Universal Lineage 2: Revolution (By Netmarble Games Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Hitmantb, its not because something actually makes a bunch of money and that all the more casual gamers out there like something thaf I have to go and like it myself.

First of all : tastes are subjective, secondly, I am not a sheep, i'll keep my freedom of speech and allow myself to like what I want, if the fact a game makes money is what you need to enjoy it, good for you.

2. Darkfyra

Darkfyra Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Not a sheep,also don’t insult FF Tactics and my ports,also seriously atleast those are fun,yes FUN!!!Automated mobile games are boring and need no brain.Also western gamers do like mmos and action rpgs,ask grinding gear game,blizzard,zenimax,digital extreme and Crate.If you don’t know it’s Path of Exile,Diablo/WoW,ESO,Warframe and Grim Dawn,most of them are popular,also I don’t give a shit about popularity,I care about quality.I would rather play an unpopular great and fun game with a nice story and great characters than a boring grindfest fully automated and brainless that nickel and dime you constantly,will wait for TL release instead,atleast that one look great.Play what you enjoy not what everyone say you should like,for freemium I’ll rather play Like a Boss,Bladebound and Alchemist Code than a braindead clicker.

3. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    20 year old ports are just lazy pathetic developers trying to scrape a bit more money from nostalgia. The actual successful mobile FF games are all freemium. The only successful tactical RPG on mobile is Fire Emblem and once again, built for mobile.

The MMO / Hack and Slash games you listed are all PC games, it takes a completely different experience to be successful in mobile and Western gamers in general don't play this type of games enough for them to make real money here.

4. hitmantb

Nov 15, 2011
    #44 hitmantb, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    On the contrary, the type of games TA likes are the indie / niche / casual games.

http://www.pocketgamer.biz/news/66871/mobile-games-market-september-2017/

Successful mobile games are all freemium, hardcore and best in genre. People spend way more hours per player on them than any of them than the games TA likes, only then they can consistently spend money on them.

You don't need to like a genre to recognize greatness. I personally find this year's Mario and Zelda very boring compared to say, PUBG or even some of the top mobile games listed above (every single one of them made more money than Mario Zelda this year, even old games like Clash of Clans, that is how insanely hard it is to compete at that level), doesn't mean I can't acknowledge they are best in their genre and understand if they win GOTY.

5. Darkfyra

Jan 14, 2017
    Since when is Dust,Bastion and both Banner Saga crappy ports?!?They are not even retro titles!I refuse to believe that there exist a place when quality is not wanted,because mobile games are automated,pay2win piece of crap and that’s what those ports are not,they have the gamer first mentality and were actually made in a time where games were made in passion or quality indies.Mobile games don’t have any passion into them,no care,just soulless cash grab.

6. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015

Again, I give no f***s about what is successful or not, I decide what I buy and play, and ill continue buying and playing what I want.

7. Darkfyra

Jan 14, 2017
    Understand that people have their own tastes and stop trying to change them,popularity does not mean quality and I will always seek quality in everything even games,if it mean I fall with the industry so be it,I will continue to play games I enjoy and have fun with.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    We’ve gone way off topic here, folks. Let’s keep the conversation on the game itself, not on the concept of auto-questing. And if you’ve decided to avoid the game entirely, you may want to step away from this thread as well.

9. batmessiah

batmessiah Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    R&D Lab Technician
    Thanks for reigning it in.

I, for one, really enjoy this game. I haven’t spent any money on it, but have been playing it nonstop. These kind of games are made for people like me. I work full time, and am a full time dad too. I tell people these games are like role playing equivalents of games like “Football Manager”. You manage the character, you perform all the upgrading, the crafting, etc. and then the character goes off into the world and quests for you, while still requiring interaction every couple of minutes.

It’s great at work, as a lab tech, as I can setup an expirement, play the game for a sec, and then let my character quest for a few minutes while I do a bit more work. It’s also great to play while taking care of my daughter, yet the game is still progressing.

