Universal Lifeline... (by 3 Minute Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 20, 2015.

1. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Ah, thanks for the suggestion! I'm not super familiar with the Android engineering myself but I'll put it on the list to investigate. Glad you're enjoying it otherwise!

We're currently working on an Android update to add Android Wear support and to bring over the French and German translations that are in the most recent iOS update.

2. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Was waiting for this to get a sale to give it a shot, and I'm loving it. Shame the review from this site still hasn't been updated since it's gripes have been addressed, but the average review of the forum tells an accurate tale. Neat idea, very immersive!

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This game is amazing. I'm having so much fun it really feels like I'm chatting with someone (and I love making decisions). I don't want it to end!

I hope in LL2, you guys add more things like perhaps a ending list. So people that finish the game will have more incentive to get all the endings and keep going through the story. And maybe even a flow chart that shows your decision making paths. I read a lot of visual novels so I know a lot of features that work well that the audience generally likes.

4. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Does this support iCloud saves so you can switch between iPhone & iPad?

5. randm0607

randm0607 New Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Possible glitch?

Hey, I did what I was supposed to do
    to save the captain: saved her life, put her in stasis, kept the generator running,
    yet when Taylor leaves the crash site,
    s/he buries them all anyway, even though I don't tell her/him to, and the captain is still a zombie at the end.
    Am I still doing something wrong?

6. Kimdbro

Kimdbro New Member

Jul 8, 2015
    I actually hate Taylor...

She is a moron. I managed to keep the whiny, useless welp alive till potential "rescue" ship arrived, no small feat, being that she seems incapable of making even the slightest decision on her own. Finally after two days, and so much delay between transmissions, she finally see's a way out, (not to give too many spoilers away) but rescue was RIGHT THERE, basically she folded like a lawn chair and gave up. I would throat punch her first chance if I ever had the displeasure of meeting. But she's dead, so I can't. Now the plus? It gave option to go back to three different spots to try again. Presumably there's one scenario where she has a spine. The down-side.... It's slow as molasses, and doing a second time around with the hours of waiting is just stupid, leaving a great possibility of me losing interest and abandoning.

7. Hasp

Hasp New Member

Jul 12, 2015
    The reason that she backed out is because you chose the option that asked her if she was going to quit. You have to tell her that backing out is selfish, and the she will continue to the ship. Also, keep in mind that once you die/win one or two times, then you will have the option of fast mode AND when you die (or whenever really) you can press on a previous choice to return back to that one. This should solve your problem.

8. Hanasteriiks

Hanasteriiks New Member

Jul 15, 2015
    Thank you for this game

This game has really captivated me and though I died countless of times, I finally managed to finish it with a satisfactory ending. I grew emotionally attached and spent hours hoping to save Taylor. With Fast Mode I finally finished the game at about 2 am. I cannot wait for the sequel. I've messaged all my friends and cousins to download the game because the suspense, thrill and simpicity provide an almost real experience. It really is almost as if I really am communicating with Taylor. I hope people could understand that in life threatened situations, it is true that either the adrenaline saves you, or you break down and mentally shut off. This story has brought reality and pure entertainment to the world.

3 minute games: I applaud you and commend you for this game and cannot wait for anything more you release in the future. :):):):):):D:D:D:D

9. YexeonChew

YexeonChew New Member

Aug 6, 2015
    #129 YexeonChew, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Lifeline... (by 3 Minute Games)

Can this game played in Android ? Or only for IOS?
    Please help :) And Thanks a lot :)

10. rustytew123

rustytew123 New Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I haven't enjoyed a game so much since Zork. I am not exaggerating when I say that this is the best game I have ever played. It has become s part of my life. Please, please, please make more adventures with Taylor. I miss him already. I am telling everyone I know to download this game.

11. Zaroff

Zaroff Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Sorry to add a dissenting note in here, but while the premise and execution are ok, there's wayyyyyyyyy too many "Taylor is busy" to keep the thing dynamic and the pacing interesting. Meh.

12. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Just got the game yesterday, and have had a lot of fun. Even if not managing to save the captain was bad. Poor Taylor. Next time, I swear.

13. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Just finished the game with what I think is the best ending. Poor Taylor needs therapy, but both she and the captain are alive and out of there. The last bit was both creepy and incredibly tense. I was mentally looking for places to scroll back to. But somehow I managed to motivate Taylor right.

14. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Lifeline with Apple Watch not working

The app is opened in my phone, I do get notifications on my watch, but then the watch tries to load lifeline, and all I get is the spinny loading icon.

Has anyone gotten it to work from their watch?

15. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Update: Lifeline on Apple Watch

It seems to work on and off. Sometimes I can see the dialogue on the watch. Other times, I get the spinny loading icon.

16. randomname randomly chose

Oct 1, 2015
    #136 randomname randomly chose, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    Update in the app store, says that there is a new short story, but it doesn't appear. The app starts the same as usual, i put it in fast mode to get to the end--and nothing new there either. Not sure how this update is supposed to work. Has anybody else had any luck?

ETA: Well, I guess it's under the name Sneak Peek--I ignored that at first since I've already bought Lifeline: Silent Night, but rather than an actual sneak peek at that game, it's the story of in-between. Hmmm...playing it now.

17. Joshmaz

Joshmaz New Member

Jan 14, 2016
    So lost need to get good ending but only can die in the peak I think it is bugged

18. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Here's a tip if you're stuck at that point:
    You have to get Taylor to exit the peak and then, at the point where Taylor is near giving up, tell Taylor that it's selfish to give up and die. That spot trips up a lot of people.

19. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    My game keeps freezing. It will say Taylor is busy and not show anything afterwards . 20 minutes and nothing. Anyone tell me how to play this game

20. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    That's actually the game's design—the story plays out in real time. If Taylor says it will take an hour to hike to the crash site, it really will take an hour before you get the next message!