Universal Lifeline... (by 3 Minute Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Kelekane

Kelekane New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Ending..

By ending I mean
    Taylor escaped on the rescue ship
    . But the system message is the same as the others with no end game fanfare. Did I get the optimal ending?
    Also, thank you for a great and entertaining story. My whole family is enjoying it!

2. cllezark

cllezark New Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Taylor's gender

I'm pouring everything I can into my review of your game, and I would really like to know: does Taylor have a predetermined gender? I fancy my lost friend to be a girl, personally, but so many people refer to her as 'he.'

Thoughts?

Congratulations. You're work on this game is epic and monumental. I can only wish the team the best in all of your endeavors.

Thanks,
    Cliff

3. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Thanks so much! We intentionally did not gender Taylor in the game or the marketing materials, because A) we don't believe in gender stereotypes and we don't want to even subtly reinforce them in our work and B) we believe that giving the player a silent choice over how they view Taylor really helps build immersion and adds to the player's ownership over the experience of the game. It's been really fascinating to watch different people talk about Taylor as a he/she in discussing the game, sometimes even flipping back and forth over the course of a conversation!

You know, we didn't think to include a different message for the "optimal" ending. You could say we value all the different endings equally because they all reflect the player's choices and those are more meaningful than our biases... or you could say it was a thoughtless omission ;)

That said, you did indeed get the happy ending but I'm not 100% sure whether you got the happiest possible ending. Spoiler alert:
    It's possible to find the Captain on day 1 and put her into a stasis pod, which saves her life and results in her rescue at the end of the story in addition to Taylor's evacuation.

4. GentlemanRaptor

GentlemanRaptor Active Member

Jun 19, 2014
    That's the optimal ending? Yes! Got it first time through!

5. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Why there is no hype for this great game?

6. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I updated to 1.2 but am still stuck at the same location. Tapping an earlier choice does nothing. Not sure if there is anything I can do except delete the app and start over. :(

7. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    If you got there without reaching any other endpoint yet, you don't have the ability unlocked to change that past decision. :( I think the only solution at this point is to delete and reinstall. We're really super sorry about that bug and punching ourselves that we let it through in the first place :mad:

8. redicius

redicius Active Member

May 8, 2014
    #88 redicius, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    How do I get back to the last choice, that stopped my game? How can I then play the game? i am still stuck in a corridor, nothing to choose, still waiting for Taylor..

There is no restart, no re-do option. Do I have to delete and reinstall? Do I need to loose all the progress I made? (Not to mention, that most of the gameplay is "waiting", that at the first gameplay was a great idea but now, I dont have a chance other than wait the same hours again? :(

The last update added only Rate buttton, that I better dont press, since I'm not able to play it..

9. nalafish

nalafish New Member

May 4, 2015
    Amazing game

Hey devs-first off, totally loved the game. Got Taylor to survive on my first shot(phew) and what a ride it was. I have a couple questions for you guys, though. First off, is there any way to skip the wait times yet? I realized after restarting the story that I could have just scrolled up to change choices, and now I'm stuck in one of the longer wait times. It's hard for me to wait for new choices, seeing as I'm impatient and I'm sure many others will agree. If there isn't a way, are there plans for this to be implemented? I'd really love to be able to go through the different endings without having to play the game for a few days each.
    Again, great game, hope to see more out of it!

10. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Thanks a bunch!! Once you find any two endings (even the shortest one) you unlock Fast Mode which lets you skip all the waiting. Read on and I'll post the shortest possible one since I think @redicius will find it helpful, too:

Super sorry dude, I feel terrible that you're stuck in this spot. My best suggestion right now is to write down the choices you made so far, then delete the app and reinstall it, then find the shortest ending twice in a row so you can unlock fast mode, and then you can cruise through back to the spot where you're at in the shortest amount of time. Here's the shortest path to an ending:

On the first day go through the first few pieces of dialogue with Taylor (don't talk about Colby as it will take a little longer than the alternatives). Then direct Taylor to go toward the peak, and keep pressing that direction instead of going to the crash. There will be a couple hours of waiting in total but it's still the shortest path to an ending.

Do that twice in a row and you'll get fast mode. Again, sorry about this nasty situation overall. :(

11. nalafish

nalafish New Member

May 4, 2015
    Didn't realize I had to finish it twice-thanks a bunch!

12. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Ok, now that I've described that awful workaround, I think that we do have enough bandwidth to work on an update that will fix your specific situation (you're not the only one there) and make a couple of additional improvements as well. I don't know how long it will take to complete or how long it will take to get approved by Apple, but if you aren't interested in doing all that stuff and you can hold off for a week or so we might be able to get you fixed up with an update. Sorry about all this, again.

13. madmonk98

madmonk98 New Member

May 6, 2015
    Endings

How many endings are there to the game? And can Taylor actually survive?

14. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    There are about
    a dozen
    ways for Taylor to die, and
    you can indeed guide Taylor to rescue
    !

15. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    I'm stuck still is there an update coming out to fix this?

16. chaopac

chaopac New Member

May 7, 2015
    This is probably not the best place to ask this, but I just love the idea of the game so much. So I just want to know if the game ever going to be released on Android?

17. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    We are still working on that update, hold tight if you can! We'll keep you posted in this thread once it's submitted to Apple so you can have a better idea of when it will be available.

We don't have the bandwidth to do it ourselves but we do have someone else starting on an Android port. When we have some news on that front, we will let you know here as well. :)

18. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Nice game. Just received the first messages by Taylor and after his / our first night, i feel addicted already. I would like to see slower typing by Taylor. If notifications are enabled the old message gets in background when a new one comes in...but there isnt enough time to read the old one before. ......but thats just a first world problem I think :)

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Sounds like an interesting game but concerned about the game length and replayability. I guess as it is more like a choose your own adventure game it is more like a book that clearly has a variety of endings and not as lengthy as a dog or strategy game etc...

I just want to make sure my expectations are set the right way...

As an old school gamer and fan of the original choose your own Adventure books this seems up my alley.

20. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    @3MinMars

This is a dynamite game, and I was riveted. I have an Apple Watch, so I'd play the game on that and my iPhone. It worked great on both platforms!

In my first play through, I died rather early in the game, so it wasn't so bad. The second time around, I corrected an early decision and got to the end. Based on reading this thread (and my analysis of the ending), I discovered I got the best possible conclusion! Yay me!

I am curious, though, you already mentioned the number of negative outcomes, but not the number of positive ones.
    Based on my best possible result, I can only think of two possible positive outcomes. Is that number correct?

Thanks for delivering a great game! I even showed it to a buddy of mine and he bought it immediately...so that's 1 extra sale. :)

Looking forward to future stories with even more interaction from you guys.