Let Them Come - bringing back the brutality of the 90s!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KlemenL, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    The stuff of nightmares.

2. KlemenL

KlemenL Member

Here's a couple of new grenade types I'm developing.

Shock Grenade - all electric damage temporarily stops the enemies in their tracks and deals a high amount of damage. Damage amount is not static, it varies with every zap.
    [​IMG]

Incendiary Grenade - anything that's on fire gets damaged, but the damage is spread out over a longer time. Enemies moving across burning areas will also catch fire.
    [​IMG]

3. CalebHall1

CalebHall1 Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    Man this looks great I love pixel art. How deep will the customization be? Also I'm a producer and I'd love to contribute some tunes

4. applicattura

applicattura Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    I will for sure try this game :) Looks great.

5. FlyingC

FlyingC Active Member

Aug 15, 2015
    the trailer sold me, looks excelent

6. KlemenL

KlemenL Member

@CalebHall1 Get in touch, I'm looking for music contributors!

Thanks for the kind words again everyone.

In case you missed it in the trailer, here's a look at one of the Boss creatures. You'll have to bring the level boss down at the end of each level to advance, you better come prepared!
    [​IMG]

7. KlemenL

KlemenL Member

Forgot to answer about customization. You'll be able to customize the way you fight quite a lot. Sometimes experimentation might be necessary to defeat a particular wave of creatures or bring down a Boss.

Here's the current breakdown for the items:

Secondary - a lot of variety here, from throwing knives to chainsaws.
    Ammo - piercing, bouncing, explosive,...eventually you can have two active at the same time.
    Grenades - see my recent post for a couple of new ones I've recently implemented.
    Weapon Upgrades - modify your weapon's performance, rate of fire, shock absorption, scope,...
    Perks - these can modify the gameplay in more significant ways, such as giving you double damage or an automated sentry.

8. cbecks_noble

cbecks_noble Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2015
    pixel pusher @ cwade games
    Coquitlam BC
    Holy crap man this just gets better and better. I really can't wait. nice work!

9. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    @KlemenL, any update on the release? Still waiting patiently. By the way I was just looking at the stuff you've posted here and I really think my favorite thing about the game is the lighting. It looks really cool in the pictures.

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    When can we play this game. Freaking amazing

11. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    When should we be expecting this I've been waiting since I first heard about it plz release soon I'm so ready to play

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Go ahead and add me to the list of being excited for the release of this!#

13. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    So looking forward to this!

14. KlemenL

KlemenL Member

#34 KlemenL, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Hey everyone, sorry for not checking in, it's been a busy couple of months! Here's an update on some of the new content for Let Them Come

New levels:

The Airlock
    Careful with explosives, breaking the glass will result in catastrophic depressurization.
    [​IMG]

Tram Station
    This is the darkest level of the game, you'll need to use your weaponry as a light source.
    [​IMG]

New enemies:

Wyrm - shots projectiles and burrows.
    [​IMG]

Dangler - Moves along the ceiling and poops eggs that spawns tiny spiderlings.
    [​IMG]

I can't be too specific regarding a release date yet but it's definitely happening this year :D

Thanks,
    Klemen

15. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Looks great! Looking forward to play it.
    But makes me wish it would be a metroid/action platformer, kind of the old aliens game.

16. KlemenL

KlemenL Member

Too late to change the design now but if it does reasonably well a sequel might be in store! :)

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Thank you dev for the beta add! I can't wait! This game really looks like fun! If I could pre-order I actually would do so!

LET THEM COME!

Billy

18. KlemenL

KlemenL Member

Quick update.

A lot of you have been asking about the beta and I'm sorry to say but I won't be able to offer that anymore...sorry if I hyped you up!

There's a reason behind it though and it's good news. I have partnered with a publisher Versus Evil! This means the game has a greater chance of success and you'll be able to get a taste at some shows!

Let Them Come was at EGX Rezzed in London recently:

[​IMG]

For announcements about upcoming shows follow my twitter at @klemen_lozar and @vs_evil

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Never heard of versus evil. That sucks they won't let you do a beta now. I was really looking forward to it. When will the game be released then?

Billy

20. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Versus Evil just released the Fear the Walking Dead tactical runner game, Dead Run.