Universal Leo's Fortune (By 1337 & Senri LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    i'm thinking often how great it would be to have Trine 2 (only played 2 because the first one is not on xbox live)on my iPad.Another beautiful game.

Oh,and i love Leo's icon too.In fact i love everything about this game,lol.
    Except the length,but i also see myself trying to get as much stars as possible.

in some level you can collect some"huge"stars or something like that.What are they for?

2. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Wow. So I plunked down my five bucks and holly shit this game is amazing. Great soundtrack. Puzzles are clever and fun to watch but never frustratingly hard. That's not to say getting three stars on every level is easy. Basically u will have to run each level multiple times to get the time attack star. But that aside this game screams polish. Probably the most smoothly animated character I've ever seen and the controls are very intuitive and feel just right. This game is a showpiece for what games can look like on the ipad iPhone Platform games go back to the roots of what made video games popular and this game follows a tried and true formula perfect. Great job devs

3. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #123 Lazer Kat, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    This game is truly special.
    The graphics are really well done and original.
    The controls feel flawless.
    The level design is clever with the perfect combination of puzzles and platforming.
    Even the story is intriguing.

5 Stars all the way; deserving of a spot on my short list for GOTY.

4. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Great game, one of the best platformers on iOS and indeed a contender for GOTY.

I also like that it's charting well :)

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep totally agree. Proves that if its a good game people will buy it, hopefully we'll get more premier priced games.

Played more levels last night, taking my time with this, loving those graphics

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I am playing and finishing all of my iOS games back catalog, only Oceanhorn remains to be finished -and currently on it- and then I will have just my favorite games installed, 17 of them. Some sort of fresh start again to new games. Then Leo´s Fortune will be mine.

7. whooley

whooley Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Love the game, the visuals and the voice acting. It really has oodles of character.

If there's one criticism (and it's a very petty criticism) it's such a beautiful world, it's almost a shame that you're rushing through it to build up speed or beat the time, there's no real incentive to explore.

Finished the game yesterday, but can't imagine how frustrating it would be to get the no-deaths stars on all levels.

8. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I cant hold it together anymore, read a lot of reviews and the comments here and I need it now. Buying.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You won't regret it Frosty. It's god tier platforming goodness.

10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Your comment makes me speed up the whole purchasing process xD

11. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Can u tell what are those 17games? :)

12. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Of course:

Badland
    Duet
    Futuridium EP
    Bit.Trip Run
    Adventure Beaks
    Out There
    Worm Run
    Slayin
    Threes
    Microtrip
    Darklings
    Leaping Legend
    Impossible Road
    Tilt to Live 2
    Wayward Souls
    Darkin <--- incoming top notch marvelous super fun gem, super platinum score from me.

And Glorkian Warrior, which I kind of exhausted due to intensive testing...
    And Hordes of Heroes, which I am debating deleting since Darkin owns it and its freemium....

13. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Hope you enjoy it. Let us know your thoughts once you've had a chance to play Leo's Fortune for a while.

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    WAIT. You've played Darkin?!

15. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    This game reminds me so much of Badland, except in a different, but very enjoyable, art style.

Anyone else get this feelin'?

16. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I thought that too at first. Personally like this game better. More personality and humor here along with gorgeous graphics.

17. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Agreeable. I've played Badland through and through, but Leo's Fortune is new, and I like new things. After playing Badland over and over, it gets pretty boring doing the same thing over and over again, y'know.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    He's...he's beta testing it. *gnaws at chain and tries to attack Frosty*

19. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    So far, the amount of polish is beyond anything I ever seen in a long time... the voice acting, the graphics, the sound and the controls (prefer buttons and visible) are incredible, beyond any belief I had. Now to venture into the gameplay...

Beta testing is such a strong word here. Its just praise from my part, a lot of praise. I dont even know how I got it, never had that intention, but the developers are really cool guys and after a nice chat, I got it. And man I am addicted.

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Every time I look at Leo I laugh. He's a brilliant main character, I can see him being an iOS staple for years to come.

Easily the new Rolando we've been looking for :D