade all this shit in for gold. I'm not using it anyway.

12. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    #72 Artfoundry, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    I was a big fan of the first Lionheart, so I was excited to see a second one. And now I'm not. The first one, despite its problems/bugs, was a lot of fun and involved some great strategy gameplay. With this one, it's like the developers tossed out all the game designers, took an overly worn out and simplified game mechanic, created some decent art and storyline for it, and slapped the Lionheart name on it. I see really no similarities with the original game, but what's worse, this is just a boring tap fest (and even that's optional since you can turn on auto combat - I think any title with auto anything is not a real game) with what I call 'crack factors' - addictive mechanics designed to keep you playing but that offer no actual depth to the game. So disappointing. Wish I could play the original, but it doesn't even work anymore nor is it on the App Store

13. bludex

bludex New Member

Oct 17, 2017
    #73 bludex, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  14. KevinECG

Nov 12, 2013
    Feedback noted. Thanks. Not sure about a trading system but guilds should have something for you along these lines...

15. bludex

bludex New Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Great game

Looking forward to upcoming updates

16. KevinECG

Nov 12, 2013
  17. KevinECG

Nov 12, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback. Just out of curiosity, how far are you into the game?

18. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013

19. EyeContact

EyeContact New Member

Oct 17, 2017
  20. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Yes I believe so but the price goes up depending on how many tokens you already have and that's a very rare character so super hard to get.