Universal Lil' Pirates - by Capcom & IUGO

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 3, 2010.

1. TaiwanTeddy

TaiwanTeddy Member

Mar 27, 2009
  2. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    I am absolutely loving this game, I find it way more addicting than any of the farming games and I love the pirate theme and amount of customization.

Can't wait for the GameCenter update so I can play with friends, because as with others I will not connect with Facebook.

3. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Yay! Thank you.

4. HakkaFighter

HakkaFighter Member

Oct 31, 2010
    What's up ladies and gentlemen

So as far as the game goes...not really a fan of these timed IAP games especially when progression is associated with Facebook. I'm with those who feel that FB is better left unspammed with random happenings and left as a priavte forum for friends and family. Thus at the moment only running with an e mail address upgrade.

However this said I actually really dig the game, tough this is based only on about an hour and a half of play and progression. Im really diving the customization features, everything from clothing for your avatar(s) to goods for your ship. The minigames aren't mind-blowing but are pretty good, in terms of variation and overall fun. Another thing I noticed is the map scope is pretty large, this might increase the life of this game BIG time.

Now the dabloon (IAP purchases). So far they seem to award dabloons for random goals completed or level ups and as long as they can keep this up I don't see it being a huge issue. But, most games give you a taste of the cake before hanging it in front of you and expect you to keep chasing it, either by stop offering them as rewards or making the requirement for quests insane.

So far it seems that most of the dabloons is for aesthetic purposes or to cut grinding, so tough not game breaking i can see why people would want the coolest stuff (right away) or not want to wait 24hrs for 58 coins.

As said the game, with limited play time, is very enjoyable... Only time will tell me more. For now feel free to add me and let's tag team this game.

[email protected]

5. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    wow just went back to the game and had 5 request and its definitely better to play with some friends so you can help each other out

6. Scampy

Scampy New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Yussss

iPad version! (I just jizzed in my pants.)

7. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    The game relies on gold dubloons WAY too much imo. There should be a random chance of earning some on Treasure Island, kinda like Pocket Frogs!

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #68 backtothis, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
    Wait, can we even battle our friends?..
    What does promoting friends do?
    Yay my ships blue now xD.

9. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

The battles are set up like a "My Brute" style of fight, ie: mostly automated with simple things such as ship size, number of cannons increasing your chances of winning. You can also earn powerups such as smoke screens and repair kits that help too. You do not fight your friends (at this point)

Promoting your friends allows them to randomly earn a little bit of extra coin on jobs depending on what rank you assign them. You scratch their back, they'll scratch yours (Often as things work in social games).

Congrats on earning the blue ship! It's one of my faves.

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Oh I see. Can I ask why the repair time is so long in between each battle? You don't exactly earn alot per battle to alot the 2 hour delay time. Maybe battles get harder on the other islands?

Yay hahah level 9 now xD. Some friends gifted me dubloons weee.

11. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Going into the loot category, there's a small sack of doubs for 1,750 silver. How much doubloons is in the sack?

12. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Limits are placed on certain actions so that those who try to "game the game" can't. You are correct that as you level up and unlock new battles you can earn more.

These types of features will also be tweaked here and there as we see how well it balances in the wild. We are open to making the game as enjoyable as possible based on what YOU all think. We try and launch with a good idea in mind but in the end you peeps shape the game and how the features evolve. We're watching closely!

13. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you're referring to an aesthetic decoration, it does not equate to doubloons you can actually spend. Anything in the customization area is strictly decorative. You may only buy doubloons with real $$.

14. blk04a4

blk04a4 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    xray tech
    bay area cali
    fantastic game so far. I am really enjoying it, but as a few others have said before i think the first thing you should do is add more sails, wheels, masts that cost gold not the doubloons

add me through email [email protected]

15. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009
    Customization area? Like moving objects on your ship and clothes stuff? I found it in the ship shop. It's in the deck section, then loot.

16. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Yup, that's to place on your deck to pimp it out.

17. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009
    #77 Ddyracer123, Nov 5, 2010
    So it's just there for LOOKS? retarded. Well, i hope in a future update this gets aded to the store so its not just there for coolness. I want to buy doubs with silver :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:((???:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(P:(:(:(

18. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lol the customizations are hilarious. I just dropped 10k dressing my captain in full metal armor with a rocket attached to his back! Hahah my 5 crewmates are all on a two day quest now weeee. I'm so poor -.-..26.5k for the next ship size upgrade blah.

19. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    #79 EMTKiNG, Nov 5, 2010
    lol holy bejezuz thats a lot of coin lol yeah it hard saving up when theres a bunch of stuff you can buy. I totally sent all my crew on the 2 day journey as well

email: [email protected] to enter me league of cap'ns

20. Korad

Korad New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I really like this game!!!

Playing with friends is very usefull! Plaease add me as friend and remember to send gift to friends when you can and give to your friends a work!

Add me by mail: [email protected]

P.s. I hope they will insert the chance to send messages to friends :/

P.p.s. Sorry if my english is not so good ^^