It might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but for those of us with less free time, they are great.

10. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #50 Lunacy182, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Wow these forums have gone down hill. I remember when off topic comments would have been policed up pretty fast. Now nothing.
    Oh wow. And now no one can see my posts. These forums really have gone to hell. That’s sad.

11. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I would just like to mention that you can turn off auto questing and play the game manually. If you want to press a button for each attack the option is there. It's like world of Warcraft suddenly introducing (just hypothetically) some feature where your hero can auto cycle through skill rotations when doing quests and grinding mobs. I would totally use it. I'm just mashing that one main attack skill otherwise. Also, I dunno about the iOS version but android version supports Bluetooth controller functions so you can play this with a controller if wished.

I'm currently just letting my character auto farm in an elite dungeon with others to grind out some gear for forging. If you want to do this automatically or manually, you have the option to do either. It's beautiful.

12. Darkfyra

Jan 14, 2017
    Gave it a second chance with another approach to autoplay and the game,choosing when I use it or refuse to....and it was far less boring than I first though done like that,oh and realize that mmos tend to start rather meh at the beginning to get better over time so it could get more challenging later on,also I may have seen a glimpse of a better game under it and I want to dig a little deeper to see the full potential of this game and where it’s soul truly reside.

13. Kwadius

Kwadius Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Is Like a boss any good? I really like the other 2.

14. Darkfyra

Jan 14, 2017
    Like a boss is more of a game where you simply fight as a boss but it’s not as great as the other two,it don’t have much else of what I’ve seen so far.

15. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Trying to play this on an iPhone 6... it does not run well, in fact it is a good job it is auto play as it would be unplayable otherwise. Really showing the age of the hardware here. As for the auto play, you know what, I’m on the fence, thought I’d hate it, don’t really.

16. hitmantb

Nov 15, 2011
    #56 hitmantb, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Anyways, this is easily the best MMO/hack-and-slash I have ever played on mobile. I have played previous top grossing games from Korea like Raven, HIT, or Western games like Arcane Legend, Dungeon Hunter, Order and Chaos etc and couldn't quite get into them.

1) Graphics and production value = AAA on mobile
    2) The MMO-style walking around, even when on auto-play adds a lot to the atmosphere. Previous games usually just involves click next stage to load the next area
    3) Like most Asian freemium games, it showers you with rewards and you feel like you are making progress every time you log-in
    4) The auto-play in a MMO-style game is TRULY BRILLIANT, it dramatically reduced the grind/chore of this type of games. Even World of Warcraft is too grindy/hardcore in 2017 for most players, and this is someone who played it from 2004-2011.

Anyone ran into a pay wall yet? Or something that requires manual control to beat?

Wow, just noticed Netmarbles paid a ton of big streamers to stream this game on Twitch, this is what a 9 figures game can do. It would be incredible if this turns out to be a successful marketing strategy and push this game into top 20 grossing in US, something MMO/hack-and-slash never accomplished.

17. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Streaming on twitch ?

So basically.... youre watching a player watching his character play on its own ?

Gameception ?

18. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I am Lvl 31 atm. You can definitely let the game play on its own but you can also push harder manually like kiting a boss until your potion cooldown runs out or to auto regenerate your health. I've killed some bosses way above my level this way. Can't do this with auto battle activated since your character wont back off if he is low on health.
    I have to admit that I have rerolled until I got a rare dagger though. Makes it much easier.

It is an okay game and is still far better than any hub based with 1 minute dungeons korean rpg.

I still miss the first year of Order And Chaos Online. That was the only mobile MMO which was worth it to call it an true mobile mmorpg experience...

19. Lonegunman

Lonegunman Active Member

Dec 19, 2015
  20. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Go for the highest grade possible being S of course, also look at trying to get the matching name gear as well to get them bonus. Remember if you want to level up your gear but keep the same name you need to use the stones (cant remember the name sorry) to keep the same name otherwise when you upgrade you may up with a different name gear.