Universal Lego Tower

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ste86uk, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I couldn’t find a post yet and not sure how to make one properly so if anyone wants to delete this and make a new one properly feel free.

But I noticed a few days ago that Lego Tower by NimbleBit is up for pre-order on my UK store with a release date of the 1st of July.

Legion180 likes this.
  2. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
  3. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
  4. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    IS IT CHRISTMAS ALREADY?!?!?!?!
    I pre-love the game, will try and leave feedback ASAP.

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Oo thanks for the update, downloading now.

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #6 ste86uk, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    I’m not sure how I’ll feel about this one, I liked the original game trying to get the best tower and income with dream jobs etc and building more and more floors. I dropped off after that with the prestige system coming in with golden floors as I don’t see the point spending all my time to build a big tower to reset it to get some golden floors it just makes me think then why would I care about anything in my tower or how it looks.

I see this one has golden bricks so you can prestige after floor 50 to start again. What happens to bux you spend upgrading floors too? Is it just a waste of you lose it anyway?

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Other than my concern above as I feel like prestige doesn’t work for this type of game it just feels like a cheap way to extend game life which has the opposite effect on me generally.

Other than that it seems pretty good so far the graphics are nice and you can customise your tower and change parts for your citizens to make them look however you’d like as you collect parts for them while playing.

The game seems generous with the bux it gives away as NimbleBit are known for so I’m pleased with that and the gameplay itself just worried about prestige and where my bux for floor upgrades go as it seems pointless if I reset anyway.

This game has a membership system and I don’t know how I feel about that £20 will get you nearly a year and you can buy 5 days 25 days or 299, I don’t mind spending on games that are free to support them and although the membership looks unnecessary if you chose not to buy it it feels expensive for me I’d spend the amount for around a month but I’d like longer for it although I don’t know if that’s greedy? I can’t see myself spending £5 a month on it for some bonuses.

Still anyone that’s liked the previous games should definitely give this a go I’d love to know what you all feel about the game too.

8. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    #8 Asp, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    NimbleBit looks to be doing a fine job integrating Tiny Tower with Lego. Appearance is improved now that 8-bit graphics are replaced with high res, with some rooms and backgrounds based on actual Lego sets.

The freemium aspect is the fairest I’ve seen, avoiding the disadvantages of a standard subscription based model. As @ste86uk says, a fixed number of days can be purchased but only days played are counted, so if days are missed then nothing is lost and overall time is extended. Alternatively it can be played perfectly well for free, and there are no ads.

Too early for me to tell how the prestige will work out. Bux may well be lost if used to upgrade floors but they do seem quick to earn and replace.

9. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Will progress carry over or be reset when it is released?

10. tekott

tekott New Member

Dec 12, 2013
    I know lego is plastic. But somehow the game looks too plastic. Maybe the colours need abit washing of dusting to make it more pleasant.
    There lack of sense of unlocking as players can choose the type of build, maybe they should lock the features after the floor type is found in random. Generic minifig are really generic. They need to add some spice to the randoms.
    Plays like tiny tower but lack the novelty there was once there.
    Restarting the whole tower seems nice touch but option to open another tower would be better. Giving players option to keep towers they love and spend time building. And they can monetize it by locking additional towers under bucks.

11. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Good point! In the beta version Cloud saving is available by registering an email address so hopefully progress can be retrieved if the full release causes a reset.

12. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    How does one increase the speed of the elevator? It's so freaking slow

13. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    LOL, go to menu - customize - increase speed/coin tips.

costs many bux for very small increments

14. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Got it I need to actually play it for a while before the options show including the ability to enter the betaclub

15. DLark

DLark Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    #15 DLark, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Looking for friends. Friend code 2HWX

Mus7angN8 likes this.
  16. yenlai

yenlai New Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Mus7angN8 likes this.
  17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Mus7angN8 likes this.
  18. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
  19. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Here’s my code 2H79

Mus7angN8 likes this.
  20. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Or click on the elevator. You can do it there.