Universal Lifeline... (by 3 Minute Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Hoot3000

Hoot3000 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Awesome game !! I'm so anxious to see if I have killed him again or not lol.

2. portablegamer

portablegamer Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Glad your here on this forum and reading our impressions! I would like to say that in a sequel or add it to the current game with more interaction with Taylor and actually have a more a choice of what to say to him like how's it going on his long search or walking unread of waiting for him to reply back. Also I agree with more interactions like others have said like
    Internet and search his location would be a nice addition in a future update or game for that matter.

Great game and I am on my second play through since he died in my first one and so far he's alive and well.

3. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Thanks guys, glad to be here!

Fun little tidbit... most people assume Taylor is a dude (I did at first too), but we never actually declare Taylor's gender, and we picked that name because it can be female too (Taylor Swift). On your next playthrough picture her as a girl and see if that changes anything about the story for you.

Haha, better luck next time – at least now you know what to do ;)

4. j.e3diu

j.e3diu Active Member

May 28, 2014
    Amazing game/experience/story. Totally worth the money.

5. ruybalzc

ruybalzc New Member

Apr 4, 2015
    #45 ruybalzc, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    I have a quick question regarding a certain point in the game that I'm at, and I can't tell if the game froze or what, there's no [Taylor is busy] message or anything, s/he just stopped responding abruptly and I haven't gotten anything in hours. I can't find any way to contact you except here. Is there any email or other way of contacting you? I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

Nevermind, I didn't realize I died.

6. fuglyslutRG

fuglyslutRG Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Anyone else finish the game yet? Curious to share and compare experiences and choices (/play styles).

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    An absolutely engaging experience. Kudos to the dev.

8. portablegamer

portablegamer Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Aren't I am at a point of the story where Taylor is talking to me and hasn't respond in a few hours alreadyand hasn't said (Taylor is busy etc). I only ask because this is my second play through and it's just too abrupt.

9. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I think you ran into the same problem @jamulkk and @ruybalzc have. I was looking into this earlier and unfortunately it wasn't found in testing but there's a particular set of choices that can get the game stuck late in the story. You can PM me or spoiler tag the specifics of where you're at to be sure, but I do have a fix for the instance I know about and we're going to submit a fix for this and some other stuff tomorrow. Sorry you ran into it!

If you've already restarted once you should be able to back up to an earlier point and try a different path, hopefully it doesn't lead you to the same problem spot. Again, sorry we didn't catch this bug, but I'm really glad you're enjoying the game otherwise!

10. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    The game is really growing on me (is that correct english?). Awesome, the experience is getting better by the minute!
    Normally I am not so into gamebooks because I sometimes have trouble following everything because English is not my native language.But this game is really good and thrilling.

11. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Thanks so much ColeDaddy, that means a lot!

12. fuglyslutRG

fuglyslutRG Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Thanks... but did you finish the game? :p

13. stolenlogic

stolenlogic Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Ahhhh. Someone send me $3 please lol.
    I am extremely intrigued by the lock screen playability. I have never once seen that on a game.

14. Jtrk

Jtrk Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Help

Well I love the game. Problem. It has stopped. Usually I get a Tayler busy. This time nothing. I can not go forward or back. I hope this is not the way it ends. In limbo. :confused:

15. Jtrk

Jtrk Member

Apr 25, 2015
    PM

how do I PM you 3minmars. I don't know if I am dead or not

16. rangent

rangent Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I think I just "beat it" (it's really hard to tell if you got the best ending in a choose your own adventure game). What an incredible game! Dev, Thank you so much for putting in a Fast Mode! I think I managed to finish on my third or fourth try.

17. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Same thing happened to me. Does this mean Taylor is dead or is it a bug? Also what is the best course of action to take? I see no restart option and tapping on earlier choices does nothing.

18. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    I'm at the same place no option and nothing saying he is busy. He is in mid thought too ... Man :(((

19. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Super, super sorry and my sincere apologies to the folks who are stuck at that spot late in the story. There's a particular set of choices you can make that we missed in testing that lead to that state. Here are some hints to how you might be able to get around it:

The bug is caused by using too many glow rods earlier in the story, so you can try backing up far enough to a point where you have an option to use one, and taking the alternate path. Or if you go back and explore the caravel some more, you should be able to find additional glow rods.

We feel absolutely terrible that this slipped through, and on Monday we will be submitting an update to the app that will fix it. Unfortunately we have no idea how long it will take Apple to review & approve it. We're thrilled that you guys are having fun playing the game though – your support means so, so much to us!!

20. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    i'll get this next week looks promising
    got no more itunes credit for this week
    already spent it on this awesome week :D