Universal Lili - (by BitMonster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Tropxe

Tropxe Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    England
    @defred34: I take it you've haven't played a Zelda game, at least post-SNES? They do the same there. It's not that rare to do that, or to have a general non-speech noise to set the tone of the speech without actually having dialogue spoken. Games like Baldur's Gate also do it. I prefer it to a lot of actual voice acting since the standard is horribly low in video games, particularly in JRPGs.

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    This only needs some bug fixing and a better UI to be perfect. And better VO, I mean, the quality of the VO doesn't match the music quality, the same goes with some sounds, so there's a lot of noise if you use headphones.

3. Creamer2010

Creamer2010 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Poland
    Hey guys,do you have a plan to added support Ipod Touch 4g?

4. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I doubt it...

Apparently we don't matter to this game company unless we shell out a ton of money for the new iPod touch 5. :(

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Found a flower we cant take, its on the plaza on the second city, right to the carnival construct... No matter what, I cant pick it up

Also, for those wondering how long it is, doing all side quests now before returning to the trainer for the second time, im about two hours in.. And looks like there is MUCH more to do (special keys,...)

What an awesome game folks

6. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    No, I haven't played any of those games, so this is the first time I'm coming across such a style. Anyway, thanks for letting me know this is pretty much a standard thing to do.

7. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I just noticed it says that iPod Touch Generation 4 isn't supported YET on the app page now so maybe they are planning on fixing it for us iPod touch 4th gen peeps after all. :eek:

I really hope this is true cause I'm dying to play this game. :)

8. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Is this better than Horn?

9. Tropxe

Tropxe Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    England
    It's not really an RPG. GTA:SA is more of an RPG, seriously. But in terms of it being a 3D game where you walk around a non-linear world, then it definitely has a far better control scheme and isn't frustrating to navigate like Horn.

Just be prepared for sub-20 framerates, lots of sloppiness like graphical glitches, items you can't pick up, Lili hovering above the ground, her shadow disappearing when she picks a flower and random crashes. It's a nice, casual and light game, with the best 3D control scheme on iOS, but it frankly doesn't feel 100% finished. It was probably rushed out a bit to coincide with the new iPhone. Nothing a few patches won't sort out, I'm sure.

10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #150 TheFrost, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    Tropxe, GTA: SA has more RPG elements than this? Please explain

11. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Ok, I spent a little more time with the game just now, and my impressions are that the game is good. Definitely bits of exploring. I am at awe with the game's graphics. The non-combat combat system is, well, not too bad I think. Maybe fun even.

All in all, hardcore gamers may or may not like it. But for children, especially those between 7-13, this game would be perfect I think.

Oh my, I don't know if it is intentional or what, but I laughed pretty loud when I read 'deflower' in the game. Thank god kids don't know what that means.

Two questions:

1) How long is the game supposed to last?
    2) Go into the red hut (where the trainer is). Look to your left or right...and you will see the exact blue lamps as in Horn. I am pretty sure both Horn and Lili were produced at the same time with some shared in put, so things like cloud, palm trees and the blue lamp all are present in both games.

12. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    To be honest I don't like the side quests. They are extremely boring .

13. iosgamer4s

iosgamer4s Active Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Horn excels at cutscenes, while Lili is graphically more polished.

Overall, Horn seems to have a bit more depth, leans more on the "boy" hack/slash genre. Lili is clearly aimed to appeal to both genders (although I'm not sure how appealing picking flowers is to boys).

I have both games and finished with Horn. It is riddled with bugs (getting stuck at random walls, losing progress, etc). It was supposed to be fixed in the recent update. Check the Horn thread for details.

I would have to say that Lili's controls feels slightly less clunky than Horn.

14. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Not even close. It is a nice relaxing game though with great graphics . Horn, even with all its faults, is an amazing game , IMO .

15. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #155 TheFrost, Sep 21, 2012
    Horn = HacknSlash, IB style
    Lili = Exploration + a unique and good combat system

And yes, way better, if you like Zelda of course

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I'd say Horn is better than Lili. Both are really cool and outstanding, but I prefer Horn.

17. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Horn's cutscenes are really good....but the cutscenes come aplenty at the start and they dry up by the time you hit the end of the first world. I'm finishing the second world and I can;t remember the last time I came across a cutscene.

Horn does have a lot of depth, but once I got to the second world, I was disinterested. Basically doing the same old things again and again. Now I'm practically forcing myself to get the sixth seed in the second level.

One hing for sure is that Horn should have adopted a less clunky control scheme if it wanted to go with tap to go. It could've done with the style of Heroes Call, which has dynamic touch response, or Lili which is actually a better solution but the first of its kind I believe.

Anyways, I still think Lili is aimed towards the kiddos - between 7 and 13 years of age.

18. Lance_TA

Lance_TA Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    29 years old and like this game, also like horn too :cool:

who´s better? they are Different

19. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #159 Platyrrhine, Sep 21, 2012
    On my 4s, some of the Spirits later in the game are exceedingly difficult to defeat because of the fps dropping so low. It's pretty frustrating.

20. iosgamer4s

iosgamer4s Active Member

Aug 19, 2012
    IAPs are definitely getting out of hand. Earning flowers/coins is getting ridiculously difficult due to their scarcity. This translates not having enough money to purchase bombs in order to stun spirits. Moving between splitwood and serfside in order to regenerate pot of coins and flowers is as redundant as Horn's crawl, tap, crawl, tap.

I think I will just collect enough coins/flowers to purchase the bombs in order to defeat the last spirit in split wood. Then I am deleting this game out of my iPhone/iPad.

Devs, enough is enough with the IAPs. You should at least reserve having to purchase IAP until much later in the game.