Universal Lion Pig (by Selosoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 15, 2014.

1. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #61 paulkane, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Woohoo!! More LP love on the way...

The foreshadowing of 7.5 has me a little nervous. I did check the leaderboards to look at level length and 7.1 does look the longest, but then again I still remember 6.5 which was long AND difficult.

Edit: Found the final green coin! Also golded 7.5, whew that was a twitch fest! Onto 7.6...

Is there a level 7 green coin?

2. Stingman

Stingman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area

Hey Paulkane,

No there isn't a world 7 green coin. However if you've collected all 6 you'll be good to go for when those are required. Next level pack will be released in December.

Grats on 7.5 :)

3. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Okay, cool. Is the next level themed? Exploding Christmas trees?! The 6 coins are required for...is that a secret?

4. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Indeed the next level pack is themed. That's all I'm gonna say for now.

Except no haha no exploding christmas trees :)

The 6 coins will be required for something yes. It just didn't make it to the initial release. It will be in the next level pack in December... and yes I like secrets.

5. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Awesome! I like secrets too. Woohoo...now, to finally gold 7.6.

6. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Version 1.1.1

Update version 1.1.1 of Lion Pig will be finished up today and submitted to the App Store. Includes some refinements on the secondary control scheme (d-pad) for both land and water. It's much smoother. Since halloween has passed the game is going back to the classic lion pig sunset look. Halloween levels will stay unlocked though of course. Also Lion Pig now transitions to his wall climb much faster and smoother and there are loads of other enhancements and some bug fixes.

7. Rocka

Rocka Member

Oct 18, 2014
    trying the game i found myself enjoying the first world, just had a couple of min cause i was getting late for work so i closed the app. imagine my surprise when i get home later that afternoon and found that the game didn't save my progress at all!
    just did the same thing to test if it was a one time bug or anything but the game isn't saving, every time i close the app it resets completely.

I'm on an iphone 4, running ios 7 btw

8. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Hi Rocka,

This is the first I've heard of any problems regarding saving data. Very odd indeed. I have tested the game on an ipad3,air,iphone 4,4s,5,6 and it works and saves as it should on all of my devices. However, please send me an email to [email protected] and I can assist you further. I will respond much faster via email as I don't log into the forums on TA every day. Thanks for the post. Talk soon.

9. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Holiday Sale

Lion Pig is on sale for the Holidays. $0.99 for a limited time!

10. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'm finally picking this up, I guess being as its a buck I can't pass it up, plus reading all the rave reviews here and on the AppStore speaks volumes!

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Same here. I forgot all about this game and it popped up on my wish list. Like you said, I can't pass it up for a buck!

12. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    impressions

Hey guys, glad a couple more of you will check out Lion Pig :) I would love to know your thoughts. Nearly everything anyone has suggested I have put into the game, including a very detailed 2nd control option (the d-pad) with full customization. The latest update included a control selection screen upon first starting the game.

Due to the fact that I decided to create a spin-off (Lion Pig : Frozen Run... should be releasing any day now if approved by Apple) I have held off on the second expansion for the game. However now that Lion Pig : Frozen Run is complete I am going to get back to Lion Pig. So I will soon begin work on the next level pack and I'm gonna introduce a new mechanic in the next level pack. More details on that to come, but if anyone has suggestions for further improvements I am all ears and I will take it into account when working on the next level pack.

13. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    @Stingman: What's the difference between LP and LP Frozen run? If Frozen run is better and has more content then I'll just get that one instead.

14. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Hey dnk,

LP is a platformer. The game is level based and includes tons of different mechanics as you open new levels and there are lots of different environments, challenges etc.

LP : Frozen Run is an endless runner. It's an entirely different game. It will be free to play and is a fun game in its own right. The reason I made it was to increase publicity for Lion Pig as free games can generate lots of downloads. Lion Pig is a premium game and was designed to be so. So I figure if I made a spin-off that's free to play it might help introduce more people to the new franchise. I had a blast making both games but hopefully this helps clarify things. Again though, entirely different games and mechanics. LP is a game like mario, except you can climb, wall jump and have a bit more control over what you want to do. Frozen Run is more like geometry dash, only endless. It also gets extremely difficult because there is no speed cap. You will earn coins that you can use to upgrade your score multiplier and there are medals you can earn if you score enough points. It's a little different in graphics as well.

Anyhow, LP is $0.99 for a limited time. It will go back up to $1.99 so if you wanna grab it now I feel a buck is well worth the 5 months it took me to develop the game :) I do plan to update and support the game as it's a labor of love for me. Thanks for your question, hope this helps!

15. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'll say this; I've played LP off and on all evening and it's a really fun game. Really kicking myself for not supporting this cool, dedicated dev in the beginning.

16. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    New Levels coming soon!

So for those of you that may have stumbled upon some emerald coins you've probably wondered what they are for. Well, there was and is a plan for them! A new unlockable level pack will be coming soon! I have 1 more level to design and I'll be submitting to the App Store soon (within a week I assume based on testing).

The new level pack is called The Emerald Highlands. And like all other parts of the game, there is a unique feature in this expansion. There are these special emeralds and when you collide with them you get a surge of speed! Lion Pig becomes super fast for a brief period of time. It's like a temporary powerup. These levels are really fun to play. I'm enjoying the mechanic a lot and I hope you guys do too. So start searching for those emerald coins if you have not already. I will be posting a video sometime next week showcasing some of the new stuff.

Also, Lion Pig : Frozen Run (a free to play runner spinoff) is still waiting for review from Apple. No telling how much longer it may be. Review times can be super long sometimes.

17. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Wow, that sounds great! Can't wait to put my emerald coins to action!

18. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    I just finished up the final level tonight and made edits to the menu. I'll be testing this weekend and plan to submit the update early next week so hopefully you won't have to wait long! :)

In the meantime check out Lion Pig : Frozen Run. It was just approved by Apple. It's free to play. It is not live on the App Store yet but here's the link. It should b available soon:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lion-pig-frozen-run/id939483519?ls=1&mt=8

19. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Emerald Highlands available soon!

The latest update should be available soon! It's currently waiting for review from Apple. This update includes the new level pack: The Emerald Highlands! In order to play the latest level pack you need to collect all six of the hidden emerald coins. There is one scattered in each of the first 6 worlds (no coins in the Halloween World).

I added a unique twist to the The Emerald Highlands. There are Emerald Powerups scattered throughout the levels. If you collide with one you get a temporary burst of speed that you must use to complete sections of the levels. For those of you that really like the speed running aspect of it then these levels will really test your skills. Enjoy the video and stay posted!

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Fantastic news! Were you thinking of the wizard of oz when you made the new levels? It looks like emerald city with the cowardly lion.