Universal Levelhead - Platformer Maker (by Butterscotch Shenanigans, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 29, 2020.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    My new level Jem Jump 100 is out now. Took me like 4 hours to make and additional hour to successfully finish it, LOL. Because unless the author can make it through, it won’t be published. But since I’m a total beginner, it’s understandable. I’m sure others find no challenge in it. Anyway, feel free to give it a try: j00zcdj

And because I love you guys, here’s my walkthrough so you can have the advantage over everyone else trying to make it through. But let’s keep it between us, shall we?;)

ste86uk and Anotherkellydown like this.
  2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#82 Anotherkellydown, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    I decided to subscribe to Xbox Gamepass today so I grabbed this and linked my account. Seems like a really good deal and I can always cancel if I want to (yeah right :p).

@macplash - Jem Jump 100 is awesome man! Frustrating as heck but so well made. I collected all the mandatory coins to open up the second half but that’s where I’m stuck now. Those long jumps at the beginning took a bit of practice but I’ve played the level so many times now it’s muscle memory. You’ve also made nice safety platforms for when you miss. Nice job :) Really enjoying playing with an Xbox controller too.

Edit: Beat it about ten minutes after my post. It took me 1m 25.04s so I’m not close to the best time but it was satisfying to finish it. I’m heading back to the campaign for a while but I’m looking forward to your next creation.

macplash likes this.
  3. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Anotherkellydown congrats on beating the level. Apparently it’s not as easy to beat and I got suggestions to use the checkpoints next time. Although I thought it’d make the level too easy. But completion rate is 0,5% so far. Yeah, well.. Onto the next one.:)

Btw, I was told those long jumps has its own terminology: coyote jumps (or coyote time) after Willie E coyote. So we obviously mastered those without even knowing. Nice, right?;)

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I'm still working on your easy level. I told you, I'm slow on the uptake.

macplash likes this.
  5. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #85 PBSNellie, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get into the bureau without running the video? When I do the fast forward it goes back to the main menu. Bug?

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I tried your recent level a few times and just can’t do it yet. Maybe I need to do more practice games still first! I didn’t want to watch the video on how to do it I wanted to see it as others would and it certainly seems challenging and puzzle like.

Good job.

macplash likes this.
  7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk if you mean my last level, don’t even bother. It’s been marked with the highest difficulty (5 orange diamonds) and only 0,9% players finished it. I’ll probably adjust it by adding checkpoints and release it as lite version or something. Play green and yellow levels in the beginning. And campaign. I learned some great moves today. I’m becoming seriously addicted to this game.

ste86uk likes this.
  8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @metalcasket how dare you steal my shoes on my own level?!:D And by a lousy hundredth of a second on top of that! Shame on you!;)

metalcasket and Anotherkellydown like this.
  9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I've been in a full Levelhead mode since the game came out. I didn't play any other game since then. I've been missing a lot lately and it doesn't bother me tbh. Although, I've been absent from the forums as well for which I apologize. It's just - this game's so addictive. There's a fantastic community forming around the game already. The amount of level creations is through the roof. During the one single week with the game I already played almost 800 levels created by other players. 800! What's the production value of the title with such content?

I created few levels of my own. The most successful one is the one from yesterday: Dangerous Journey of GR-18. In one day it's been played for 5000 times and generated 10 hours of playtime by other players. Which is incredible! If you didn't have a chance to try it, please give it a go. I hope you'll have fun with it. I put some serious effort into making it.

Anyway, all I wanted to say: if you're still on the fence about this game for whatever reason, don't be! It doesn't matter if you're into platformers or not, designing levels of your own, casual or hardcore player - there's something for everyone! Guys from Butterscotch Shenanigans are just fantastic! The level of polish they were able to produce, the hilarious design, top-notch programming behind everything - their skills are just unmatched. And they deserve all the fame and support there is for that. I honestly don't care what else is coming this year or what's been released so far - Levelhead is a GOTY of 2020 for me, period. That's all I wanted to share with you.;)

10. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Macsplash, I love how enthusiastic you are about this awesome game. While i'm not quite at your level of playtime or level creation, we can both agree that butterscotch shenanigans are something special and hope for nothing but the best for them. I purchased on Android to play around with level creation and got it on switch to play on my big screen which is awesome. This game is such a great value and I hope it gets the recognition it deserves. Going to play your Dangerous Journey level now!

macplash likes this.