Universal Lili - (by BitMonster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I say again, as far as I can tell, it does not work at all on an 8 GB iTouch 4G. Crashes at the developers' logo every time. And it's exactly the same after that update.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Tried it on iOS 6? Did the usual restarts/etc?

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Compatible with iPod? Awesome! :D

4. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Whooah there - read the above posts! Just downloading the update for it now but so far it's crashed for me on startup on a 32gb iPod touch 4G. Fingers crossed the update will help this but I'm not holding my breath. I think I've just wasted £2.99 unfortunately.

5. EightRooks

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Restarts, yes, but admittedly iOS 6 not yet. I don't want to upgrade until everyone else has found out all the games that don't work properly! :p Eh, perhaps I should just bite the bullet anyway, whether or not upgrading makes this one go.

6. Drizzt79

Drizzt79 Member

Sep 19, 2012
    How about iPhone 4? Has anyone confirmed whether it works on that?

7. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    iPhone 4 is still a top quality phone, if it doesn't work on that I will be VERY surprised indeed.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yeah, that extra ram over the iPod touch really helps. I suspect it'll be a while before we see a phasing out of the iPhone 4, unlike the touch, unfortunately.

9. Bluez

Bluez Well-Known Member

iPhone 4 is supported , also anyone getting an new iPod touch or iPhone 5 will be happy Lili is ready to run in 16:9 it looks amazing in widescreen.

We will look into the problems iPod touch 4G user may experience on older devices.

10. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    Just played this for thirty minutes (when I should have been working) - it's really well done. I'm having some trouble with the tap to walk thing (I keep overshooting where I'm moving to and I have trouble interacting with stuff sometimes) but aside from that I have no complaints whatsoever. This is a really well done game with a killer style. Amazing job, Bitmonster!

11. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Bought and tried. The first opening crashed on me. I restarted my phone and it's working fine now.

Loading times are much longer than on an iPad3

12. EightRooks

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    No worries. Again, I wasn't expecting it to work on such limited hardware - but I'm planning on getting another iOS device some time sooner rather than later, and was happy to throw some change at anyone who created something this gorgeous if I get to play it in the end. :)

And if you do actually get it working on an iTouch, hey, that's a bonus.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    For all those iPod Touch 4G owners, I have a feeling this is another one of those ridiculous uses of the "front-facing camera" to eliminate certain devices. Unfortunately, the 4G does have a front-facing camera, but wouldn't be surprised if the devs never play tested on it.

I've said this in other threads but Apple really needs to give devs the ability to directly say what devices a game will and won't work on in the Requirements section. To my knowledge, devs can only set those requirements based on iOS version and the hardware in each device.

Anyway, I'm on a 3GS so I'm out regardless. I just think Apple needs to get a tighter grip on requirements to really run a game.

14. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I know what you mean, but surely the iPod 4G is still very much the current generation of iPod and not an 'older device', even if the iPod Touch 5G is on the horizon. I'm not holding my breath but it would be great if you could get it working on iPod touch 4G

15. Bluez

Bluez Well-Known Member

Initial load on iPhone 4 is slightly longer than any subsequent loads as its caching shaders.

This is saved locally and loads much quicker next time you run the app.

16. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    What a special game this is. The visuals are jaw dropping, characters are full of personality, and it's a blast to play! I can't seem to put this game down :eek:

17. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Wow a game that gets the developers excited..Well I have an eye for this since it was announced...SOLD!!!:)

18. EightRooks

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Eh... just as long as it doesn't lead to the godawful hairball Google Play turns into sometimes, with developers uploading apps billed as working when they don't, or pulling them from devices when they do in fact function perfectly well. Again, I will not buy anything from Cave ever again until they sort out their Android releases - "Your device is incompatible with this version": the hell it is, I'm running it right now - and EA Mobile can also die in a fire for refusing to fix a single one of their games for my resolution despite advertising them all for download. In a perfect world every game would be available for every related device and it'd be up to the user if they wanted to try it on anything below the recommended requirements.

Anyway, ranting, off topic, so I'll stop. :eek:

19. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    In all honesty the iPod 4g is rather dated. As it stands it's like 2 or 3 generations behind. On par with iPhone 4 or weaker. That's kind of cutting it close. To expect things to just work especially the newest games, is a bit unrealistic.

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That may be true, but still think it's Apple and/or the dev's responsibility to set the bar for each app. If it says it'll run on a iPod 4G then it should run on a 4G.

I'm on a 3GS which is even further behind, but most of the games that say it works on, it still works on it just fine. The new Rayman game is gorgeous and runs like butter.