Universal Lil' Pirates - by Capcom & IUGO

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Not even going to comment on the game as I will never play it but I hate seeing all these games going the facebook direction surely there is a better way to make money than selling out your customers info. I actually really liked tower madness until they did this now I regret giving them money.

Won't ever catch me using facebook or having anything to do with any game that needs it's use.

Might seem to some I'm hating on all games the last few days but I'd say I like 95% of the ones I buy I'm just seeing a lot of practises I don't like the last few days.

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Because everyone has a different use for Facebook, GameCenter is solely for iOS gaming. How is that hard to understand?

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Not hard at all, and I completely agree. I've been playing this for a few hours now and actually really like this game. There is a very generous amount of customization for just about everything. I think this game is very well put together overall and see myself going the distance with it. I like that it can be played casually as well as long(er) sessions.

The "ONLY" thing killing it for me is that FB was implemented as it's sole way of networking. Bad, bad, bad move in my honest opinion. Other than Castle Age from time to time(and I play that under the radar), I do not utilize FB account primarily for gaming and I like it that way because people aren't spamming my page with random posts from games, and chain letters...

Lil Pirate's is a great game. Please consider implementing GC or some other alternative. I don't mind FB to post achievements, but thats it.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The people have spoken.

5. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA

Yeah facebook is more of a private thing I dont want to add random people just for a game I only have family and close friends on FB. I'll hate on the facebook thing too. On gamecenter I just add random people. Or people from TA I dont really mind on whos my friend there.

You do need to add friends to progress later on to buy a bigger ship deck unfortunately and I havent encountered anything else yet. ut at least you can use emails as well not just facebook.

If anyone wants to add me [email protected]

6. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Thanks for the heads up and I will add you, mine is [email protected] for anyone wanting to add

7. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    #27 weehoo, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
    "Yeah, everyone uses facebook, so you should too." 500,000,000 users means that if I don't use it as well there must be something wrong with me.

What's the big deal?

Not everyone jumps on the bandwagon, sits, barks, and rolls over on command when industries tell them too. Keep letting TPTB profile you to death until they know every move you'll make before you even know. Why is the largest source of information in the world used to tell people how cool they think they are. Little do you know, when you participate in something and dismiss the 300-page user-agreement that says "you have no more privacy anymore," you've become the product. It is almost like the Russian KGB, except instead of being beaten to death trying to protect your personal info, you flaunt it like a pair of big boobies. Just wait until the job interview you get in 2015 where you are rejected for you dislike of checkered socks. I personally hate facebook, like droid-whores hate the iphone. I know its true purpose, hidden behind social services TPTB say you can't live without.

SUDDEN DEATHS OF WEB-SERVICES THAT PEOPLE COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT:
    Friendster
    AOL online
    Myspace
    Facebook (will be next)
    Twitter (will post every tweet in the National Library of Congress from 2007 till forever)

8. Madgoat

Madgoat Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Are Doubloons a purchased item only? If so, I'm deleting the game.

9. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the feedback so far! To address your FB, GameCenter concerns:

Facebook was the first social network we implemented because we felt it was the most widely used.

You can play the game WITHOUT Facebook.

GameCenter implementation is coming in the FIRST update which will be ready in the next couple of weeks.

The idea is that EVERYONE can play the game. If you wish to utilize FB you can, if you hate FB then go on and play without!

Keep the comments coming. :D

10. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Doubloons can be earned slowly, silver coins are early quickly. Doubloons can also be purchased.

You can fully play the game without purchasing a thing. Spending real life $$ allows you to access certain customization items more quickly and there's the option to finish jobs faster with the "quick finish" button for those who wish to powerplay and blast through levels.

11. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA

no not really unless you really want a lot some of the missions in game reward with some

The addition of game center is good to hear really enjoying the game so far and please add a mermaid figure head lol

12. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Great suggestion on the mermaid figurehead! Our designers are reading this so keep it comin' mateys! :)

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009

Thanks for the fast reply. No problems to report and thank you for adding GC in the next update. I know the game will come more to life at that point with other user interaction.

Only thing(s) to add would be just more diverse items in general, in future updates which I'm sure is in the making. I personally would like to see more sails 1st. I feel that is most lacking. Maybe even an editor to draw a simple icon and/or a pic from your library to attach to a blank sail canvas for a more unique customization? Also more mini-games down the line. Love everything else so far. ;)

14. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think it's a good thing you aren't forcing facebook on people a few apps lately have so I'm wary of it, so I'll apologise for my earlier remarks and I may even give this game a try when I get the chance I'll wait for the game centre support though.

Anything with pirates has got to be worth a go.

15. Slothy

Slothy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    After spending all last night playing, I can say this game is probably the best variation of the social/farming type game available.

I love the addition of mini games, battles and the buried treasure feature is a very clever way of farming. And the customization is great. Also love the graphical style, very charming in a good way without being too childish (and retina support!)

I also love the fact that you do not need to be on wifi or 3g to play the game (unless you are obviously using the social portions of the game). This is my biggest complaint with other games such as the 'We' series. I have an ipod touch and not always at a wifi spot when I want to redecorate my items and whatnot.

Glad to hear Gamecenter is coming soon, this game really needs it, and it makes perfect sense for it. I will play solo until then :) This easily beats the crap out of the 'We' series, especially if this gets updated with new items every now and then.

16. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Wow, thx Slothy for such a glowing review. We have poured our heart and soul into this game so to hear users really enjoying it totally makes our day. This is why we do what we do!

Keep up the comments little muffins! We listen to ALL of it good AND bad.

17. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Very well said, and I completely agree this literally blows the 'We' series of games out the water(pun intended). :p

18. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Just to echo what everyone has been saying. FB connection is a really bad move for mobile social gaming. I am not going to spam my real friends with game messages nor I''ll add random players to my FB list. Leaving those to OpenFeint, Plus+ or Game Center.

19. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Suggestions on items you'd like to see, what are your favorite features and which you're not so keen on are totally welcome!

Thanks for the feedback on the ship battles and Treasure Island so far. :)

20. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I started playing this game last night and it's quite fun. I have a few q's: Do you get doubloons as you level up? I don't remember getting any as i leveled up. I'm level 3.

Why is the IAP so expensive???

4.99 for 30 doubloons is nuts. This game IMO, is worth 5 dollars max so we should get unlimited doubloons for 4.99. and like a hundred gold for 0.99.