Universal Leo's Fortune (By 1337 & Senri LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 23, 2014.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Anyone?

2. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    This game looks amazing!! Glad to see a game that isn't free with IAP!! Take my money!!

3. Hejden

Hejden Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Hi guys, my name is Anders Hejdenberg and I work as a game designer / artist at 1337 & Senri (the four person team that made this game). I thought I´d answer some of the questions you had in the thread:

You just need internet to download the app data (approximately 180Mb). When that is done you don´t need a permanent connection.

The game works perfectly on iPhone 4S.

The following completion times are for an experienced gamer:

If you just want to complete the game, it will usually take around 2-3 hours.

If you want to unlock all the bonus levels I´d say that´s an additional hour to get enough gold stars.

If you want all the gold stars, you´re looking at maybe eight hours.

The first time you complete the game, you unlock the Hardcore mode where the objective is to get as far into the game as possible without dying. Completing that will probably take a few days, but once you´ve done it there´s a bit of a surprise :).

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow...this ****ing game came out of nowhere and in just a matter of minutes has stolen my heart. It's true, the amount of personality Leo oozes out of his mustache is insane, and the level design is masterful. Both enjoyable and tough, especially if you're looking to 3 star all the levels. I can't recommend this enough. :) Hopefully folks will give this some love.

Hejden, is there any chance you guys may reconsider the data downloading from within the app and just have a larger download on the App Store? Considering Devil's Attorney and the Dark Nebula games (and their re-releases, for that matter) have never left my iDevices, I don't think Leo will ever be deleted either, but ehhh...I dunno. My download's well under way now, but it's been hitting a few random pauses and a couple of "No Internet Connection" errors along the way.

Oh, and lastly...any plans for Android?

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer

you guys are awesome! :cool:

6. Hejden

Hejden Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    We may do a full download at some point, but right now we really need to get under the 100 mb limit for 3G download. The reason is simply that if we don't, our sales are cut in half. It seems like a lot of people don't have wi-fi when they're downloading games, and then they just forget about it when they get home.

I'm sorry to hear that there were some pauses while downloading. We're using Amazon for data hosting, and they will gradually move data around to different locations around the world based on where people are downloading. So it may be that the first people who buy the game may not get an ideal download location. But this will get better as more people download the data.

We will be releasing an Android version as well, but we don´t have a set date for that. But we´re talking maybe two months, so not too far away.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Ahhh, yeah...I completely forgot the 3G download limit had been increased to 100 MB. Makes sense, and thanks for still keeping your options open.

As for the pauses, they seem to have stopped and I'm about 3 minutes to finishing, so it's all good. :)

Android version's in the pipeline, you say? Oh well, I guess that's another 5 bucks from me. ;) Always been a big fan, and that doesn't look like it's changing any time soon...so I'm glad I still have options to support you guys.

8. Hejden

Hejden Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    It's thanks to fans like you that we're still in business, and not just from a financial standpoint. We want to create games that people really enjoy, and it really means a lot to us when we hear from people like you. Thank you, it's very much appreciated!

9. stolenlogic

stolenlogic Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    It's a really great game. The price is a bit much for some, but the levels are long and challenging.
    If you liked limbo, this is a game you'll love.

10. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Wow , just wow! Played through the first level and I am amazed. The attention to detail is amazing, controls are fluid and I love the interaction with the objects. Everything oozes quality and really shows the love that was put into this game. Only played the first level but I think three starring the levels will be quite a challenge so all these things combined makes this a must buy ! The price is just the reflection of the quality you will get!

11. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    An absolutely fantastic platformer. I bought this in its looks alone, thinking that if the gameplay was at least half decent it would make the purchase worthwhile. However I've just finished the first world and have to say its a fantastic game. The controls are spot on, the graphics are of course superb and the platforming is enjoyable, challenging and makes great use of physics puzzles. All in all an amazing game worth every penny of the £2.99 paid for it.

12. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    ...and how can £2.99 be too much? I've paid more than that for a cup of coffee before now. It's also got a fun and engaging story (for a platformer) as well as tons of character in the models and environments. But I've got to go - why talk about the game here when I could be playing it?

13. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    What other games did you make?

14. Hejden

Hejden Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Our previous mobile games were Dark Nebula 1 & 2, and Devil's Attorney.

15. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    This is ace. And it's a perfect price point, the more games of this quality for this price with no Iap the better

16. yohan1234

yohan1234 Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Programmer
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Hey!

I'm Johan Knutzen, one of the two programmers of this game.

Just wanted to say that even though the download has to finish in order for you to play level 7 and beyond, it downloads in the background while you are playing.

You don't need to wait for it to finish before starting the first level and if you have a decent internet connection, there is big chance that it will finish before you complete level 6!

17. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #37 Crabman, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    ah ok.Dark Nebula sits still on my ipad,like it.

regarding the download:i'm a bit confused.I have a long bus travel tomorrow without internet connection.So,can i download the whole game before i start to play it (want to start on the bus)or not?

18. yohan1234

yohan1234 Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Programmer
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Yes you can. If you have a wifi connection, the downloader will start as soon as you start up the game once. You don't need to have it in the foreground in order for it to download. You just need to start the game once in order for it to start.

If you are on a 3G/4G/Edge connection, you'll need to have the game in the foreground in order for it to download. You'll also have to go into options and check "Download using cellular data" in order for it to start. This is because we don't want people to accidentally download 180MB if they have a limited plan.

Once the download has finished, you don't need an internet connection and you'll be able to play on the bus!

19. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    That's a clear explanation,thanks.Can't wait to play it :)

20. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Same dev as DN 1 and 2? Some of my favorite games for the iOS. The pedigree explains the creative level designs, the lush environment and engaging soundtrack. This is definitely my GOTW even with Wayward Souls launching on the same date.