Universal Lil' Pirates - by Capcom & IUGO

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 3, 2010.

1. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Ya the customization element of LP is something we wanted to really build out a lot more than any other mobile social game out there. The fact that you can customize your ship AND your avatar is cool. We also took the time to knock out hundreds of items to deck out your world with at launch. This ensures that your world can absolutely be totally different than everyone else's.

2. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

3. dailygeek

dailygeek New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I'm a little mad, I've just had the game say it needs to reload my ship as something has gone wrong.

It knocked me back two levels, undone all of my progress (about four hours of play!) and I've lost the whole 30 dubloons I'd purchased for £2.99.

Can a dev drop me a message to sort this out please? My email is seanjudge(A)gmail.com

4. ilStugots

ilStugots Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    What exactly are the benefits of adding friends as opposed to computer crew? Can you customize friends name and appearance? Also, it says that they can plunder your buried treasure?

Seems like more hassle than positives.

5. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

We're on this and it should be rectified shortly. Sorry for your troubles!

6. dailygeek

dailygeek New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Do I need to do anything, I've stopped playing for fear of making it worse!

7. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Adding real friends allows you to:

* send and receive gifts
    * share extra treasure
    * give your friends a bonus when you level up
    * visit your friends ships (and earn a bit of coin and XP to help them out)
    * steal their treasure

Now the stealing treasure feature has some rules behind it. Your friends cannot steal all of your treasure. I believe the very most you'd see gone would be 1 or 2 items a day. Also, they don't leave you with nothing. The stolen item is replaced with another random object that could be worth less or MORE than your original item. So you could potentially be thanking them for stealing your booty! In the end Treasure Island is a fun twist on the crop growing mechanic with a friendly adversarial slant to it.

8. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

The feeling on our end is that the data has been backed up and it will update at some point...it may take a couple of hours though.

Keep playing, have fun and thanks for your patience as we work out the launch kinks that are tricky with social mobile games!

9. Zghying

Zghying Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Is there another basic quest after the "Upgrade Your Account quest"?

I didnt really want to have to do that, but if I must, I must. If there isnt a basic quest after that I'll just never finish that one.

Anyone...Anyone.....bueller?

10. ilStugots

May 27, 2009
    Same exact thing just happened to me. I got reverted back a couple hours of progress. No biggie since I'm still on a small ship, but it seems like a bad bug.

If it helps, it happened when I was trying to go to the Treasure Island. It told me I had no internet connection and took me back to the map screen. Then I tried going to the Treasure Island again and it said that it needed to resolve my ship because something had gone wrong. It then crashed the game and when I reloaded, I was reverted back a couple hours.

11. Sparton

Sparton Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Game Designer (IUGO Mobile Entertainment)
    The Great White North (Canada)
    #91 Sparton, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
    It terms of crew members, it's just the aesthetics of using their name and/or profile picture (if they're Facebook crew) and/or appearance (if they're Player crew).

Just remember that if they're Player crew, they will always look like the Cap'n that character is based on (your friend's character), so you can't customize him further (but he'll always look as intense as your friend has made him).

Right now... no.

But you get a nice reward (and it's the only way you can play the game on a new device, if you ever swap).

Yeah, our apologies for that.

No worries though, our programmers are on it, and they should be able to get everyone back to where they were before they lost progress.

12. HakkaFighter

HakkaFighter Member

Oct 31, 2010
    I feel for you guys, the reload bug happened to me too, luckily I did t lose to much. Good to know that you guys are looking into the bug as it is very much appreciated thanks bud.

I'm also on the boat with a messaging system be added, more interactivity between the cap'ns is always welcome.

Maybe also a sword fighting type minigame, IE ship to ship/land attacks. Or even multiplayer combat of sorts. Just random thoughts I'm throwing out there, as for now still enjoying the experience, decking out my ship/crew and increasing the legion of pirates in the guild.

So as said before, go ahead and feel free to add me, it's always welcomed. [email protected]

13. Korad

Korad New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Same bug, i've lost some friends gift and benefit (olso 1 doblon... Argh!). After this i've tryed continue playing but i've got same bug other 2 times -.-' .............

Damn, the game is really cool... but this bug is terrible :(

I'm sure they will correct it ^^

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    I typically don't like these types of games, but this one is a lot of fun!! A few things I would like to see added to the game... More items to customize my ship/crew. More mini games. My #1 complaint is that there is no "back" button in some of the menus! For example, when I'm customizing my ship, I pick the item I want and it takes me to my ship screen so that I can see what the item would look like installed. If I decide not to purchase said item, there is no button to take me back to the store inventory (unless I'm completely missing something) It's nothing major, just a little annoying! Anyway, thanks for a great app! I can't wait to see where this one goes in future updates.

15. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions! We are committed in upcoming months to giving you more items for both your ship and avatar as well as more job maps to unlock. The back button is a great idea and I totally agree. So glad you're enjoying the game!

16. Slothy

Slothy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    I'm having trouble on treasure island as well. The game froze up and just got stuck on a loading screen that said 'updating' when I tried to dig up treasure.

I closed the game and went back, and it was still stuck. I reinstalled the app and that fixed the problem, but it's acting up here and there again. Oh well, I know it will get fixed in an update :). Still an awesome game.

17. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

These are some server growing pains we're working through as I type. It will get rectified and you won't have to update for that. :)

18. ilStugots

May 27, 2009
    My game mysteriously just corrected itself. I had the rollback problem mentioned above and now I'm back to where I was. lol.

19. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Count me in too. It's stuck on updating then it says sync error. I'm gonna hard reboot if that doesn't work i'll just wait for a fix.

20. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

We're upgrading the server for the incoming flood of users so hang tight dudes! It will remedy itself soon.