Let Them Come - bringing back the brutality of the 90s!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KlemenL, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, they did.. Pffffft! #
    Hope this game is good without all the BS monetization like the above game....... #

2. KlemenL

KlemenL Member

Billy, sorry to disappoint, hope to make it up when I release later in the year :)

3. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Can't wait any longer! All about this game looks darn good.

4. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    Welp, just got on the hype train for this. The trailer looks sweet and I love the art style and general atmosphere. Someone else brought up Metroid and Alien, I'm definitely getting those sci-fi action horror vibes here. Does anyone remember the arcade game Xenophobe?

I'm curious what the control method will be (how do you aim/shoot)? The trailer shows a grenade throw, will you tap where you want it to go, etc. MFi support?

5. KlemenL

KlemenL Member

Thanks! I'm glad the atmosphere is coming across well, all of those are definitely an inspiration. The entire premise of the game is about capturing that feeling of "holy shit this is it, I'm getting swarmed and can't escape!"

About the control scheme, to aim you use your thumb on the slider on the left (you can invert the axis of movement if you wish) and to shoot, throw grenades and use the knife you hold or press the item buttons on bottom right, see image below:

[​IMG]

I found this control scheme to be the best at giving you the same feeling of engagement and speed as with the mouse and keyboard (without you obstructing the screen). The game can feel just a little more difficult on mobile, but I'm working on that. I've not thought of MFi support yet, but it's something I might consider. Does anyone know how common MFi controllers are these days?

6. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    That makes sense and looks like it'd work well. Although, looking at the screenshot, I wonder if the bottom part of my thumb would cover the health indicator/animated face while aiming. Maybe put the slider pinned to the lower left instead of vertically centered, and put the face in the upper left? I can't say since I haven't actually tried it, but just a guess.

I can't speak to how common they are, but here's a thread about them: The current state of MFi controllers. On the topic of MFi controllers, it occurs to me this title might be a good fit for porting to Apple TV, too - relatively simple controls would make the siri remote a possibility (swipe for aim, buttons for firing?), plus potential MFi support.

OK, now I've signed you up for two new features in one day, I better quit while I'm ahead! :D

7. KlemenL

KlemenL Member

This is actually not an issue, at least not with how people that tried the game hold their devices, they come in with their thumb from the side, and bend it up and down in a way that doesn't obscure the screen below the slider.

Thanks for that MFi thread! Honestly, that would be pretty easy to support and it would likely attract the MFi demographic. Apple TV is an interesting idea too, it's something I've thought about before.

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    The game looks so fun. I think everyone is going to be picked back up when it releases . I was really bummed but my friend was able to try it live and in color.
    Anytime something keeps getting dropped or pushed back I lose interest but at release everyone will for sure pick it up especially since it's amaZing

9. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    this game looks so fun and cool !

10. Heboi456

Heboi456 Member

May 4, 2012
    Come on Been Waiting Since 2015 for this Game :(

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow... this looks excellent! Love the lighting you have going on.

12. teknalb

teknalb Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2015
    I saw this game has come out on steam, what's the release date for iOS?

13. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Oh wow! This looks BA!! Can't wait to see what my newest iPad Pro 10.5 can do with it.

14. KlemenL

KlemenL Member

Phew, it took awhile but I'm very happy to finally say Let Them Come is available on the App Store!

https://t.co/ZftU0yPNob

I also wanted to take this opportunity to share some breakdowns on how I achieved some of the graphical features of the game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

15. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Updated for iphone x?

16. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    ugh.

Should have waited for an answer, not optimized for iphone x and controls feel a bit unresponsive

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    ThatÂ’s a huge disappointment. Been following this on and was psyched to see it was out. Both points you made were my two questions as well.

18. KlemenL

KlemenL Member

No engine support for iPhone X specific adjustments yet I'm afraid! Can you elaborate on "a bit unresponsive"? I tested the game on multiple iPhone and iPad devices to ensure a good experience.

In the game settings you can switch to "mini controls" to make some controls easier to reach on large devices and you can invert the aim axis if you wish.

19. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I was waiting for this game, as well as many others, and now it's here without any wistle and blowing, out of the blue. (Well, i don't have twitter or any other social stuff). Oh, and i'm not complaining, lol.

Though, i'm complaining this...after changing to the little controls (and vice versa!), i got this error screen. After pushing "ok", i'm sent to my home-screen. Playing on an iphone 7, vers. 10.3.3.

Another complain would be this...after i wanted to exit the game (in the middle of a wave), i'm left with with this frozen screen. Only quitting the app helps.

Other than these two points, the game plays nice, but since i only played for two minutes, i can't tell precisely on the controls. Right of the bat i would say that they need a bit to get used too - slide your left thumb up and down. And you might to crank up the briteness of your phone, it is very dark otherwise (but with lovely beautiful colors if the monsters explode).

PS: No little video and no nice pictures are on the app store. Not the best presentation, imho.

Attached Files:

20. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world