Universal Lifeline... (by 3 Minute Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Thanks for getting back to us!

Yeah I am not able to go back it won't allow me to choose any other different story line.

2. redicius

redicius Active Member

May 8, 2014
    #62 redicius, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    Stuck too, and in a moment, like everything was about to happen at once :D So I have to wait a week and hope that this is the problem that you fixed..

Really like the game!

My last line is "(How screwed-up is it that.."

3. Jtrk

Jtrk Member

Apr 25, 2015
    #63 Jtrk, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    No were to go

I had to uninstall the game and restart. I could not go back and choose a different path. I was stuck. Seems to be in the same position as everyone else. Still I love the game.

4. digitalmasterc

Feb 14, 2012
    I loved this game! Taylor died once. Thankfully it happened early. It would have hurt to start over if messed up the final events.

The notification/text message feel of the game really lends to its realism. You don't actively choose to sit down and play. In a sense you're always playing. Taylor would message me very similarly to a text message from a friend This really helped blur the lines between a game and reality. Lifeline became a higher priority. I would leave other app/games mid-session to consult with Taylor. The man is stranded on some planet. I mean thats obviously more important!

I was also forced to spend a couple days with Taylor instead of a single one hour session. My decisions held more weight. I had invested time into Taylor. If I messed up I couldn't quickly return to where I left off. It brought wonderful level of tension. Not something I expect in this genre. In the final scenario I remember the hairs on my neck standing at attention. It was brilliant.

The only fault is the ending. I don't want to spoil anything. I'm not sure what I expected. I think I just expected more. My feeling of success was not on par with the of build up that lead to it. Maybe it couldn't be.

5. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012
    I'm at the end of my first playthrough, but I can't rate the game or restart or do anything

Taylor has escaped in a rescue ship and the last message is in green and it says "connection terminated".

What do I do?

6. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    If you open the menu in the bright gray tray button at the bottom of the screen, do you have a "Restart Story" button available in there?

7. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I'm curious which ending you got! You can spoiler tag it or PM me and I'm happy to discuss if you like :)

8. coccodrillo

Dec 4, 2012
    #68 coccodrillo, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    No, there is no restart button

By the way: the story and the game were great!

Attached Files:

9. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Oh, I do see the problem. You're the first person I've talked to who's made it all the way through to that ending on the first shot! We're submitting an updated build to Apple this afternoon, it will include a fix for that. For now you can delete & reinstall the game, and it will give you a fresh start. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks a bunch for letting me know!

Also, that screenshot might be a little spoiler-y, and now that I've seen it you can take it down ;)

10. coccodrillo

Dec 4, 2012
    Ok,

I try to remove the thumbnail but I don't know how. Reported my own post to the forum administrator ;)

11. SlickKilla

SlickKilla New Member

Apr 27, 2015
    I actually completed the game first try with that ending as well. I'm recieving the same issue.

Fantastic game, btw. I don't get to normally tell the developer directly, but well done. I thouroughly enjoyed the story.

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Absolutely loving this, such a unique experience

13. Jtrk

Jtrk Member

Apr 25, 2015
    How do you know

When you have died. Currently it says Tayler busy. It has been a long time

14. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Taylor is stuck...

Attached Files:

15. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Just won't move beyond this point--and I was so enjoying it!

16. Jtrk

Jtrk Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Stuck

@roleki. If you read previous posts you will see there is a post regarding that and and the upcoming fix.

17. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I just finished the game (just like that screenshot), what an amazing journey it was. Well done devs!

18. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    PSA: Our v1.2 app update was approved by Apple, so if you're stuck at that point in the story please grab the newest version! You may have to back up to the choice right before the point where you got stuck, and make that choice again. Please let me know if you're having any issues still.

This update also fixes the problem where you weren't able to review the last few messages if you come back to the app and Taylor has disconnected, and it vastly improves scrolling on both iPhone and Apple Watch - it will only autoscroll if you're at the bottom of the story log, so it's much easier to scroll back and catch up even while messages are coming in. Super handy in fast mode especially.

19. treasurestudio

treasurestudio Well-Known Member

Just finished it. Taylor died once. Hands down one of the best, most thought provoking games I've played in a long time.

20. Kelekane

Kelekane New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Hello- I think I finished the game (safely), but the ending is the same system message as when you finish badly. Is there a different system message for the optimal ending? Thanks