Universal Letterpress Word Game - by atebits

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Oct 24, 2012.

1. AIvin

AIvin Active Member

Sep 6, 2012
    game center name is aivinn for anyone who's up for a game. bored at work, lol.

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    If you tap on your opponent's picture you see the last word they played and the tiles they used give a little shake. I really like it this way since it keeps the information available but not in the way.

3. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Hey, how about that. Thanks for the tip...I'm with you, great idea.

4. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    I am digging this. Completely worth the $1 upgrade. I haven't found a favorite theme yet but they're really cool--and I think I have about 8 games going right now.

After one game I bought it to unlock the ability to play more games at a time. And of course support the dev, the game is genius. Use my $1 on something good?

5. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    It's a surprisingly good game. Something that surprised me was the ability to use swear words. Intentional, Atebits?

6. sebanovic

sebanovic Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Any chance we'll get pass and play on this? I thought for sure it would be there...seems like its be a relatively simple update.

Great game though, can't believe it's free(mostly)

7. floob

floob Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Rematch button would be great

8. AIvin

AIvin Active Member

Sep 6, 2012
    nudge button would be good too

9. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Suggestion: Every few rounds I think one letter should be replaced with another in the bag so more words can be formed.

10. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Any chance of getting dictionaries for other languages? Like German? ;)

11. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I'd love to play in Portuguese (Brazil). In fact, I'd be glad to help translating the game.

12. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    The game hasn't been out for 24 hours! Who're you nudging? :p

13. AIvin

AIvin Active Member

Sep 6, 2012
    No one yet, but possibly in the future? :O

14. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I agree with everyone else - Fantastic game, outstanding design, and I upgraded way faster than I have with any other app.

I also agree with having stats: W/L record, longest word, things like that. I don't even care that much about achievements. Just stats.

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I downloaded an hour ago. Paid for unlock 20 minutes ago. Great game!

I agree about the need for pass and play. That's a no brainer. A perfect fit.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The back and forth in this game is so great. Love it. I do get bit by a bug where it can't send my turn and then I have to manually quit and relaunch (which takes a while) to get my games going again. I hope they can fix that soon. Also it needs manual refresh (pull to refresh?). And rematch button.

17. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

I'm having a lot of what I can only describe as server issues. I don't know who is at fault, the game or Game Center. I'm sure they are getting slammed with traffic. Regardless, it's very annoying. I'll get notifications that it's my turn, including the word the person played, but then the game doesn't show up on my list as my turn. I've had several games end after I played the last word, but the score didn't update, showing for example the score is 5 (me) to 12 (opponent), when really I won 13-8. That's just an example, but it's happened more than once now. I regularly get errors when I play a word, which forces me to exit the game and come back in to play the word again. And, I have an invisible game. All of my active games are up-to-date, but I constantly have a notification badge indicating that I have 1 game to play. Again, annoying.

None of these things are game breaking. They can all be resolved with a simple exit from multitasking and then reopening the game, but the point is that I shouldn't have to do that every time. It's happening in most of my games right now.

Aside from the annoying issues listed here, the game is really great. I hope they work out the kinks soon. There have been some great suggestions here too (stats!, game refresh button, etc.).

18. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I too have experienced a few issues which appear to be server related. Never the less, I can't say enough good things about this game. I hope it becomes an perennial App Store standard.

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yep. It's a 5 star word game hampered by annoying server issues. Hopefully the issues can be resolved.

20. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Couldn't agree more. I did a review of the game and thought pull to refresh was a glaring omission.