Universal Lineage 2: Revolution (By Netmarble Games Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Nov 15, 2017.

1. TaiwanTeddy

TaiwanTeddy Member

Mar 27, 2009
    YouTube deceived me.

I watched YouTube and expected the game to be fully auto, but instead, it’s ONLY semi auto. It’s so tedious that I now have to click between each quest. They should give us an option to purchase clear tickets to just auto finish each quest chapters.

2. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Thank you for posting this. I'm not gonna even download.

3. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Is there a way to turn off auto-questing? The game looks great but I have no interest in watching a computer play a game.

4. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Yes you can, in settings.

Nonetheless.... knowing the cpu can do it on its own without ever dying... kind of removes the thrill.

Played about 2 hours and im completely bored with it already.

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    For me knowing the computer can do it completely removes the thrill. Either the game plays automatically or you play on auto-pilot. Neither sounds thrilling in any way.

6. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Thanks for the heads up, saved me a download and wasted time!

7. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Played the PH release for a few months and although it was ok at first, that didn't last. The game might look good but it plays itself. Very boring and repetitive auto-play game. Shame as it could have been good, but it definitely isn't.

8. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    I really wanted to like this game.... but I just cant.... it just feels like a clicker... when it should be an MMORPG, cant bring myself to like a game that plays itself, no matter how pretty.

9. RedDeluxe

RedDeluxe Active Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Westcoast
    Sums up my my playthrough after 10 minutes. I was hoping it wouldn't be an auto-completer like every other MMO out there... But it is. It's not different than games like Crusader of Light.

Maybe I'm too Western? I don't know, but I can't get into these at all.

10. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Wow. How is it even possible that Lineage comes out like this? I have not played it and won't download it based on what is said here. I have better ways to waste my time.
    I was hoping for a Guild Wars kind of game...

11. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Me too, but its not #

And I cant believe the outstanding reviews this is getting on the app store.... proves how people just look at graphics and nothing else nowadays...

12. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Avoid, actually chuckled when I saw that it puts you on rails as soon as you start with auto quest and auto movement. I just zips you around more or less completing quests for you lol. I mean sure, you can probably turn that off, but the fact that it can be this mindless without your input...just a shame. Uninstalled after 15 minutes

13. Daerricx

Daerricx Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Auto questing

The auto questing can be disabled once you are a bit in, like around level 9 or 10. The autoqueting is the default till you get to the first dungeon then after that you can toggle it on or off and do what you like.

14. batmessiah

batmessiah Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    R&D Lab Technician
    It’s not a clicker...

I’m enjoying it a lot. It’s got auto play, but you still have to manage your gear and upgrades. It also has a lot more to it once you hit level 20 and higher.

15. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    You have to manage your upgrades in a clicker too.... lol.

Only part that looks like it isnt a clicker is PVP, it replaces the clicker elements with a wallet competition....

I deleted the game this morning and I wont look back...

16. RazvanClau

RazvanClau Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The saddest thing about this game is the technology behind it. Technically, it is very well built. Everything makes sense. As a tech demo it would make perfect sense. Complex RPGs can be played on mobile (see Baldurs Gate and KOTOR). Yes, the controls can be finicky on a touch-screen but there are many 3rd person games that get this right.

Yet, why do that? This is a money grab. People pay for feeling powerful.

The games that are selling, really selling on IOS are not the games with impressive visuals and gameplay. They are the games where you upgrade your base again and again and again and you pay $50 to get revenge on some jerk who invaded your base. You have on one side games like BattleVoid or Infinite Tanks that can hardly make 10.000 sales (I don't know, just guessing) and on the other hand, the newest "strategy game" has a $4.000.000/week revenue stream as it is P2W.

This is where games are heading at least on mobile. Getting ahead through skill is not a good way to get paid. You must create artificial restrictions that require you to pay real money to overcome and since most people are actually very bored and have disposable income, it makes a lot of sense to buy a piece of virtual armor for $40 in a game that plays by itself.

