Universal Lil' Pirates - by Capcom & IUGO

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 3, 2010.

1. KandenYamaneko

KandenYamaneko New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    How do you kill the app fully?

Sorry I'm not really that familiar these things x___x

Edit: WAIT i think I figured it out thanks tikan! :D

2. tikan

tikan Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    :3

cap'n dongslayer strikes again!

3. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    @ IUGOME I'm still getting this notice when I try and help capn's floating for help and some other occasions plus my sound isnt working for some reason I turn it on and it goes off by itself

Attached Files:

4. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting, we'll take a look!

5. lillypt

lillypt New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Good game

Hi there I really like this new app I'm not really a fan of these sorts of apps normally but when I had a look at this one I couldn't resist. The retina display is great. I love doing objectives and missions and like how they don't force you to buy doubloons. Could do with a lot more objectives though because I finished all of them recently. It didn't matter anyway because u had to start a new account because I changed emails. Could do with more sails and a mermaid figurehead would look great. Thanks for adding gane
    Centre in the next update. If you are reading me please add me C'aptin Dais on my email [email protected] thanks.

6. HakkaFighter

HakkaFighter Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Hahaha he may be but his ship is pretty awesome to look at, pirate eye candy. I put up a post a while ago about somehow getting a swordfight/battle thing perhaps in the future. It would be epic to see it as a minigame! Also more integration of other people in your world would be awesome. As for right now all I can come up with is
    - battling (ship to ship)
    - racing type game
    - a battle ship style game (with your main ship and rafts possibly)
    - captain/crew vs captain/crew style fighting

The game is pretty awesome, I'm just thinking more integration of others within your world would make it seem less segregated/parallel universe like, just my humble opinion though.

As for bugs, just a friendly FYI to everyone, play where signal strength is not blocked or strong, I noticed the prompt, that reloads your ship, is more frequent in shady areas or places built like bunkers.

Last but not least to everyone that was fly enough to add me as a member of your pirate crew, big thanks! I know it's pretty much a two way win/win street, but hey I'm all about giving credit to where it is due. Much respect fellow TA pirates, much respect indeed.

Take it ease

7. RueZen

RueZen New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    #187 RueZen, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    Dah, I'm having a bit of a Problem, I keep having a friends crew member in need of help and when i click one of the two options on him it needs to resolve its self. So when that's done it takes me back to the title where I go back in the game and that same crew member needs help and clicking on him repeats the process.

Anyway, if there's anything i can do to fix this give me a heads up

8. HakkaFighter

HakkaFighter Member

Oct 31, 2010
    #188 HakkaFighter, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010
    Hey bud

Well I had that problem too all I can suggest for now, this is the route I took at least was ignore them for awhile. Then later on, when the character in need of help switches, try your luck. If it happens to stay the same just give it some time and try a couple hours later. I've run into the problem several times today (4 I believe) but strangely enough it's only occurred today, for me.

Hope it works compadre, good luck

9. tikan

tikan Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Odin's ship may be cool, but no one is as wild in the sack as:

[​IMG]

[email protected] to rock out with Cap'n, Dongslayer!

10. thatkidpatrick

thatkidpatrick New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Man. This game gets better and better.

TONS OF EPIC LOVELINESS IN THIS GAME. Got a cute li'l monkey tagging along on my back :D. Maybe, IUGO, if y'all are taking suggestions, y'all could implement a pvp thing where i can make my boat fight it out with my brother. That'd be cool. And I'd actually start to use the repair kits. :D

Add me, ptpatrickthompson</at>gmail.com and my brother, wolfboylance</at>hotmail.com Good stuff. We play very often and level and send gifts and stuff. Hit us up!

