iPad Line Rider final verdict?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nickels, Nov 4, 2008.

1. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    I already searched and read some random posts here about this game. Since it has been out for a while I was wondering A) Is it worth getting and B) Does anyone still play it, or is it one of those apps you forget about after a few days?

I messed around with the free web app and it seems pretty addictive and fun. Any feedback on this game is appreciated.

2. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Line Rider

played with it for a couple of days, downloaded a few other tracks, and forgot all about it until i saw your post. Some people get really into this app as you'll see if you download some of their tracks, but for me, it was fun for a few days...

3. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I played it on Windows Mobile and I liked it. However, like nickels I wonder how the iPhone / iPod Touch implementation is.

I'm guessing that it's less precise than on Windows Mobile because there you could use a stylus instead of having to work with a finger.

Also, does the iPod Touch / iPhone version include 'puzzles' in which you have to build a track, collect orange lines and stop on a finish line? This entertained me on Windows Mobile for quite some time, and would add a lot of value to the iPhone / iPod Touch version.

@nickels - thanks for starting this topic. :)

4. kwigbo

kwigbo Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Flex/iPhone developer
    I find it a bit hard to draw but still fun. One of those thing I just pick up and mess with every now and then. Worth the three bucks if you like that kind of game.

5. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I personally never got into it, but I know lots of people have.
    maybe I'm just not good at it.
    I tried,and quickly lost interest in the web version, but I still splurged on the iphone version with the same results.

6. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    well, lets just say I have around 20 tracks and am making one now and that my friend keeps on trying to steal my iTouch just to play it

7. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    If you tried the web version and liked it, than you will like this. It isn't a game at all really, but more of a sandbox toy. I have loved it from day one, and still pick up and doodle some tracks. But I can see how it gets old for some people.

I would say get it.

8. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i bought it, haven't played with it since

9. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    I am building a mega-track.. takes about 20 minutes to complete right now. Usually, I'll work on it like once a week. It's a fun game. :)

10. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    The free web version is really fun - I guess it's time to "splurge" and pay for another app...

Thanks for the info!