Universal Lion Pig (by Selosoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 15, 2014.

1. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    The Emerald Highlands looks awesome! Fast, fast, and difficult.

2. Stingman

Stingman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Originally, no I wasn't thinking of Wizard of Oz when I made the levels, however after I finished the first one I definitely noticed the similarity. So I changed more elements to kind of resemble it. It kind of evolved into something similar. I guess I should have added a hidden scarecrow and tin man :)

3. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    The latest update to Lion Pig which includes the Emerald Highlands level pack is now available. Apple just approved it so it should be in the app store now or very soon. Enjoy!

4. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #84 paulkane, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Woohoo!

5. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #85 paulkane, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    Golded the Emerald Highlands! The bonus level was super tricky with all the invisible bouncing going on. There's room for improvement if I can single jump my way through most of it, but I'm happy with just making a gold...whew! I love the way the emerald coins were implemented. Will level 8 only unlock once you've found all the greenies or can players play some levels and not others based on which green coins they've found? Congratulations again on an awesome game. One of my favorite games of the year!

6. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Hey Paulkane,

Yes world 8 will only unlock if you've found all the emerald coins. I realize that most people will never play it because of this but I like hidden secrets in games. I didn't create Lion Pig as a "hold your hand as I guide you through the game" kinda game. Still I think you can agree it truly isn't that hard to unlock the emerald highlands. As long as you enjoy the game you'll find the coins :)

Glad you enjoy the new stuff! I appreciate your support as always.

7. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Holiday Special : Free this weekend only!

To get in the holiday spirit I made Lion Pig FREE this weekend only. It will be raising in price come Monday up to $2.99 from it's debut price of $1.99. Since launch I've added lots of new features including 2 level packs so if you want to grab it for... well... nothing... now is the only time it will be free, at least in the foreseeable future. No Ads, No IAP, just the full game. My gift to the iOS gamers out there. If you enjoy the game, a nice review on the app store is always appreciated. Enjoy!

8. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

#88 UnhappyUnlucky, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    I'm glad I got it for free in time. The game would be worth paying when it hit $2.99. I was alerted from my wish list! :D

9. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Lion Pig is 100% free

Lion Pig is now completely free to play. This does not mean I made it freemium. No, not at all. I dropped the price from $2.99 to $0.00 and it will forever remain free! No Ads, no in app purchases. Totally free.

Why did I decide to do this? Well first off, the game does not sell very well, in fact hardly at all. I'd rather have people play it than it just be fun for a few people. The app store is an interesting market and although I did put a bit of love into this title I don't regret making the game just because it didn't sell. Lion Pig is a fun, charming platformer and the majority of people who play it really do enjoy the game. Just read through the forums here :)

Anyways, thanks for your support and enjoy the game! The app stores should update within the next few hours. It's available for free on all platforms : iOS, Mac, Google Play, Amazon.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Would have been good to help out the dev though

The more sales this game gets, the more chances of a sequel. Second it's free everyone seems to want it !

11. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Sorry to hear the news. I loved Lion Pig. It's a great speed run/platformer and made my top 10 from 2014. I hope your next game (if there is one?) is more successful.

12. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Thanks Paulkane. It's a little disappointing however I hope that more people will give Lion Pig a shot. By no means am I done making games. Just because this particular game was not a financial success does not mean I'm going to quit developing games :) I have other titles that actually sell very well and/or generate significant ad revenue so I'm using this revenue stream to develop a game that is something I've always wanted to make. I'm extremely excited to be working on my next project, which is going to be my biggest yet.

And who knows, maybe I'll make a few more lion pig levels one day. Love my little lion pig haha

13. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Good to hear. Me too! <Roar-snort>

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Saw this here, went over to see if it was in the Google Store, and BAM! There it is! Yes!! Grabbed that one!
    Thanks!! Don't understand why this isn't more popular! Maybe it's just exposure.