11. fellcor

fellcor Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    This is a potential winner

my very first post. liked the community here and had trouble adding pirates in some other forum threads i started.

am deeply impressed with this game after playing a variety of other iphone games and see the potential for it to grow. However the other optional areas i am hoping it would not just be more quests (jobs) at different time rates (3h/1d/15m) etc, but some maybe actual quests (special goals section) that we can achieve. Example is upon unlocking lv x, one finds he needs an animal (the 3h monkey quest comes to mind), a crew of redheads well armed (every crew should have a accessory weapon purchased + hair must be red) to gain access to further quests/treasures. The concept of "goals" makes gamers addicted.

do add me [email protected]

12. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
  13. Peasanter

Peasanter New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Yo ho ho :(

Second day playing, and I'm thinking it's awesome.
    If IUGO is still sifting through our messages here..
    (If you haven't already thought about it) in the next update could there be some kind of automatic deletion of gifts that were already taken by other people?

I'm one of those who... kinda exploited the friend system and has many...
    Getting 99+ gifts and 80% of them taken kind of puts me off going through the entire list looking for boxes.

Haha, I understand that I chose to exploit the system, and in no position to ask the game to accomidate for it, but wouldn't the auto deletion of out-dated gifts also benefit regular players aswell?

By the way, I'm on daily :p
    Although I'm a small-fry, I lvl pretty fast (at least I think I do), so you get moar boxes! Add me!

[email protected]

Thanks guys that's added me so far.
    And thanks IUGO for showing gracing us by reading our comments!
    Excellent game, despite several of us 'cheating'.

14. In a way yes. There are a variety of 'objectives' or jobs that you can send members of your crew out to complete (faster jobs earn less rewards and longer jobs earn more) in order to gain currency like Silver.

There are several realtime mini-games that you can play in order to earn supplies like Root Beer, which can be used to keep your crew energized.

All in all, It's safe to say the core game-play is predicated mostly on customization, socialization & resource management!

15. fellcor

Nov 8, 2010

yes a auto deletion of treasures already claimed would be good. i found most of my time is spend getting stuff from mateys rather than figuring how to get ahead. In a way having 99 friends does allow a headstart as i started the game a few days ago with 0 friends and thought it wasn't the way to go, however getting too fast ahead would mean much less steam for the game in the long run, aint good.

16. Odynn

Odynn Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    I love being ahead :) it's the same game at lvl 1 as it is at lvl 19 :)

17. fellcor

Nov 8, 2010

i think its the other way round, usually faster jobs earns more rewards and longer jobs less. Factoring the game mechanics of requiring one to play a downtime game, a 15m quest would yield more exp (FP) than a 3h quest on a per unit time ratio. however think the developers mixed it up a little, allowing some quests to give more FP OR silver depending on your current objectives.

18. fellcor

Nov 8, 2010
    yes i agree with you, these are one of the few games i thought that once you reached a certain level, say lv 50? you would still be buying stuff for your ship rather than just doing jobs to unlock lv 51 quest. Good games coupled with an official forum (such as ngmoco) where staff/developers chip in towards molding the game and addressing players needs are fundamental to keep it going.

19. Odynn

Odynn Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    I wish I would have thought this game up it's blowing up! Lol

20. Sparton

Sparton Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Game Designer (IUGO Mobile Entertainment)
    The Great White North (Canada)
    #200 Sparton, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    Purely cosmetic. At least, right now...

Huh. Didn't think people would get those in such high number. We'll have to take a look at that; it seems to be a common concern.

I think it was mostly a spacial concern with that, as the ships can get really large, so there's only so many we can fit on screen. We'll look into it.

You share your getting of treasure on Facebook, but that's just a news post for your friends. They'll all get the treasure showing up in their gifts screen.

Promoting a friend gives that player an in-game benefit, anywhere from a chance of getting extra FP from a job, to selling treasure items for slightly more silver. When you tap to promote somebody, there's a "i" button in the top-right that describes the different title effects.

When you add a friend into your crew, you just have that guy as your crew member. There's no gameplay benefits for doing this, it's just cosmetic (and Player crew will look exactly like your friend's character, without you needing to spend the money to do so, but you can't customize him further).

Adding a friend to your crew doesn't automatically send an invite, it just makes a character based on your friend for your crew. You can still send him an invite by going to the friends section of the game, then pressing "Account" then "Invite", and he'll get a super-spiffy e-mail.