Universal Leo's Fortune (By 1337 & Senri LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Aravon17

Aravon17 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2014
    This game is Art in Motion.

2. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    What a beautifully made game! I bought "Wayward Souls" first due to the hype, and just don't 'get' it. There must be a lot of Dungeon Masters out there; I just get mobbed by bats or hordes of armoured bad guys.
    Leo's Fortune is absolutely fabulous, the attention to detail and game-play is astounding. A pleasure to watch, never mind play!!
    Well done devs!!

3. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    This....is a masterpiece!!!

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Are more levels planned?

5. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Number 1 paid app (all categories) in the US store. Let's hope it continues :)

6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Just finished the game. Such a satisfying gaming experience. Now off to get three stars for each level or attack the newly opened hardcore level!

7. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    That's what I wanna know! More hard levels!

8. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I would like to be able to flexible button placement. They are positioned way to high on an iPad 4

9. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I feel the same about people who go on pointless angry rants rather than making a polite bug report to the developers.

10. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    This game reminds me a lot of Trine - the narrator's voice, the mystical music, the lush environments, physics based puzzle platforming, etc.

Also the whole floating/gliding mechanic when you puff up reminds me of the umbrella from Yoshi Story on N64 ;P

Still, this game makes its own distinct style and is a really solid and overall enjoyable experience. Dem photorealistic graphics... *drools*

11. mintyray

mintyray Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    This is one of those games where an icon design could make A LOT of difference.
    I truly love this game and saw it a couple of times before but never bothered to check it out until I read a feature about it. (Sorry, just imo.)

12. HarryWarden

Aug 22, 2012
    I personally love the icon. Leo is adorable.

13. mintyray

mintyray Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I agree, Leo is adorable. But when I saw this app at first I thought it was gonna be a cheap me-too ios platformer. Then when you play the game you didn't expect the polish and quality. Maybe that's their intention. Anyway, congrats to the dev!

14. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Really enjoying this a lot, tons of replay value as well. Getting 3 stars isn't so easy! Also the levels are fairly long with a good amount of puzzle solving as you get further & further into the game. Good stuff!

15. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    really glad to see this!

16. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Just finished my first playthrough and i want a sequel like yesterday.

This game is pure majesty.

Every damn aspect of it. It's place on my phone is assured for at least the next year.

And that ending brought a tear to my eye.

Bravo, devs. Bravo!

17. HarryWarden

Aug 22, 2012
    What are you supposed to do on the last level with that C-shaped thing that you rotate with switches, etc.

18. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco

Try pushing an L-shaped object into the Pac mouth.

19. HarryWarden

Aug 22, 2012
    #119 HarryWarden, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    Got it. Beat the game. Absolutely brilliant with a surprisngly good story for such a game. Sequel please!!! :)

20. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    This game deserves so much more recognition!

Having played many ios platformers over the past few years, and after 30 years of gaming, I don't think I've ever seen such a well polished, fun and gorgeous looking platformer. Everything, right down to the amazing voice acting (Leo is played by Enn Reitel, a Scottish actor who has voiced characters in games like Dishonored and Skyrrim, as well as films such as Tintin, The a Prestige and The Corpse Bride).

Very, very good gameplay mechanics (including a lot of quite clever physics based puzzles) and great level design.

If you look through the credits for the game you can see just how much work has gone into the game - one of the ios games of the year IMHO.