Let's boycott Sega

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BOWB4ZOD, Jul 17, 2009.

?

No more sega games

1. To hell with sega

54.6%
  2. I will still buy them

12.1%
  3. I don't care

31.2%
  4. What's a sega?

2.1%
  1. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is...I love these games they are porting. They are just crappy ports and WAY over priced for what they are. Make a better port OR make the game .99 cents

2. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I can't boycott Sega (huge fan of Valkyria Chronicles and upcoming Bayonetta), but I'll boycott Sega iPhone games.

3. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    That's right, they have some notable releases.

Agreed!

Anyway, Sega is really trying to make a a quick buck off of us. Switching the ROM file in each app they produce? Get out of here. Make us a real Sonic game, that isn't a stinking port.

4. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    The poll results indicate you do want Sega to go to hell so I am going to call you a liar.

To hell with sega
    Acidbottle, armoredisamu, backtothis, barl, beachmusic, bjornkeizers, BOARDUMB, BOWB4ZOD, coolman, eggzbacon, elrey117, Eng, fluffyguitarist, Frant, HJJ, indyraider4, IzzyNobre, Jacson-X, JavierDavalos, jecebn, Johannvonstranovic, Joshn, kingkong120, LBG, LordGek, Marioman619, Maythius, mgondek, monk666, psyguy71, randomdude, Reaganomics, Sainter, sf49lu, skim365, Slayer_megadeth, Spiral75, Stykman, Tarcin, theone1007, thevagrant, tkukoc, Twazzock, wiggyboard, William, YungAssassin_BHB
    46 51.69%

I will still buy them
    1337brian, DOG87, donkei, jn2002dk, Kyoshin, markx2, Phi6, rojaz, super6ft7
    9 10.11%

I don't care
    'Jeep, Ajg3, Alichan76, Aurora, CaseyLay, daveak, drelbs, fletchnuts, GodSon, goldglover411, Grouick, Hodapp, HP Sauce, JoshC., Kamazar, PacSun4dc, Pug4Death, Rocketman919, Ryan4454, S.I.D. CrAzY, skamando, SoCal_Sponger, spursrule, STP_Tim, SunLanding, Tavoss, TechPadProductions, The Game Reaper, weirdelf, xXKaMiKaZeeXx, Zandog
    31 34.83%

What's a sega?
    chukwuka13, Medeival, Sukal
    3 3.37%

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Hooray for indifference!! :D

I don't care
    'Jeep, Ajg3, Alichan76, Aurora, CaseyLay, daveak, drelbs, fletchnuts, GodSon, goldglover411, Grouick, Hodapp, HP Sauce, JoshC., Kamazar, PacSun4dc, Pug4Death, Rocketman919, Ryan4454, S.I.D. CrAzY, skamando, SoCal_Sponger, spursrule, STP_Tim, SunLanding, Tavoss, TechPadProductions, The Game Reaper, weirdelf, xXKaMiKaZeeXx, Zandog

6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Well, there's no other options for "I agree". I didn't create or name the poll, and for the record, I don't want Sega to burn in Hell. I want them to care enough about the iPhone to put time and effort into their releases, that's all. I'm pretty sure I was clear on my position on this matter, and that I didn't want to start an argument about it, but since you bring up that I voted in the poll and are calling me a "liar", I guess you really DO want to start an argument. Talk about noble and mature...

7. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

honestly this is a pointless thread, it seems it was made just to vent. Its your own faults for making an impulsive decision to get their games. Sega made some bad games, the world still turns

8. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I don't want to argue. I boycott liars. :p

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Fine! Then to Hell with everything!!! :D

I'm gonna go start a thread that is "Should Sega put more time and effort into their iPhone releases?" and have a poll that very clearly states "yes" or "no" so there is no confusion on the matter... Ok just kidding, my brain already hurts too much from this thread.

I guess I'll just go play the Streets of Rage port I just downloaded.... ZING!
    (Footnote: I didn't actually d/l it, that would make me a liar)

10. Gizmoe

Gizmoe Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Student
    Texas...(not really)
    i dont understand why people are getting mad at sega....sega didint force u to buy those apps...if u notice sonic was not a good port then y even bother buying golden axe or streets of rage without lookin a the review...if u would look at a review u would see their not so good...but yet u still buy them..that is ur own fault and u should be disapointed at urself..

11. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Fair enough. ;)

12. LonerATO

LonerATO Active Member

Mar 23, 2009
    As someone who used to work in the video game industry I would say that you have to enjoy your job to work 60-80 hr weeks and then the super crappy crunch weeks. Please don't make it sound like some of us that worked for studios droned along making games we didn't enjoy working on. I would differently shell out 9.99 for each of the Phantasy Star games if SEGA ported them over.

13. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    If reviews say it sucks, I won't buy it, and vice-versa. I mean, if I boycotted SGN because of all their MMO things, I wouldn't buy F.A.S.T, right? I'm not boycotting it entirely, but it just so happens that I don't like their games.

14. hex_me

hex_me Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Estimator
    Earth
    They've Fu#ked up another classic game it's total bullshit. I was ecstatic when I saw sor was available but it's unplayable on 3GS those lazy shits.

15. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

I dont think it will affect segas sales much if all of us dont get it

16. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Quite. As it stands, with 58 people boycotting, Sega will loose out on a whopping £202.42 (285.44USD)!!! Minus whatever cut Apple takes. Sega will sleep without too much trouble tonight me thinks.

17. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    Thank god for forums like TA... I almost hit the purchase button when I saw Streets of Rage first appear... that would have been a huge mistake.

We have to vote by not purchasing these terrible ports... hopefully low sales might prompt them to listen but then again there is always the danger that they decide not to do anymore ports.

Lets hope that just go for a big improvement!

18. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

O wow, 285.44, that isnt worth anything, Im sure they wont miss 285.44, they r a multi million dollar company

19. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    The problem is Sega still thinks emulated games are of good value and they are trying to make too much $ off of their old ported emulated games. This is 2009 not 1999.

20. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Must disagree. Obviously games and killing children (in real life) can't be compared. You went waaaay too far with the analogy. This is a game's forum, not a political/social one. Isn't there a board for that anyway?

I say keep boycotting. Even if the apps are playable, they cost waaaay too much for what they are... barebones ports of 20 year old games.