iPad Lightning Fighter 2 (by Uwan Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Jul 31, 2013.

1. What is this? After the update, when I play offline, the game crashes on startup?

Why? Is this on purpose?

This sucks.

Have to agree. Fix it.

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #42 Intendro, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    In my defense, I was angry in my previous post for a good reason, but I would still like to apologize if I offended anyone. *cough* Sorry.

I can't wait for the game to be fixed. :)
    I liked the first game.

Here's how it works...

I have an iPhone 5. Latest update (6.1.4).

Airplane Mode on, or no connection:
    Game does not start up at all. I tap the game's icon, there's a black screen, then it crashes, back to the phone's menu.

Connection:
    Game starts...
    I suspend the game (I mean I press the home button, sleep button, or bring down the notification center).
    Now, Airplane Mode on, and...
    I return to the game with no connection. Instant crash, back to phone's menu.

I have also walked into a dead zone and saw no connection after suspending the game. It works with no connection, but won't start or un-suspend without a connection. Strange. And bad.

I guess I'll comment on the other things too.
    Daily reward: I guess it's good. Nothing bad about free help. There doesn't seem to be a way to choose not to use it if you don't want to for whatever reason.
    And I don't see a way to cancel buying boosts. I tapped one and spent gems on it and couldn't cancel it. But when I completely shut off the game without actually starting a stage, then came back, the gems were not spent. There should be an easier way to cancel buying something.

I don't have any game controllers for iPhone, so no comment on that.

Oh, I might as well ask... How long might it take to fix the game?
    Weeks? A month? 2-3 months? Longer? Do you know? Or not?

3. Yeah, I agree with the above, you guys crippled this game with online only now, I can not play offline cause it crashes.

Why???

I buy games cause I like having games portable. I really think this always online stuff or starting even online is bad.

Can't you just remove all this riff raff stuff that you got this game, and make a free to try game with $1 unlock, and $1 for each extra ship?

Get rid of all the other riff raff especially the always online and logging in stuff.

Please, this could be a good game, but all the riff raff stuff and now crashing unless online is very irritating.

4. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #44 Intendro, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
    No, they can't make it free to try. People who bought it would have to buy it again.
    $1 for each extra ship? You can unlock them with in-game money. Taking that away would be bad.
    Or do you mean making $1 of bought in-game money being enough for one ship?

Speaking of full version in-app purchase...
    I don't like it when it's IAP to access a full game. It's another step to take if you uninstall and later install the game again: you must connect and restore the purchase...

And if the game vanishes from the store then so do the in-app purchases, yes? Including the ability to restore the full version! You'd have to keep the game on your device or forever lose it, or if it's not on your device you already lost it.

However likely it is for a game to be removed from the store, it CAN happen... That is the main reason I do not like IAP for full version.

Not to mention it looks like a free game at first glance... >_>

5. Well, personally I would like to see it just as a premium app too. But the dev has made it into almost freemium with no ability to play offline.

This sucks, what could be a good game is completely lost.

Can't even play cause I try to always play offline unless there is a specific purpose for it like multiplayer.

Really too bad. Can't play it, wonder if Apple will give me a refund now that it is crippled to online only.

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Since it doesn't state in the description that it requires a constant Internet connection to play, I would say so.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    If it's a bug, then I don't know...but if you truly have to be online to play the game and it isn't stated anywhere, then by all means try to get a refund. It worked with me and Bloodmasque.

8. I wouldn't call this a bug. There has been an intentional adding of freemium and online aspects.

I would call it an unintentional improvement.

9. Dev,

Any status on making this game so it is not online only?

Please take out all the logging in stuff and online stuff.

And please consider a freemium structure like Phoenix hd where one pays 99 cents per ship or something.

And if you are generous, give us early adopters all the ships for free for putting up with all this madness.

Do the right thing. Please.

10. nazokuma

nazokuma Member

May 27, 2013
    Hi,

Online play will be removed soon. (whoops finally)
    We're sending our update to Apple this week(or at least trying ASAP). So it will be in a week or 2.

Cloud data will replace the notorious login system in the future, like this.

[​IMG]

Also, fighters will be cheaper...maybe not 99 cents cheap tho since you can get them partly with some effort and new daily rewards. Probably going to do that with new fighters and levels coming up in a big update. There will be a lot of new enemies too, still...working..on...them.

I'll talk about the gift thing to others. But I can't make a promise so early. Maybe it would be...something only for early adopters instead.

11. Thanks, it would be a cool gesture to reward early adopters and get this game back on track by taking out always online.

Without th me riff raff, there is a good game here. Best of luck.

12. nazokuma

nazokuma Member

May 27, 2013
  13. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #54 Intendro, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    Strangely, in the list of my updates, I only saw "Fixed some bugs" but going to the game's page also shows me the part before that about no Internet requirement.

Anyway, now I can play the game no matter where I am! :)

By the way, the ship prices haven't been lowered yet, I think.

I connected to the Internet to claim the daily reward, and I think it said I got a magnet, but the boost select screen says I have two +50% credit gain power ups equipped...?
    Before that, I informed the game that I wanted to keep my device save, not the cloud save. Maybe that had something to do with it?

Today it said I got +100% credit gain but I actually got a magnet...?

"You got 3,000 credits." I got +100% credit gain.
    I think I did not get the 3,000 credits...
    Maybe I am receiving the daily rewards starting from the first one again, and the message is out of sync.

It said shields, but I got... Not sure. I have a bomb but I may have already bought that and bombs are further along the list, so maybe I actually got the 3,000 credits this time.

It said magnet, I got the shields from yesterday. It's one off.

14. Man, thanks alot for taking off the log in and always online stuff.

Now finally enjoying the game, and the cloud saves are nice too.

Thanks again.

15. nazokuma

nazokuma Member

May 27, 2013
    Thank you for the feedback. There were indeed some bugs in the daily reward. We sent our 1.0.4 vesion to Apple to fix that this week.

btw, the price will be adjusted in a big patch with new fighters, enemies(a lot of new enemies) and stages.

16. Cool, enjoying the game alot nowadays, new enemies would be cool.

17. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    When I've gotten all the daily rewards in the list, will the list start over? So daily rewards are obtained forever?

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    So, after all this, and everything being said, whaduya think? LF 1 or LF 2?

19. Tough call, but since you have a ipad 4 and lf1 isn't universal, maybe lf2 hd.