Universal Lion Pig (by Selosoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 15, 2014.

1. iFritoMaster

iFritoMaster Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Janitor
    Chicago, MURICA
    #41 iFritoMaster, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    Ok I tried like 100 times. I can get 6 but when you gotta run after blocks explode it hits 7. On the second mushroom you jump and grab 4th coin then 3rd then 5 right?

I am just like .3 of a second away.

2. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I think the second difference on 1.1 might be due to making the tightest turns possible after just grazing the coins? If it is timing on the turns, my reflexes just aren't fast enough...

3. iFritoMaster

iFritoMaster Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Janitor
    Chicago, MURICA
    Second my nose taps it I move. I seriously can't get any faster haha.

4. Stingman

Stingman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Ign mention

Looks like IGN digs the majestic lion pig as well! :)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/20/app-store-update-october-20-2

"Lion Pig fuses the king of the jungle and the world's source of breakfast bacon into a single beast for the ultimately old-school platforming adventure."

Thanks to Lucas for the shout out and video share. Stoked to see what you all think of the Halloween update too. Waiting for review from Apple

5. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #45 paulkane, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    Congratulations!

I was replaying a bunch of levels this morning, kinda searching for the missing greenies, but really trying to get better times. Those water levels (2.1-2.6) and pesky jellyfish are hard to shave seconds off! A few levels boggle me how people are getting their times (5.5, I'm looking at you!) I can not wait for the Halloween update. I've played a few other new games this week, but Lion Pig has been the one for me. It's got my GoTW vote, hands down.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week nominee...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lion Pig was nominated for voting in Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week to occur over the next three days. Participants may vote for their favorite release from the week of October 16. Developers may not vote for their own game, voters must be pre-existing Touch Arcade members.

Vote here --> http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3379106

7. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    This is what I wrote in the GoTW thread after voting for Lion Pig:

"I voted for Lion Pig. It's a great platformer that has consumed me for the entire week. Apart from not finding the last two Green Coins (yet), I have finally finished an iOS game from beginning to end! I have loved replaying each level trying to shave seconds off leaderboard times (1.1 and Andy's 6 second master feat!) and can not wait for the Halloween update..."

If anyone is on the fence, I feel Lion Pig is well worth $2. It's a super fun platformer with loads of charm and replayability. While I understand being hesitant to buy a game, begging for promo codes is frowned upon in the TA forums, FYI.

8. iFritoMaster

iFritoMaster Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Janitor
    Chicago, MURICA
    I second this. At 2$ its well worth the price. Now back to trying to achieve the "Andy Master Feat." One day! *shakes fist.*

9. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #49 paulkane, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    It's cool. I just wanted to give you a heads up on it. Yeah, another vote for LP!

Lion Pig is currently in a three way Tie for GoTW with Helix and Sentinels Of The Universe at 6 votes a piece. Impressive, considering that Helix garnered 3X the nominations.

Roar-snort!!

10. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Thanks for your support Paulkane. Love your feedback as always! :)

As far as the Promo Code goes:

I gave out promo codes during the launch at random. Unless you are part of press no one gets a copy of the game for free directly. The reason being is it really isn't fair for others if I just started handing them out to whom I please or to whoever asks for one.

And to those who voted for Lion Pig for GOTW : thank you. And those that haven't and do enjoy Lion Pig: if you do vote just know I appreciate your support.

11. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    #51 Stingman, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    Halloween is out!

Hey all,

Apple just approved the Halloween Update for Lion Pig. It is now available on the App Store. Some of the big features include 6 new levels (5 core and 1 bonus), which are among the most challenging to date. There is also a secondary control option ( a fully customizable D-Pad) with an action button. And some other fun stuff including a halloween costume for lion pig and some new music. Let me know what you think of the new content! I hope you like it, especially his halloween costume haha. You do not need to have completed the game to play the new halloween levels, so enjoy!

If you missed it before, here is the halloween trailer again:

12. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Lion Pig placed third in the GoTW poll.

I finally found the 5th greenie today. Getting to it was tricky, so kudos to the clever design/mechanic implementation.

Anxiously awaiting the update...

13. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #53 paulkane, Oct 26, 2014
    Seconds after I saw your post, my Appshopper alert for Lion Pig came in. Updating now. Can't wait to play!

Edit: I love the classic video game reference on the first level. So fun and funny!

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Can anyone comment on the responsiveness of the new controls?

15. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Yes I'd like to know what others think as well. But to let you know how they work it's very very simple CygnetSeven. If you go to the options menu on the main menu and check the box that says "D-Pad" controls it will use the D-Pad control scheme. Simply left/right arrows and the right side of the screen acts as the "Action" button, eliminating the swipe mechanics. To wall jump or drop from a ceiling all you do is tap the right side of the screen. The D-Pad itself is fully customizable. By pausing the game during gameplay you can adjust the position of the d-Pad to be wherever you like as long as it's on left side of the screen. I did set boundaries for it so you can't drag it off screen. Also by dragging 2 fingers up and down the screen you can adjust the size of the d-Pad making it as small or large as you prefer. Then simply hit the "controls" button to save. There are instructions on the pause menu on how to do this as well. I really tried to make it as perfect as I possibly could.

If anyone has feedback on the d-pad controls I'd love to hear too :)

16. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I think we are all quite aware of your shortness of cash.

17. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #57 paulkane, Oct 26, 2014
    7.1 is long and those tricky pumpkins! It took me quite awhile to get a gold.

I forgot about the new d-pad option...I will check it out tomorrow.

18. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Indeed, the halloween levels are a little longer than the main game. The speed run element is still there though, just gives you even less room for mistakes if you want to earn a gold. For people that say you wanted a challenge... well here ya go! The new content is meant to be a little more challenging. Every level has a unique element to it, so let me know what you think of the others too. I hope you don't wanna scream at me when you get to level 7.5 haha... you'll see :)

19. iFritoMaster

iFritoMaster Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Janitor
    Chicago, MURICA
    Don't post a picture. You like it better if you wait hehe. As for the new controls. I like em. They work well. Though the old controls are fine too. I can't decide which I like better if that says anything.

20. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ok, ok. I admit when this game first released I kind of skimmed the description and moved on. Now though, reading every word of this thread, I've seen some trusted TAers literally raving about Lion Pig! I've seen the error in my ways and am downloading as I type :D