Lima Sky bringing down the hammer.. [update: Lima Sky responds, withdraws the notice]

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by robotsvswizards.com, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Musclegiant

Musclegiant Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    I disagree. As it has been echoed many times the ONLY reason that Lima Sky pulled out so to speak is to save face. I do not buy for one second they simply did it because they felt pressured by someone else. If that was truly the case even with the negative feedback from TA and some other sites they would of continued pursuing their interests. Fact is they think these Doodle games are riding off their success, but they really stole a lot of thunder from popular jumping games before them like Papi Jump who is the original. Igor either is playing dumb in this situation or the guy really is not all that intelligent if he can't make some sound judgments without having to listen to every little thing his vulture of a lawyer is telling him. $$$$ is all this guys sees, he forgot where he came from and that is from the bottom as a no name Indy dev.

2. robotsvswizards.com

robotsvswizards.com Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Game Development, Music
    CA, USA
    #242 robotsvswizards.com, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011

I agree that some of the responses are WAY out of line.

However, This issue really is not resolved at all.
    In fact nothing has changed

I very vague statement was released to the public.
    It made no mention of what exactly will be retracted.
    I dont think any of us have actually gotten word that the dogs are being called off.

The leaked court document's statement was also false and actual threats to apple were made telling them the NEED to remove apps immediately.

As of right now I am still on day 4 of my 5 day notice from apple.
    THe one stating if i dont remove the app within 5 days they will.

I also don't believe the whole "Its not my fault, the law required me to take a dump on everyone" statement.

3. robotsvswizards.com

robotsvswizards.com Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Game Development, Music
    CA, USA
    I stand corrected, Thank you
    We have been contacted and It would appear all is well.

4. commish

commish Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Generally speaking, it's true that, if a trademark owner does not protect its marks, it can lose them.

5. iPhoneGlobs

iPhoneGlobs Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Software Developer
    I did hear back from Igor this morning and he really seems genuine about retracting the notice and is sorry for any confusion. I believe him. However it was left somewhat open ended and I still expect to be contacted again for further discussion.

6. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

:) I think it's time to find a new story to read now guys. For me this is somehow solved, it's not a upcoming iphone "gem" any more.

Gud bye this topic and have a nice weekend everyone! :D:D

7. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    You guys who accept his half baked explanation are total idiots. I despair for the world sometimes.

8. skidbubble

skidbubble Active Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Doodle-gate 2011

Too late. Damage is done. I have zero patience and a zero tolerance policy for these types of d-bag tactics. I have deleted D**dle Jump post haste so it no longer pollutes my iPhone. I get a slight distaste in my mouth when several well-liked and well-respected forum members actually stick up for and defend this scum bag, but to each his own.

9. Rumblepak

Rumblepak Active Member

Feb 24, 2010
    I agree, this is bullshit what Lima Sky has been sneaking around with.
    I feel sad for the developers who got these nasty emails by reading there stories. It's Igor who has contacted the devs not a lawyer. I lost my respect for them.

10. llbros545

llbros545 Active Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Its funny to see people who do not understand the true complexities of the trademark law badmouthing Igor. More so, before he has even told us his side of the story. Even if he's truly the party in the wrong, I personally feel that there is nothing wrong with forgiving him. I mean, everyone makes mistakes and perhaps, he understand the law only as well as we do.

11. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    He did not make a "mistake". He let himself become big headed and started to bully other devs. Igor is not a moron and I am sure he knew exactly what he was doing. You can forgive them, but I am glad I never bought the DJ and will not buy their future games, if they make any.