iPad Light Riders?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kraivyne, Feb 25, 2009.

1. kraivyne

kraivyne Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to know what is going on with Light Riders? I should have been here by now.

Would it be possible to see a video of the game in action or at least a full feature set list?

Thanks!

2. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

As far as I followed the other thread, they are still waiting for Apple to finish the review process and put it into the store.

A gameplay video would awesome.

I must say, that I am *really* disappointed with LightBike (http://www.taptoplay.de/2009/02/25/lightbike/ [German]). It feels wrong and the chosen camera perspective just breaks everything. LightRiders might fix this with their blue theme and the 2D top down view and the upcoming 3D view with different camera perspective finally sounds like it would transfer the look and feel of the movie in a good way.

The free GLTron offers a really really great look and feel with different camera angels, perspectives etc. I hope, that LightRiders will be similar.

3. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    it was submitted a day after zen bound and sway, so really it shouldn't be here yet, most likely a day behind those two games

4. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Yea but this game is less complicated. 99 cents right?

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I played the free version of LightBikes and didn't think it was all that bad.

The build I have of LightRiders only has the top down camera which scales back as you increase your speed. It plays really well and I prefer it over LightBikes.

6. dsMediaLabs

dsMediaLabs Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    It should be today. Looking forward, we have a ton of features and updates planned. There will be an immediate update submitted to bring internet multiplayer. We are then focusing on all kinds of new level, bike, and game play enhancements we think all of you will love. We are committed to keeping our games fresh.

- Ben

7. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Internet. Multiplayer. O. M. G.

Must.

Buy.

Damn :).

Will it work over Edge? ;) Man, that would be great :) I could play this against others in the world when driving back home in the subway :D.

8. dsMediaLabs

Feb 8, 2009
    Yes, will be .99 cents for the first week or two.

9. dsMediaLabs

Feb 8, 2009
    We have been working very hard on our multiplayer platform. We are working very hard to get smooth results over EDGE. We will keep you guys posted on our testing.

10. dcescott

dcescott Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    I'm happy just being wifi'd and able to get into a tournament or whatever. Brings me back to the Mario Kart DS days, W-L record and so on. I'm looking forward to this,.

11. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Hey, I can tell you that Light Riders will not disappoint. Visually, it's one of the more polished games you'll see, and the devs have promised updated features so don't confuse this with LightBikes. It's a totally different experience.

12. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Please come out

13. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    ..tonight (PLEASE)

14. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    It should be out soon soon soon. Again, I can't tell you how polished the game is, but you'll be pleased. Also, it may not have all the bells and whistles in this first release, but expect it in the update...

...according to my sources. :D

15. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Man if this comes out tonight thatll be three anticipated releases within 2 days; first Zen Bound, then Sway, then Light Riders.

Can't wait for this; i too played lightbikes for awhile, and found it satisfyingly fun, but the view and control scheme were just too awkward to actually enjoy it. From the screenshots and descrips of light riders, it should be much more fun. Hope it comes out tonight.

16. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Yep, watch the store in the next 20 minutes or so.

Should be out if it continues the trend started by ZB and Sway last night.

17. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I honestly think this past week to two weeks have been one of the greatest weeks in iPhone and mobile gaming history.
    Edge, ZB, puzzle quest, lightriders, idracula, rogue touch, the quest, tomagotchi,little red sled, and pocket god update oh and sway.

18. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    agreed
    hopefully we will see hill billy sometime soon aslo

19. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    I have to agree. Unfortunately, I barely have any free time to dedicate to my games because of work, and gaming while commuting doesn't do these games justice.

Still, glad I have games to choose from and don't have to settle.

20. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I couldn't agree more. It's also the time where I've spent the most in the least amount of time.