Universal Lili - (by BitMonster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Well I'm sorry for the iPod touch owners who bought it unaware

2. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Aah well that really sucks. I'll be sure not rush out and buy one of their games again anytime soon. :mad:

3. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    At least it can't be any worse than those that bought TWEWY thinking it was compatible with 4G. That's a lot of money wasted in the world of Apps.

4. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    #124 zergslayer69, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    I'm glad they finally released a new iPod touch so we can cut down a few of the "will it run on my old device" posts. Although to be honest the graphics don't look THAT good to not work on the iPod 4g

Edit: was thinking I was posting in a different game. This game DOES look awesome. Runs great on the iPad 3. Not sure if it's pure retina though, could be like galaxy on fire 2 hd with the midway res.

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It's away for apple to force people to buy the new iPod touch.

6. iosgamer4s

iosgamer4s Active Member

Aug 19, 2012
    #126 iosgamer4s, Sep 20, 2012
    Just installed the game--

Lili looks like a geeky Lara Croft-

Great visuals!

'not a fan of balloons for dialog, though.

7. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    First impressions : the control method is great , better than Horn . The graphics are jaw-dropping , another unbelievable game for my ipad2 , never thought that this little device could achieve so much . With the recent games the UE3 is really shining on IOS , i really can't wait to see what the Christmas period will bring .:)

8. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Reminds me a bit of two awesome games: Kameo (XBOX 360) and Beyond Good and Evil (PS2/XBOX).

Very whimsical. As a fan of whimsy I'm definitely a fan of the presentation.

Lets get one thing out of the way first: HORN needs to appropriate then implement the control method that Lili has right away. It's so damn intuitive.

Anyway, the gameplay is nothing pioneering, but the game still exudes polish and fun. I say BUY IT!

9. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Apart from the UI (menus, speech bubbles, etc) which are probably the most bland I have ever seen in a video game. The UI looks like something a programmer would throw together as a placeholder before the actual graphics have been put in place. The game itself looks fantastic though.

10. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I really had no problem with Horn's control but this is so much more fluid .

11. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco

Know what? I agree on the menus. Oh, well.

12. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Just want to praise this game again. While the dialogue-bubbles might not be to everyones taste, I like the simplicity. But what matters most is I had several laughs reading them. Such a charming adventure. Damn I think I am in love. Jade meets Lara meets Link. And on iOS? Never thought that would happen. Awesome. :D

13. iosgamer4s

iosgamer4s Active Member

Aug 19, 2012
    If there is a way to input your own texts in those dialog balloons, then we're in business.

14. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    Just found the Megaman reference in the Bell Ringer's house - that's awesome.

This is an insanely good game, guys! I can't stop playing it.

15. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    How long is it?

16. Tropxe

Tropxe Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    England
    #136 Tropxe, Sep 20, 2012
    I'm enjoying it so far. The RPG elements are incredibly light, I mean you level up at preset points, not from XP, and there are only three stats and no skills or anything (though there are three item types which essentially constitute skills). It's okay, though; the game seems more focused on sightseeing and story.

My one actual complaint is that there are lots of graphical issues in the game, as well as a generally terrible framerate. Items as large as tables or piles of crates will disappear right in front of you if you turn the camera to a certain angle in certain places (e.g. In the closest building to you after you meet the mayor).

I've seen Lili's shadow disappearing, frequent item pop-up, and just got hit by a guard through the wall of a building into its interior - and because I hadn't gone through the door, nothing inside actually loaded, so I was basically stuck in a weird black void. The SFX also randomly stop working until you restart the game.

Attached Files:

17. Lance_TA

Lance_TA Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Going to pick this up, comments plus vidz equals Buy :cool:

18. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Just got it, and the controls are fantastic. Do you guys Horn should have implemented this kind of controls? So much less clunky.

Graphics are brilliant. But I'm actually here to ask one question: Are the dialogues supposed to be accompanied with voice? It seems odd the mouths are moving but I don't hear any voice coming out.

Thanks!

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No sir, they're not. It may be odd, but it's a blessing...if there were full voicework, the file size would probably double, if not triple. :p

20. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Ah thanks...I thought there was a problem with my iPad 2. Anyway, why do they say things like Hi, Hello and laugh? Might as well have gone zero or full, not something like this. Just my $0.02.