Universal Lili - (by BitMonster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I know this wasn't specifically aimed at me, but one more message on this topic in this thread, and then I'll let other people get on with enjoying themselves.

I am well aware of how dated an iTouch 4G is; I did not expect Lili to work on an iTouch 4G at all; I do not expect the developers to put any resources into getting it to work on an iTouch 4G. (Though if they do want to, I'll cheer their effort just as much as anyone if they can swing it.) I just wanted to see if the game would be playable given I do not demand all games work at 60 FPS with every last effect cranked up to the maximum and I like to do my bit, even a tiny, tiny bit, to reward people who make cool stuff like this. I don't want to give people free money - I wouldn't buy this stuff if I didn't think I'd be able to play it properly at some point. But if stuff works, even cut down (like Horn, say) I'll happily give it a shot on weaker hardware before I get something better.

Sorry to rant. Just the last brain-dead troll who attacked me for this stuff over TWEWY really got to me, so I thought it was worth repeating. I do not want tiny studios to have to put in extra work for people like me who can't afford current-gen hardware right now if they're working on something that was always going to struggle on such devices no matter what. I sincerely hope the people who can play this right now really like it and fingers crossed I'll get to see it for myself by the end of the year.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Don't know why I feel the need to keep commenting on this given that the issue doesn't affect me. But you should expect it to work on a iPod Touch 4G if the requirements say it should (and there's nothing in the app description warning you, although, to me that's not good enough to prevent downloads).

Why should gamers pay for something that says it'll work on your device when it doesn't?

3. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    any plans on game center support coming to this?
    with something that has been featured I would have thought that is a basic,
    but maybe i'm wrong.

achievements are a good measure on how much of the game has been done for completionist sake.

4. Bluez

Bluez Well-Known Member

Game Center will be coming...but don't worry for completionist there are plenty of stat tracking built in...

LILI has a journal that track quests, characters you meet, items you collected, treasure chests opened and what was inside them, her current stats and upgrades, and many other aspects of the game.

5. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    How does this compare to horn ? It has the same control mechanics, touch to move, which didn't bother me at all in horn and it also looks gorgeous . Is the gameplay satisfying , cause it doesn't really sound like it is . I am also a bit cautious due to its small size, is there variety in the game ?

6. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    That's perhaps fair enough, but it does say 'ipod 4G ' in the list of suitable devices. Perhaps it's my fault for believing that.

And personally I'm getting tired and fed up of hardware constantly becoming out of date before its really even got started. I think it's making the iPhone/iPod an almost ephemeral item that has no lasting value, which is a great shame.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Alright, guess I'll wait until my iPhone 5 is here before grabbing this one then.

8. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I have been looking at most of the reviews on various app stores and some one based in america claimed that they already beat 'most of the game'.

Is it that short?

9. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Well on the bright side, even though you have to flip through devices pretty often, they hold their value fairly well

10. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    Not complaining but if it says it runs on the Itouch 4g than it should. Otherwise it looks completely awesome.

11. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    So let me get this straight... this beautiful game runs in Retina resolution on the iPad 3? Seriously? :eek:

Totally smashing that buy button all the way through the earth right up the nuts of a kangaroo in Australia if that is a yes! :D

12. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Bought... 4€ it better be good and long, but it seems that way, its downloading now so impressions soon

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    It is retina for iPad 3, it says so on the app description :)

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    No, it's not your fault. You should be able to believe that. Guess that's one good thing about living in the U.S. -- we have built-in device "beta testers" that get the game first on the other side of the world.

15. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    As far as hardware goes, 2 years pretty much is the time it takes for something to go from the cradle to the grave so to speak. Just take a look at graphics cards and how long it takes for them to get a better newer replacement. But yeah, it definitely hurts the wallet.

16. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    So uh, this game doesn't work for the iPod Touch 4G yet it has it listed on the compatibility list? So, do I just hold onto my money then? 0_0

17. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    #97 Prhaber, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    Glad to be of assistance! The AppStore - bringing the world together in peace & harmony...

I've actually emailed the devs about this problem - I'll wait and see what the reply is, but I don't think I'll be playing this game anytime soon. Which is a shame, as it looks great.

Anyway, I'll leave my grumbles at that now. I hope all you newer iPhone/iPad owners enjoy the game and appreciate what lucky people you are!

18. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Yeah I agree. Disappointed this was featured but doesn't even include achievements and gamecenter :(

19. EnlightenedOne1

Dec 27, 2008
    It's out now in the U.S. store! Saw it on the featured page of the App Store on my iPad. Downloading now...

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wait the combat is about picking flowers and it doesn't work on touch well here's another "hey if you get the new touch you can play it" after they said requirements was a touch 4g. The touch now is a bunch of home brew bullshit with maybe 1 or2 good games out every other month. The new street fighter is different name same volt graphics. Geez here's hoping the rest of the games "might" work on touch.