Let's Golf vs. Tiger Woods???

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Nate5911, Apr 30, 2009.

?

Tiger Woods or Let's Golf??

1. Tiger Woods Golf

54 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. Let's Golf

64 vote(s)
    54.2%
  1. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Haha yea you can do that and can I be a +3? Haha jk we do need to get back on topic.

2. blk04a4

blk04a4 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    xray tech
    bay area cali
    lol the only thing holding me back is info about a career mode

3. iFonePhanatic

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    #43 iFonePhanatic, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
    Someone who owns TW '09 PLEASE answer his question!
    But I'm guessing it doesn't because they didn't include that on their iTunes page.

4. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    #44 icepulse, May 1, 2009
    I have both, and in the past, I've gone in for Mario and Hot Shots over Tiger, but in this case, EA has really outdone itself.

I was 1 yard from the green and about 9 yards from the pin (in TW). Instead of the recommended pitching wedge, I hit shy with a 6 iron. The announcer cried "the bump and run!" as my ball hopped onto the green, 4 yards from the pin, and rolled the last 4 yards, right up to the lip of the cup. It's exactly how I played it. If that's not fun, I don't know what is! What satisfaction. "Lets Golf!" may look amazing, but it would NOT allow me to use that 6 iron in the same situation.

More control = more skill payoff = more fun, in my book.

5. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Have you guys posted on the thread dedicated to Tiger Woods???
    I bet you would find an answer there or get one there shortly.

6. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I think GL Golf should be in the poll. The graphics are craptastic (maybe slightly less craptastic after a few improvements in the last update) but the gameplay is very, very good.

7. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Why is it that this thread has so many pointless posts made by a few posters complaining about another guy making pointless posts? Are they really unaware of their own complete lack of contribution? (And they seem to be doing this not just in this thread, but in many others).

Anyway, Tiger Woods seems to have more depth, especially when it comes to putting. Let's golf is fun, and looks nice, but it plays like an arcade game rather than a simulation. Tiger woods seems to be more focused on providing a realistic experience, although for some people this may be less fun. Depends how casual you want your golf gaming to be.
    Oh, and Tiger Woods does have a career mode.

8. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    I guess they're different enough it's justifiable to get both. Let's Golf for a more arcade style game aka Mario Golf, and Tiger Woods for a more realistca game, aka.... Tiger Woods.

9. dancom96

dancom96 Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Yeah I have played both games.

Tiger Woods is just too real and not as fun to me.

10. iFonePhanatic

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    #50 iFonePhanatic, May 1, 2009

Yea we did but it just gets buried or goes unanswered

Edit: Never mind it was answered a couple posts ago.

11. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    They are probably ignoring you because you keep blindly asking questions that have already been answered several times. If you took 2 minutes to look through the main thread, you will see several people discussing the career mode. And your question has been answered in this thread as well (EDIT: as it seems you've now noticed).

12. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I have both.

Let's Golf! - Picked up the controls right away and had a blast with it. Don't play it any more due to so many games that come out daily but I spent a couple of hours with it, more than with a bunch of other titles. This thread is making me want to play it some more.

Tiger Woods - I hate the controls so far. I'm going to have to spend some time with it. You have to account for everything (wind, distance, slope, etc.)

LG is casual, has easy controls, and is arcade-y. Tiger Woods is about realism and controlling every aspect of the course and is a true sim.

So far my vote goes to LG.

13. Justom

Justom Well-Known Member

If you want a more realistic style of golf, get Tiger Woods. Let's Golf is more of an arcade-styled game with ambient graphics and a energy-filled soundtrack, while Tiger Woods has more of a "dull" look at times. Tiger Wood's soundtrack is mostly just two commentators giving play-by-play analysis with the occasional environmental sounds. One thing that truly separates Tiger Woods from Let's Golf is its swing mechanic which truly utilizes the touch screen in an intuitive way. Now you will know why you got a nice hit or miss, unlike Let's Golf "generic" swing mechanic.

14. Swordplay

Swordplay Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Chicago
    I like lets golf better, but tiger woods is just as fun with a better season mode. I just like lets golfs cartoony graphics.

15. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Let's Golf was an appetizer for the entrée of Tiger Woods for me.

Tiger is just Tiger. It's a popular franchise made by a popular company that incorporates real golf physics into their games.

Was this game crappy compared to the consoles? Absolutely. Is it the best mobile golf game available right now? Absolutely.

One more thing, change "Sand" to "Bunker". Honestly.

16. Since we are not allowed to comment until trying both I had to try Tiger Golf to be sure. Let's Golf is my favorite by a mile. Having said that I still think xbox Tiger Woods blows them both outta the park but then again we are talking about the iphone. So yea my vote goes to Let's Golf for nailing it right the first time and holding it's own against a $4 more expensive game.

17. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

I'm have a LOT of fun with this game, it takes awhile to get used to the putting but once you do, it's a blast. To this point I've only played TPC Boston, and my back 9 was great. The powerboost is very helpful as well, I'm glad they put that in there, and executed it well too. Overall a great golf sim, there is room for both this and let's golf on my iphone.

18. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    After trying it out on my buddys iPhone... I dont think the controls and gameplay of Tiger has any "simulation" feel to it. I dont blame the devs, its the limitation of the iPhone hardware, I cannot imagine a better control scheme in the iPhone.

So to me it feels just like any other arcade golf game, in which Lets Golf has an edge with half the price, fun gameplay and replay value.

19. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Tiger Woods because Let's Golf has a deal breaking (for me) flaw

I am going to have to give the nod to tiger Woods, because while they are both fun, TW lets you listen to your own music while playing. In fact, you can listen to your own music and still get the sound effects and commentary if you want them.

There is just no way I can play a full 18 holes of golf on LG with nothing to listen to. LG will not even let you turn your music back on after the game starts. If they were to fix this deficiency, I would have a harder time picking between them.

Michael

20. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    I bought TW a little while ago. And I must say that I am entirely impressed. Here are a few bullet points:

• Graphics are NOICE! I even find the low poly trees endearing! The player models are top notch for a phone. Almost PSP quality.
    • Runs very smooth, in comparison to the lag fest that is Lets Golf!
    • The controls are fantastic. Putting backspin is such a breeze now.
    • The ambient sounds are very, very good! And... I can play my own damn music.
    • TONS of modes!
    • Fantastic front end!
    • Worth the 10 bones!

So, overall, I may go back to Lets Golf every now and then. Now I realize why I didn't play very often. On iPhone, at least, the game lags to hell and back. But Gameloft never patches their games. Too bad.

Tiger Woods- 9
    Lets Golf- 7