LimeWire officially shut down

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by StarCraftIsGreat, Oct 27, 2010.

1. danrel

danrel Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Software dealings-with-er, Illustrator
    Central NC
    #61 danrel, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    I have talked to them about piracy and most of them don't really care because THEY, this is fact now, make MORE money from concert sales and, wait for it.... MERCHANDISING!

I love how you seem to imply that my friends bands are pet projects or 'hobbies'.

Annuals haven't been out for many years( I believe around 5 years total) and they have had multiple tours all over the US and Europe, have three full-lengths out, a couple EP's, a ton of videos and a concert film on iTunes... That's not a hobby sir. Not to mention all of the side projects that they have been involved in, in between touring and such.

See for yourself: http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/annuals/id89746851

At any rate, this discussion has become so damn convoluted it's just become a pissing match for the last word at this point.

So I will now gracefully bow out of this conversation...

Take care,

- danrel

2. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Something about danrel's posts makes me want to punch him the face. Maybe it's how he ends them? Maybe it's how he ignores half the other person's post? :confused: who knows?

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Having jumped into this conversation with this last couple pages, I am inclined to agree with this post. With music (espcially metal music) Album sales are not where it is at. It's about shows and people wanting to buy your merch products. Having only been in a couple semi successful bands (Meaning we put out albums and sell them at local stores but never on iTunes or anything like that) we netted more cash from shows than we have from album sales. I can't chip in with this much though like I said, as we were all never serious enough to get on iTunes or anything like that. I would much rather be happier with someone wanting to listen to my shit then bitch about money.

But I guess it's a lot different people who rely on income from just making music alone. I dunno.

4. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Who actually pays for the songs?

5. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    #65 StarCraftIsGreat, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    ^I do. Actually I don't, but I do buy albums and records.

I guess I do technically, but I think buying one song is stupid.

6. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Depends on how rare it is.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    No doubt there are a few bands who rely on income from their album sales alone, but someone needs to slap them upside the head and tell them they're doing it wrong.

8. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    I'm assuming you can back this arrogant statement up with some facts?