Universal Leo's Fortune (By 1337 & Senri LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 23, 2014.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You know, under different circumstances I would have called you crazy for wanting tilt controls, but I just made a connection and it dawned on me that "HOLY SHIT, THESE ARE THE GUYS THAT MADE ****ING DARK NEBULA!" and now I'm like "hey, wai no tilt controlz". :p Still would go with touch though. :p

2. Hejden

Hejden Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I think that tilt controls could work well when just moving around, but it's more tricky when you want to stand completely still. In the game there are plenty of places where you need to stay still in order to slightly shift the balance of a platform or to stay on a small ledge without falling off. I think tilt controls works a whole lot better for a game like Dark Nebula where you're constantly on the move.

3. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Yes, they do have Dark Nebula to attest to their skills, and also don't forget the old classic Rolando. :) Hooey, I sure wish that game had been updated to retina / wide-screen! :(

4. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    There's plenty of staying still in Rolando. ;)
    You could have a "dead zone" of a few degrees either side of horizontal, where no movement takes place, and then only start the moving when the phone tilts past that angle.

5. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    This game is featured as "Editor's Choice" on the front screen of the App Store!
    Congratulations! :)

6. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    The year is only 33 percent over but Leo's Fortune (my humble prediction) will have a chance at winning GOTY in different categories on various reputable websites. Wow!!

7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Wow thanks for the reply!!!!!! It is a buy then for me!!!!!!! By the way you have done an outstanding work here. Would happilly pay 20€ for this one with so many hours of gameplay. I would buy this game just looking at the screenshots. Off to the Appstore now...

8. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Wow, this game is truly beautifully done. Congrats you guys. Devils Attorney is one of my all time favs. I like platformers even better, this one is going to kill my free time :)

9. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    ^^^^^^^ nail on head ^^^^^^^^

10. FIFTHSUN2012

FIFTHSUN2012 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Holy crap, and to think I almost passed on this one. Outstanding job, this is why I play IOS games in addition to my 360.

11. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    Yeah get both games I did you won't regret it. :D

12. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    I saw that congrats guys well deserved! :D

13. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    This game is too good to be forgotten and it made Editor's Choice. :D

14. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    This game will blow-your-mind. This is in a whole other ballpark than most ios games.

This and wayward +
    2014 is looking bright boys

15. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Game is nigh-perfection, in my most humble opinion.

The presentation is beyond reproach. No, it's beyond beyond reproach. Voice acting is impeccable. And i already feel like i got my money's worth.

Not sure how the game performs on other devices.

But on my 5S?

The game is bananas.

And since i want more titles like this (no IAPs, no shitty Gameloft always online eventhoughipaidgoodmoney crap) i hope the entire world supports this. Because i already know (though i haven't completed a first run-through) i want a sequel. Leo is the MAN!

I hope Implosion exceeds my expectation like this title.

Bravo, devs. You make me proud to be an iOS gamer.

Also, i just made some bomb-ass brownies. And i don't know which is sweeter: them or Leo's Fortune.

16. Pm23

Pm23 Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Game Impressions

First impression: Great game.

Second impression: Completely unplayable.

Explanation: This whole 'download in the background' thing means that effectively you cannot play the game unless you have a constant internet connection. I live in New York City, I take the subway a lot -- the only way I can play this while traveling (which is basically where most people play) is if I open it at home and wait around until the "extra content" has loaded up.

Yeah, that's not happening every time I leave the apartment and want to play Leo's Fortune.

In many years of iOS gaming this is the first time where I've actually requested (and been granted) a refund. The game is basically unplayable for all practical purposes.

And that guff about wanting to cater to people with limited data plans? Sorry, people with such limited data plans are not paying $5 for an app anyway. This is (for the app store) a high-end game. The developers should have acted classy, not trashy.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Excuse me? Did you even take a second to read through this thread or even use some common sense? The game doesn't need a constant internet connection. It downloads Levels 8 and on in the background ONCE and then ceases to EVER ask for or use a connection.

18. Hejden

Hejden Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    - When you've downloaded the game from the App store, you can play the first seven levels of the game without any internet connection.

- When you start the game for the first time, the remaining data starts to download (which is approximately 180mb). You can play while the data is downloading as long as you have either a cellular data or wi-fi connection.

- When the data is done downloading, you can play freely without any internet connection.

I'm sorry that this was not clear enough, but I still hope that you're willing to give it another try because I think you'll like it.

19. Pm23

Pm23 Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Well it's not working for me using an iPhone5 -- I've closed the app three times and each time I re-open it, it attempts to download the extra content.

Sorry, you've made a largely great game*, but why are you hampering its chances of being a success by doing this? Tons of games are over 100mb+ as an initial download. This system you're choosing is just a mess.

* I think the touch controls are great, but my only criticisms are the Rick Dangerous-style try-and-lean sections (some parts of the levels are so dark you just jump into them knowing that you're gonna die and have to "learn" to do it differently); plus I feel like there's a few frames of animation lacking with Leo -- when he puffs up in the air it's definitely an abrasive movement. A smoother transition would be more befitting of the rest of the game.

20. Pm23

Pm23 Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Not true -- after downloading them the first time, it had to download them the next three times I opened the app.

But anyway, why chose such a finicky system? Why not just one download and do away with all this? It's a premium game that I want to support, but instead of enjoying it I feel like I'm shopping in the bargain basement and the final product has a huge flaw.