Universal Leo's Fortune (By 1337 & Senri LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 23, 2014.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I picked this up in the sale due to all of its praise here and everywhere else. I haven't really gotten into many iOS platformers but am really liking Bean Dreams so looking forward to trying this.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #222 undeadcow, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Year 2014 Candidate

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Leo's Fortune was successfully nominated for voting in the Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Year 2014 poll; voting will occur over the next 7 days (through January 7). Developers are asked not to vote for their own game or recruit votes outside of Touch Arcade.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=249263

3. skippycue

skippycue Member

Jan 18, 2015
    #223 skippycue, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Managed to become the fourth person to beat hardcore mode last night with the second fastest time! :). I got to level 20 about 6 times before finally not screwing it up due to nerves lol. In fact the first time I got there in hardcore mode I died on the very last obstacle with the spinning blades... I nearly had a nervous breakdown! At any rate, this game needs to be released for Playstation network and Xbox live. Please consider that! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. skippycue

skippycue Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Well, I managed to beat my previous hardcore run and grab the top spot! And I got it all captured on video! :)

http://youtu.be/0gt7oVLsGBQ

[​IMG]

5. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Congratulations! That's quite a feat.

6. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Any suggestions if I want to do that too?

7. skippycue

skippycue Member

Jan 18, 2015
    #227 skippycue, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    It took me loads of practice and you'll notice a few spots in the run where I still botched up a bit. Someone could definitely beat that time if they tried hard enough. :). Basically I would play through until I died and then go back and practice that spot until I was confident I wouldn't die there again. I can give specific tips if you get to a spot you want help with. Perhaps I will annotate the video and add some tips in there based on my experience.

EDIT: I have added annotations to the video explaining some of the trickier parts I had to practice.

8. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    A pretty and polished platformer that unfortunately suffers from a lack of mechanics to make it truly interesting. While the level design is solid, Leo's 'jump, float, expand' was never enough to make the journey any more than a lackluster process of traversing from point A to point B.

Not a bad game by any means, but not one I felt excited to play. Unfortunately, the full Premium experience wasn't enough to change this either.

9. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Global Community Manager, Arena of Valor
    Palo Alto, CA
    I know this is an iOS website, but I'm sure of you out there also have Android devices so I wanted to post a heads up that Leo is only $0.99 on the Amazon Appstore for a limited time! http://www.amazon.com/1337-Senri-LLC-Leos-Fortune/dp/B00N57VBRG

While we're not doing anything on iOS just now, our one-year anniversary is approaching this month so stay tuned :)

10. Rythan

Rythan Well-Known Member

May 16, 2014
    Any surprises?

11. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Global Community Manager, Arena of Valor
    Palo Alto, CA
    It's already been one year since the release of Leo's Fortune and we've reached over 1 MILLION downloads since then! From winning an Apple Design Award, receiving Editor's Choice, and even being nominated for Touch Arcade's GOTY, it has been a very exciting year and thank each and every one of you for your support.

To celebrate, we will be having a $0.99 Flash Sale beginning today on all platforms!

[​IMG]

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'll start the chant...

Sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel

13. jellybeans12345

jellybeans12345 Active Member

May 12, 2015
    vet nurse
    Australia
    Such a stunning game heard about it on the pod cast KIDS GAME POD.
    Its awesome. My kids really love it and we are from a design background and are in awe of the design and graphics of this game. The game play is well done also:D:D:D. Often you get games that look great but are plain boring but this game ticks all the boxes, well done to the developers. I guess the games are going this way with the graphics and it seems as though you have to have an edge to get anywhere in the app store these days. Games like BATTLE OF THE TUNES that were original and now totally flooded with similar games. Thats why this one is awesome because it has originality that stands out from the rest....

14. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    ^^This! I had so much fun with this amazing platformer! One of my favorite, and a standard bearer on iOS imho.

15. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I'm still stuck on a level 3/4 of the way through! definately lots of fun and challenge. I'd go for a sequel

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    What a nice surprise! An Apple TV version just popped up on my purchased list. Awesome! :D

17. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    I sing with you

18. FuZion

FuZion Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    C’mon people.

This game has just been updated with 120fps support on iPad Pro, and there’s not a single comment from players or the Touch Arcade crew on how utterly gorgeous it looks.