iPad Light Wars LITE is out:) (Geometry Wars inspired)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toolism_spokko, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Toolism_spokko

Toolism_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Hello everyone. Im one of the programers at spokko.
    I wanted to announce that Light Wars LITE was just approved and is available for free for your gaming pleasure.

This LITE version showcases 1 new game mode ( although limited for the lite game) and introduces changes to the GUI and controls that the community asked for. The screenshots below show 2 new camera modes as well.

(the 1.2 update to the Light Wars game is still in review but we hope it will be out by the end of this week)

If you want some more information on the FULL version of Light Wars I direct you to an already existant thread here on toucharcade. It contains a lot of reviews from the users as well as a gameplay footage.

Light Wars thread : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=14082

Also here are the screenshots form the LITE version:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also to everyone who already owns the game. If you ever wondered what version 1.2 will look like, download this LITE version to get a glimpse of it:)

All coments are appreciated, especially ones you make on the App Store.

Rafal

2. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    im downloading full version of light wars right now :cool:

3. phobic99

phobic99 New Member

Jun 21, 2009
    I have a love/hate relationship with Geometry Wars at the moment but I love the game so I'll give the lite verison a shot right now. Thanks. :)

4. jmmsmth

jmmsmth Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    i'll get the lite version, looks fun

5. Toolism_spokko

May 27, 2009
    How about it? Have any of you that purchased the full version, had the chance to try out the lite version yet? We are eagerly awaiting your thoughts on the new cameras, views and options.

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Is this worth getting if I already have Isotope, Anomaly(sp?), and Nano Fighter?

7. brttrx

brttrx Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    This is what I'd like to know!

8. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    looks pretty good :)

9. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I would say yes, while each of those is a dual stick shooter, each one is a little different in presentation. If you like this style of game, Light Wars has really responsive controls and cool looking enemies and sound effects.

If you like the Lite, you'll like the full version.

10. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    nice, i bought the full one and i think its a decent game.

11. Toolism_spokko

May 27, 2009
    S.I.D. CrAzY -> the real question is. How did you miss our game;D
    Jokes aside. We definetly think that our game stands on its own when compared to Isotope or Nano Fighter. But dont take our word for it, you can look up a lot of positive reviews in the official thread that I linked to in the 1st post. You can also try the Lite version, thats why we made it!:D

12. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Light Wars is a lot different from Isotope and Nano Fighter.

Isotope is more mission based, and upgrading your ship
    Nano Fighter is quick thinking and quick reflexes for a high score
    Light wars is also for high scores, but is kind of mix of both. A bunch of weapon upgrades and powerups, along with frantic high scoring from nano fighter.

13. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Just buy the full version already it kicks so much ass. It was a day one buy for me easily. This game is a better than GeoWars for me honestly. I mean... you have "Health" and access to more weapons, including the spread if you wanted it. That in my book = win. I love GeoWars, don't get me wrong. But this game just... just pwns. Can't wait for the new update.

14. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Just downloaded the Lite version, will try it out a bit later.

We shall see what comes of it ;)

15. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    ooohhhhh game looks fun definitely gonna get the light version and have a try :)
    love these type of games

16. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    isotope and light wars are almost the same to me

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Have been playing with the lite version for awhile now and I can't get used to the controls. I just don't like them.

On the plus side for some reason after playing Light Wars, I like the controls in Isotope so much more than I did before. It sorta just clicked for some reason. Like it the same as the the controls in Nano Fighter.

18. Toolism_spokko

May 27, 2009
    Im sorry to hear that S.I.D. In my defense, I can say, that the controls and their responsivness is one of the TOP things people like about Light Wars.
    I'd love to hear what your issues with them are though. Maybe we can do something to improve upon the concept.

19. brttrx

brttrx Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    I've been playing the lite version... and I really like the responsiveness of the controls!

20. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Yup, that is pretty interesting, I think the controls in LW are totally smooth and responsive, while the ones in Isotope seemed so slow and unresponsive to me.

Nano Wars controls are also smooth but so many times, the ship simply stops responding to your input rather suddenly.