Universal Leo's Fortune (By 1337 & Senri LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 23, 2014.

1. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Global Community Manager, Arena of Valor
    Palo Alto, CA
    Just wanted to drop by and let everyone know that there are less than 24 hours until the price point of Leo goes back to normal!

Thanks for your support along the way.

2. G.R.

G.R. Active Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Less than 5 hours left for the contest! I was able to enter. My girls birthday is coming up and I'm trying to win for her. Also trying to win for TouchArcades honor! Lol

3. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Palo Alto, CA
    Both great reasons to enter! Thanks for participating.

4. G.R.

G.R. Active Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I didn't win the iPad mini, but I got runner up! My gift card came in the mail today. Thank you Leo's Fortune team!

5. Guffff

Guffff Member

Aug 1, 2011
    anyone tips for carnival?
    cant get past 2.35 , so not even near

6. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Is this worth 5 bucks?

7. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Yes. :)

TA gave it a 5 star review, average TA user rating is 5 stars, and average App Store rating is 4.5 stars. If reading some of those isn't enough info, you could watch some of the gameplay videos at the beginning of this thread.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Most definitely. ;)

9. G.R.

G.R. Active Member

Mar 19, 2012
  10. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Palo Alto, CA
  11. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Came to this forum cause I was debating on buying this but I'm not sure I really understand what's hardcore about that mode in the game? I didn't see any enemies it just looked like a speed run. Does this game auto run? From what I've seen this game seems pretty overrated. 24 lvls for 5$ there is much better value elsewhere in the AppStore. Guess I'll pass on this one. Oh well

12. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I don't think it's overrated (then something like monument valley is also overrated...) nor is it an autorunner.And it has a lot of enemies (and some puzzles).And it has soul unlike SO many other iOS games.Well spent money for me.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well its your opinion but the masses disagree. Its JUST $5, theres a lot of content in it, the levels are quite long. Well worth supporting, one of Apples games of the year which i totally agree with. Again its just $5

14. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Totally agree with psj. You really missing out by not playing this game. I hesitated originally because of the "24 levels" thing, but it's well worth it and the levels are pretty long. One of the better platformers on iOS to date.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #215 psj3809, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    l also tend to take my time with a game like this, the graphics look amazing, some well thought of levels. Just love the look and style of this one. If anything i dont want to rush this as i dont want to reach the end so quick !

So glad Apples giving it the love it deserves, hopefully we'll get a sequel at some point.

I think yet again some people seem to expect 1234124 levels if a games $5 ! Yes it has 24 levels but the levels are quite long

16. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Not only are the 24 levels pretty long, but they're also pretty difficult to master. Because this game gives you pretty frequent checkpoints within a level, it is possible to just bumble your way through the levels without really learning them, since if you retry enough times you'll eventually make it to the next checkpoint. I could see that if someone just played through all the levels that way they'd finish the game pretty quickly. However if you make yourself learn each level well enough to complete it without getting killed, then it becomes quite a long game.

17. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Palo Alto, CA
    You're correct that it's a speedrun in a sense, yes. Hardcore mode requires you to complete all levels in one playthrough, so if you die you start over.

Imagine making it to level 20 and overshooting a jump by just an inch and falling into a pit... sounds pretty hardcore to me ;)

Thanks for the love everyone, we're honored to be named Game of the Year - Runner Up in the App Store Best of 2014. To celebrate we're bringing the game down to $2.99 through Sunday night.

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #218 Rip73, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    Agree with both PSJ and NEON.
    A truly excellent game that absolutely deserved the awards from Apple. And those awards were not easily won considering the amazing competition that was out there this year. Threes and Monument Valley were also worthy and truly excellent additions to the App Store this year just as this one is.

I'd even call it it an essential experience on mobile that is visually up there with the very best but also just a very enjoyable and challenging game at the same time.
    It's just an excellent "experience" to play it which is about as good a thing I can say about any game.

It represents huge value for money at its price and even more so now on sale. Just not even a factor due to the great experience.
    Return on investment wise, it's a no brainer, just get it.

19. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Now on sale for $0.99. This is my second 'HAMMER THAT BUY BUTTON' game after Terraria, which also just went on sale :)

20. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Which control scheme is better ... touch or buttons?

Thanks!