Universal Lifeline 2 (by 3 Minute Games, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ann0ying, Sep 22, 2015.

1. BermudaQuads

BermudaQuads Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Anagram?

Great game, really enjoyed it. Not too many meaningful choices I would say, but great story and writing.

A question: Arika Lanphear sounds like an anagram. Anyone figured out what of?

Also a note to the developer: in fast mode on an iPhone 5s, the game seems to actually get "hung up" for a while every time you make a choice. It will take a number of seconds for your choice to appear, and then up to 30 second for the follow-up text to appear (you can't scroll until it unfreezes). Note sure if it is intentional, but it got a little annoying.

2. XSStudio

XSStudio Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Member of TouchArcade
    Not Mars, of course.
    Oh, that latest update 1.3 seems to fix the issue. Thanks! :D

3. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Fascinating game. Managed to get Arika the key, and now to get her to her next goal. It's proving hard. I was getting emotional seeing how badly my first attempt went.

4. johnny.90210

johnny.90210 Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Love this game!

5. XSStudio

XSStudio Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Member of TouchArcade
    Not Mars, of course.
    #25 XSStudio, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Still wondering about the real ending...

OK, so I've finished the story and luckily,
    accomplished the three tasks and returned Arika to her brother
    at my first attempt. And I got this
    black seal
    and
    "you have not seen the last of Arika Lanphear"
    remark. But is that the ultimate (in the "good" way) ending of the story (or,
    is there any seal better than black seal
    )? I mean, I still don't know what
    "Magic is a lie"
    really means, and that
    Rand asking Arika to join him in the Quintessence
    makes me feel a bit uneasy. To me, it's like
    luring Arika away from the real world and never comes back
    , or is that suppose to be the happy ending?

(Come to think of it, I don't really see
    the connecting threads between the two lifeline games except the characters' personalities
    , so I suppose I really haven't seen the real ending of the story yet.)

6. randomname randomly chose

Oct 1, 2015
    #26 randomname randomly chose, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Yes--there is
    white seal
    for the best ending. I found at least
    2 other black seals and a couple endings with green seals!
    . I did get her killed the first time she went for the key, and that ends with
    a red seal
    . I have a feeling that she's
    reunited with Rand in Quintessence
    no matter what, but someone could prove me wrong.

7. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Got the second thing she needed. That was creepy. Just hope I'm on the right path now. Been encouraging her not to dabble in dark magic.

8. RavenX

RavenX New Member

Oct 3, 2015
    I also can only get
    Rand pulling Arika into the Quintessence, with a white seal.
    So many question left unanswered.

I tried other routes after that. I got
    Arika studying with the monks,
    and then the story ends with a white seal, too; and I got a green seal if
    Arika's killed by Greens;
    it seems red seal appears when
    Arika is killed by something other than Greens.

There should be a "perfect ending". Just very curious to see the last of Arika.

9. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    I just found the reference that ties Lifeline 1 and 2 together.
    When describing the changed townsfolk, Arika described them having faint green scars around their mouths. Like Taylor's possessed crew mates after the aliens put things in them to control them.
    It pays to ask Arika about her hometown and what happened there.

10. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    #30 Vendince, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    Got the white seal. Only saw the green seal before.

I do hope the part about not having seen the last of Arika Lanphear means there will be a Lifeline 3.

11. XSStudio

XSStudio Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Member of TouchArcade
    Not Mars, of course.
    #31 XSStudio, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    Oh of course, I totally forgot about that! (Finished L1 a long time ago...) Yes,
    those green things are aliens from L1. Maybe they got into the captain's egg while Taylor was gone or the spaceship when Taylor tried to escape, and were brought to Earth.The aliens have evolved quite a bit since then, I must say.

And about the seals, just as I thought, it's actually quite easy to
    get a white seal: just try your best not to do dark magic (teleportation) and you'll go from black seal to white seal,
    which is a bit boring, because unlike Sorcery! series by inkle, your achievement cannot be carried to the next chapter, so as long as Arika stays alive and met his brother, those seals make not much of a difference (judging from the content of the story, because
    Arika has been doing dark magic for quite a long time, so it makes no difference for her to warp a few more at the very end of her adventure just to save some precious time
    ).

A word to the writer of this game though: so far the two games are easy to crack. As long as
    you choose "conservatively" (always be morally right, always be prudent before rushing to the goal)
    , it will almost always come to a good ending. I do hope the next game will be a bit more challenging. (inkle does a pretty good job on 80 Days and Sorcery! series, maybe the developer would like to take a look?)

12. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Interesting. I can confirm your experience about white versus back seal, as it fits perfectly with my own choices. I wonder if it will ever have any importance in a future instalment.

13. randomname randomly chose

Oct 1, 2015
    I tried a variety of things to try for
    Arika stays to study with monks/white seal
    , but couldn't do it. I had her
    not try to help the orphan at all, kill the monks, and stiff the waitress at the diner--that got her back to Rand, but black seal. I tried changing just being nice at the diner and admitting she was broke after the killing, etc. before--still got the black seal at the end. I've had her get the key and the lantern but not the ribbon. That ends with killing all the greens but not being able to go to Rand--black seal.
    The most inconsistent thing in the story is this:
    if she doesn't eat at the monk's place, she dies thanks to low blood sugar while trying to do magic. But if she skips the diner and doesn't eat before going for the greens, she still can light the lantern and win.

14. Excuse me. I don't know if anyone uses this thread anymore, but I was hoping if you could help me with something. I just finished the tunnel part at the monastery by going the same way so I break out of the time loop. So, Arika went down the single path that formed and went through the door. She says the sees the gate to the chapterhouse, but after that, she doesn't say anything. The text just stops there. Please help. It's been hours and nothing is showing up. Not even one of those [Arika is blah blah blah] messages. Just nothing.

15. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Could you shoot us an email at [email protected] so we can get some more details? If you can include a screenshot that would be the most useful so we can identify exactly what passage you're at in the story. Also are you on iOS or Android, and what device are you playing on? Thanks a bunch!

16. Chief Logan

Chief Logan Well-Known Member

Sometimes that happens when you turn your date and time ahead and turn it back

17. Deathkill

Deathkill New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    3 minute games , why you gotta addict me to the gameessss???? And tease me

How could her story not be over and its been so long I've waited so long to talk to her again (arika) lol, but whyyyy