Universal Lifeline... (by 3 Minute Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Omg that's terrible. I deleted it. I mean what's the point . I get it , it would take someone that long to walk but just say it's an hour.

2. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I respect your feelings (maybe the App Store description wasn't clear enough to establish expectations) but I do think without seeing it happen at least once, you're missing the key experience of the game: getting a "text" from Taylor when there's a story development. It really is meant to be a very different way of telling a story from what you've experienced before. And respectfully, I think that experience would be broken if we put a timer in the game telling you when the next message will come in. It breaks the illusion of Taylor being a person. I've even seen other games take the story delays and try to monetize them by letting you spend money to skip ahead. Not my cup of tea!

That said, everyone has different tastes and your time is your own to decide how to spend. :)

3. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Best part of the game! In many aspects, it feels like I am really communicating with Taylor.

4. Zacchattel

Zacchattel New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    #144 Zacchattel, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Sneek peak

First of all, I would love to express my gratitude to the content creators for allowing me to experience the adventure that is Lifeline. I was able to complete it today after several nights wondering on how Taylor was faring, hoping that it would end happily. Anyway, I did the sneek peek straight after I finished the game,after the ending of the sneek peek, i spent an hour or so fiddling around with different options but they all seemed to lead into one conclusive ending. I was wondering, is there only one possible conclusion to the sneekpeak leading into the sequel?
    P.S looking forward to purchasing Lifeline Silent nights after i refill my apple account :)

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This guy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    @3minmars

Congrats on Lifeline Silent Night at #4 paid US. IDK what kind of deal goes down with Apple to be free app of the week but maybe it was worth it for you. Great games.

7. Porsupah

Porsupah Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how I missed out on this on its debut! Thankfully, becoming Apple's "Free Game of the Week" reminded me, and of course, I had to leap at that opportunity - and I'm very pleased I did. Needless to say, I'm picking up the sequel.

Has anyone mapped all the critical decisions? I was fortunate enough to only have Taylor die once, early on; I'm not sure I'd really want to explore all the more gruesome outcomes.

8. Gordon1

Gordon1 New Member

May 20, 2016
    Guys, have anyone tried "Ice Void"? it looks pretty similar.

9. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Nice effort! Very similar indeed :)

10. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Little late here but thanks! I can say that no "deal goes down" – it's really just up to Apple and their editorial board deciding which games they like and want to promote, and then us responding with whether we'd like to participate. We don't get paid for the free downloads of course, but it did lead to new downloads of the sequels that made it worthwhile for us. I'm super happy that they've liked Lifeline and the sequels as much as they have!

11. Chief Logan

Chief Logan Well-Known Member

Congrats on the amazing lifeline whiteout

12. Deeper Games

Deeper Games Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2017
    When are we seeing Taylor again?

I've missed his snark so much that I went and created my own game inspired by my love of the 80's, stranger things, and Lifeline.

13. Sandstorm.-

Sandstorm.- New Member

Feb 7, 2019
    Male
    Freelancer
    Canada, North America
    So I'm two years late, but I'm pretty sure 3 Minute Games is dead, or something like that. After Halfway to Infinity, Taylor is just... gone. No brain-stretching miracles, or anything like that. It was such a sad moment which could have been heavily capitalized on, and everyone can appreciate Taylor's sacrifice, but it left me wanting more, which is why I write AU Fanfictions about that.