But can you blame the developer? Launch a good game, a full sized game that actually requires some brain power to play and you'll barely make enough sales to cover development costs. You have Prison Architect, you have Rome Total War, do you see them in a top 10? Or you can launch another Crash of Clans clone and earn millions within one year. The truth is that if you want to play games, go where people actually pay for games, on the PC or consoles. On mobile, people don't pay for games, they pay for feel good simulators in which they can achieve a feeling of accomplishment by doing as little as possible.

17. Dreadtle

Dreadtle Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Hmm

I think I'll stick to Dragon Project... That game has held my attention for a long time. I love the simplified and streamlined Monster Hunter formula. Plus, I get to play it... not the AI.

18. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Auto-play makes sense when something is this busy, and the computer can easily predict the desired outcome. I do not personally get off on pointing at little monsters and mashing the attack key.

Seems to me the game is not about the combat, or pathfinding, or gearing, or any of the tedious make-work. It's the meta-game on top: you manage where to go, what to do, who to group with, stuff like that. Be a boss and not a grunt.

I'm going to give it a chance. It's really burning up my battery, of course ...

Anyone play Crusaders of Light? This seems to be very very similar (though I think Lineage came first)

19. vid_icarus

vid_icarus Member
    Patreon Gold

May 11, 2014
    A lot of people hating on this game’s auto functionality are going to feel silly when 50v50 battles get added. That being said, it blows my mind that they are advertising this on the App Store as having gigantic multiplayer battles when they aren’t even in the game yet. There are massive raids and a lot of players can show up for world boss and stuff but the big real-time pvp is getting added later.. and i don’t think they’ve given a timeframe. :(

For my part, I’m actually really enjoying this game. I like that i can just have it running on my old phone (just upgraded to the X) and while i go about my day, I’m making progress. I just need to periodically check in to manage things. This is what i enjoyed about Tiny Rails. And when i have 5 minutes to spare i can enter a pretty challenging dungeon or fight and take control of the game for a bit to do some dungeon crawling.

I can understand this kind of gameplay not being everyone’s cup of tea, but personally i am really enjoying the laidback gameplay interspersed with bits of actions. I also dig the social features and cannot wait to dive headfirst into 3v3 and 50v50 warfare.

20. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    #40 hitmantb, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    People on TA are so out of touch with mobile gaming industry. This is one of world's top 10 grossing mobile games, the only MMO / hack and slash at this tier. It is laughable to compare the so called premium games against something that grossed $176 million dollars in the first first month of its existence. Do people even have any idea how difficult it is for a developer to compete at this level?

The auto play feature is precisely what makes this game great. I put in thousands of hours in World of Warcraft, I never enjoyed the kill X wolves type of quests and I certainly don't enjoy doing it on my phone.

Korean MMOs have all shifted to auto play to make leveling/grinding much more mobile friendly and relaxing. You can do it on the bus, on the train, even when you are walking on the street. Marvel Future Fight got good reviews from TA TA and it has just that.

Once you are hooked, difficulty goes up, manual control will be needed for harder contents unless you are a whale. It is a great way to reduce the chore of this type of games.

Do you really want to do MMO style leveling on a phone manually? Successful mobile games extract the best of traditional games, discard the chore. The so called full flavored games like XCOM, GTA, Final Fantasy premium all all catastrophic commercial failures on mobile because they do not have what the majority of mobile gamers want in 2017.

Now granted, MMO on mobile is not a great fit for Western market. They just don't do well on top grossing charts here. Be happy an AAA mobile game from Asian market made global launch. Most developers don't bother because Western world prefer base builders and puzzlers. Very hard for MMO / hack and slash to do well here so people can't recognize a when a best in genre title.

Mobile gaming industry is now 40 billion a year and bigger than console/PC. All the AAA mobile titles are freemium. People who still blame freemium practices in 2017 need to look no further than TA's cry for help on patron.